Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when you bought it? so now lowered price liao? (600+?) tempting sia... :s13::s13:

zhaoshanhe

Reaction score
I got the md s name card. Very earnest fellow. I think I will buy from him lol. The comfort is better than Aeron in my opinion as the lumbar support is solid.

yup agree. u can adjust the lumbar support height to suit ur lumbar position. works well when u decline the chair too. i use the chair as it is with no other support/cushion and can sit for few hours per session without any pain/discomfort.

additional info. iirc, think the price is inclusive of delivery and can do COD. they will deliver to you wrapped in plastic protectors and fully assembled. just roll into your room and use. I was late for around 15 mins and told my brother to pay them first but they very kindly waited until i am back and inspect the chair before they left. not trying to promote them or anything but the overall process and experience was very pleasant.

will try HM when this chair fails or cant be used. heard good reviews of it too.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup agree. u can adjust the lumbar support height to suit ur lumbar position. works well when u decline the chair too. i use the chair as it is with no other support/cushion and can sit for few hours per session without any pain/discomfort.

additional info. iirc, think the price is inclusive of delivery and can do COD. they will deliver to you wrapped in plastic protectors and fully assembled. just roll into your room and use. I was late for around 15 mins and told my brother to pay them first but they very kindly waited until i am back and inspect the chair before they left. not trying to promote them or anything but the overall process and experience was very pleasant.

will try HM when this chair fails or cant be used. heard good reviews of it too.

Aeron lumbar support is more passive. I don't really like it. What draws me is the design of the chair lol. Oh and seat is solid.

wizardundo

Reaction score
I just bought the Ergohuman V2 like 2-3 months ago. Total pricing inclusive of delivery and assemble ($609/- [includes GST]). *This is just the default full mesh chair itself without the leg rest.* I was told that V1 and V2 had the same pricing whereas V2 is the newer model.

If you had compare their "V2" to the original V2 as introduced on the website, you will noticed a few differences.

1) Handle bar is different (same old V1 plastic handle)
2) Black plastic cover under seat (same plastic cover instead of revealed metal parts)
3) The seat adjustments (Using 3 in 1 trigger instead of 3 individual controls)
4) The tension control is turning knob instead of crank turning

Basically I would that the model feels like V1 plus instead of V2. I think I also read somewhere that says that the real V2 version is not release in SEA.

Anyway, I tested the chair and feel that lumbar support was there, the mesh seat is quite comfortable. The chair was much much cooler than my previous leather chair.

Overall, I like the chair but It does makes some noise if you keep shifting it around. :s13:

P.S. This is the most expensive chair I've owned so far, as I've not tried others (like Herman Miller or similar expensive brand), I was not able to compare the effectiveness of the ergonomic feature of such chair. Except that it is way better than the previous $300+ I used to have. :o

You can try it out at the showroom, Apres No.9 Harrison Road #06-01 Singapore 369651. Tel: 67410009

Last edited:

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mhmm it looks too similar to the v1.
Does ur chair Manual indicates otherwise?

ginseng1

Master Member
Reaction score
I've tried the Ergo and HM Aeon.

End up I bought the MARKUS Swivel chair from IKEA for $399.

Price has dropped to $299.

Got 2 sets.

Lumbar support and good for big size people.

Cheap and good.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Got 2 sets.

Cheap and good.

Fabric and leather chair is a Nono for me lol.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can't tell how good or bad the Herman Miller Aeron is just by sitting on it. Please let me explain.

The Aeron is an ergonomic chair. It is designed to keep your spine straight. To do that, you first start with the right frame. The frame comes in three sizes (at the time I bought it), depending on your height. You then adjust the various levers for height, tilt etc until the chair is customized to your liking. To sit on the Aeron, you have to move your butt all the way back until the lumbar support is nestled against the small of your back. (This is why the frame size is important. Too big and your knees will not hang over the edge nicely.) This way, you will be sitting in the correct posture with a straight spine.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By lumbar support, I mean this.

20150825_213359_zps7obnbxex.jpg

The Aeron has two types of lumbar support - the horizontal type which is useless (in my opinion) and the butterfly-shaped one in the above pic.

While I can't comment on the other chairs in the OP, I have used the Aeron for years and have two of these at home.

Maximus_XXVIII

Reaction score

The Aeron has two types of lumbar support - the horizontal type which is useless (in my opinion) and the butterfly-shaped one in the above pic.

While I can't comment on the other chairs in the OP, I have used the Aeron for years and have two of these at home.

Agreed. I'm also using the Posture Fit attachment shown in your photo. It definitely feels better and provides more support with the tension adjustment than the lumbar attachment.

jarred1223

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Got 2 sets.

Cheap and good.

I bought a similar chair to the IKEA MARKUS, but from vhive

after 1 year+, the back mesh will start to sag since there is no physical support.

just FYI, and hope your chair can last longer than mine

Last edited:

dEv_

Reaction score
I just bought the Ergohuman V2 like 2-3 months ago. Total pricing inclusive of delivery and assemble ($609/- [includes GST]). *This is just the default full mesh chair itself without the leg rest.* I was told that V1 and V2 had the same pricing whereas V2 is the newer model.

If you had compare their "V2" to the original V2 as introduced on the website, you will noticed a few differences.

1) Handle bar is different (same old V1 plastic handle)
2) Black plastic cover under seat (same plastic cover instead of revealed metal parts)
3) The seat adjustments (Using 3 in 1 trigger instead of 3 individual controls)
4) The tension control is turning knob instead of crank turning

Basically I would that the model feels like V1 plus instead of V2. I think I also read somewhere that says that the real V2 version is not release in SEA.

Anyway, I tested the chair and feel that lumbar support was there, the mesh seat is quite comfortable. The chair was much much cooler than my previous leather chair.

Overall, I like the chair but It does makes some noise if you keep shifting it around. :s13:

P.S. This is the most expensive chair I've owned so far, as I've not tried others (like Herman Miller or similar expensive brand), I was not able to compare the effectiveness of the ergonomic feature of such chair. Except that it is way better than the previous $300+ I used to have. :o

You can try it out at the showroom, Apres No.9 Harrison Road #06-01 Singapore 369651. Tel: 67410009

i got the same chair from him too. been using it since 2012. the chair come with a 3 years warranty.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought a similar chair to the IKEA MARKUS, but from vhive

after 1 year+, the back mesh will start to sag since there is no physical support.

just FYI, and hope your chair can last longer than mine

Yeah, that's been my impression of those who copy the mesh style at a lower price-point. Sure can't last... The Markus does have some support though, dunno if that'll help the durability.

markus-bureaustoel-zwart__0184763_PE336474_S4.JPG

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I tried the hm aeron for a good 30 mins surfing and sitting on the chair. The lumbar support to me is close to non-existing. Should I be changing to posture fit it will be additional cost. While the chair is indeed good, I find ergo human more comfortable and adjustable. In the end buying the ergohuman from apres lol.

When I am free I will probably head down to china square and test out the japanese okamura contessa

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
I tried the hm aeron for a good 30 mins surfing and sitting on the chair. The lumbar support to me is close to non-existing. Should I be changing to posture fit it will be additional cost. While the chair is indeed good, I find ergo human more comfortable and adjustable. In the end buying the ergohuman from apres lol.

When I am free I will probably head down to china square and test out the japanese okamura contessa

Haiyo ... just hoot the HM Aeron lah :D

Don't even need to think so much ;)

Last edited:

bemylove

Banned
Reaction score
Dont get Aeron, it is an old design with poor lumpar support! :D
Want HM, look at Embody, much more comfortable.
Or cheaper the Sayl, much better back support, but it is cushion seat, a thick one at least, But it may get hot without aircon and sweaty dirty if not maintained. UOB use Sayl. HM can pay installment free using CC. :D

Dont get Ikea Markus, the leather will spoil by 2 years in our climate. And it has a high tall back.

Tiagong the Harwoth Zody is quite value for money here. But OP didnt like it.. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.