[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But u lose ur sim card means gg liao no refund.
That is why most ppl will go with new sim each time.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, kaohsiung's ipass can use in taipei public transport next month onwards, but uu card still cannot use in kaohsiung public transport.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really don't know. That's why I ask.

Ezlink can use in changi and jurong east.

But yoyo card cannot take train in KHH but can take khh bus. that's why I ask about the sim card mah.

Why are you even using transportation tap cards to compare against telco simcards?

At least 26 analogy better, buy sim card in tampines cannot use in jurong...

Last edited:

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, kaohsiung's ipass can use in taipei public transport next month onwards, but uu card still cannot use in kaohsiung public transport.

I going next month wor.. But the ipass not refundable. So I think I will use uu card take khh bus and cash take khh metro.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I going next month wor.. But the ipass not refundable. So I think I will use uu card take khh bus and cash take khh metro.

uu card can use on kkh bus? sure bo?

update: can. from wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EasyCard):

Buses

The EasyCard can be used on bus systems in Taipei, New Taipei, Keelung, Taoyuan, Taichung, Tainan, and Kaohsiung City.

When paying bus fare, the EasyCard machine prevents repeated transactions on the same card until the bus travels into the next paying section. The bus driver can reset this mechanism so passengers are able to swipe multiple times to pay for others. Transfers between the MRT and bus systems offer half-fare discounts which are automatically taken when the card is scanned.

In Taichung, users can enjoy an 8-kilometer free ride.

Last edited:

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ya.. Then my sep balanced talktime can use in Nov also.. I just need to top up so I can have data in Nov.. Tks for the tips. :)

yes, the talktime will always remain as it is. u just need to top up the value n activate the dataplan. n u can surf net, watapps as per normal

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

cannot refund, den bring it n keep as a collectives lo
now u go khh, still got mrt....last time when i was there. mrt havent build, i had to walk

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now u go khh, still got mrt....last time when i was there. mrt havent build, i had to walk
U old bird there mah. I only went twice and last yr was my first trip.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, the talktime will always remain as it is. u just need to top up the value n activate the dataplan. n u can surf net, watapps as per normal

Tks.. Will do so but too bad don't have Garfield's number. :(

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ya i brought a new nice nice ipass card... and a uu card.. nice one.. the drawing..

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh, I'll arrive at Taipei airport 6am.. My buddy will only reach in the afternoon.. Any recommendation where to do and where to get a hearty breakfast?

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
Erm after booking my tix then I remembered to check for any long holidays in Taiwan, and I realised their national day faint. Have any one gone there during that period? Where are the can go places and the must avoid all crowds area?

JX1983

Reaction score
Erm after booking my tix then I remembered to check for any long holidays in Taiwan, and I realised their national day faint. Have any one gone there during that period? Where are the can go places and the must avoid all crowds area?

Haha I kana their Ching Ming Jie last year.. Those tourist attraction a lot ppl..

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Went once in 2011...

Near their Presidential Office Building is usually road closure, got exhibit around the place and the surrounding area but alot of ppl(Nt a place u would go anyway), main parade is need pass to access..Dadaocheng Wharf should have fireworks if you are keen but be warn, the crowd is scary..

Other than that, the usual places no issue..

Below pictures on actual day morning..Around 8-9am..

This few is from around the main event..
9qIqaEg.jpg

1GIUSPe.jpg

5cljDLQ.jpg

KuJ9Nyf.jpg

Taken from Ximending during the actual event since no pass to access...

sIsDzJH.jpg

PS7x2Rc.jpg

Last edited:

Danger21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
super long bo enter this thread liao... come in here to plus satu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.