ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonn

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you only have 1 PC to test with? I would explore checking your PC settings as well.

Hi Fibernet,

Tested with my wife's PC, my office notebook, even VQ's notebook also cannot hit that speed (600Mbps). Only after changing to the AC87, then it can. No tweaking on the settings, just plug and play. But plugging back the N66U, the speed drop back to 240+. Simply weird. Even the VQ engineer also not sure why this can happen.

Note : If I plug directly to the Zhone, I can hit the speed though on my PC. This was tested as well, but how come N66U has this issue but not the AC87?

Anyway I went through this troubleshoot exercise over a period of 1 month plus, really tiring. I just need to wait for another 2 more weeks to change the ASUS router. Hopefully the true speed which I had subscribed can be achieved.

fibernet

Reaction score
Hmmm.. Means to say cannot use remote ah... How abt app? Is there any app that can act as a remote that is compatible with VQTV2?

There is a Google Remote which can be used. There is a discussion on the fibernet forum about this topic.

bhx_sg

Reaction score
Using switch with viewqwest

Just got viewqwest ytd and thinking of getting a switch so that can connect two pcs to go online at same time. Anyone same? care to share setup?

Modem is in utility cabinet all the way at entrance of house, data pt only in living room, already converted tel pts in rooms to data pts, wish to put switch in room.

Will it work? need any rocket science setup?

TIA!

u_ntitled

Reaction score
Just got viewqwest ytd and thinking of getting a switch so that can connect two pcs to go online at same time. Anyone same? care to share setup?

Modem is in utility cabinet all the way at entrance of house, data pt only in living room, already converted tel pts in rooms to data pts, wish to put switch in room.

TIA!

put a switch in utility box and another on your room

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TIA!

Yes, will work. I'm on a similar setup. No rocket science involved. Unmanaged switches are good enough. No configuration necessary, plug and play.

Switches are cheap also. :D

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
Welcome back VQ guys! Just saw that the Internet section is sponsored by VQ now. Nice! :D

lewis_wong

Reaction score
Freedom VPN update. We have made some changes to support Youku and LETV. Could you guys give it a shot and give us some feedback.

With using my Freedom VPN, Youku is not working due to Country lock to China viewer only. LETV is working fine for me so far.

fibernet

Reaction score
With using my Freedom VPN, Youku is not working due to Country lock to China viewer only. LETV is working fine for me so far.

Hi,

Could you PM me your contact details. Will get someone on our Freedom VPN team to troubleshoot Youku with you.

It should not be blocked.

Regards

stanats

Reaction score
Is there a way to waive FTP installation charges? This flat we are transferring to apparently doesn't have one :sad:

JeNoVa-IcHiGo

Reaction score
Is there a way to waive FTP installation charges? This flat we are transferring to apparently doesn't have one :sad:

Not that I'm aware of neh... But you can pay it in installments if you don't want to fork out that much in 1 shot thou:s12::s12:

InnocentBlood

Reaction score
Roku 3 on freedom vpn

Hi, is anyone using the roku 3 with their freedom vpn? I intend to do this and I will need access to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime & other premium channels. Would you please share instructions what you did to get your roku 3 up & running? I intend to get mine during comex. Thank you :)

JeNoVa-IcHiGo

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone using the roku 3 with their freedom vpn? I intend to do this and I will need access to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime & other premium channels. Would you please share instructions what you did to get your roku 3 up & running? I intend to get mine during comex. Thank you :)

It will work, just need to know that you would need to perform static route on your router for Google DNS for it to work.

grynove

Reaction score
static route will works. or you block google dns service on your wan port.
it all depends on what router you using.

and to answer your question. yes i am using roku 3. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.