EDMW Knife Collectors

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe SOG was issued by SAF in the past. SOG has the best pliers.

As for serrations - you need to understand the mechanics behind sharpening serrations. At the factory, the serrations are ground in by using a wheel with the serration pattern ground in the wheel - so some have the spyderco type serrations some have the cold steel type etc. In order to sharpen serrations properly, you need to be able to get into the edge of the serrations which means that the contact point of the abrasive has to be similar or smaller in diameter to each 'serration'.

Most serrations sharpeners are either a rod type (conical) (DMT) so that you only need one rod to get into each serration. Some use the corners of a stone to 'slide' in and out of each serration (spyderco sharpmaker, gatco etc).

I like the sharpmaker as it is versatile - you can sharpen both the serrations and the plain edge in one stroke. To strop the serration (if you want to polish it a little, although it kinda defeats the point), just use a small diameter shoelace, rub some stropping compound in it and slide it up and down each serration.

[I hate serrations but they have their place for cutting nylon rope]. Personally I would send it back to factory - I've never seen anyone sharpen serrations better than factory, although a lot of steel is removed at factory.

Or in the case of SOG, you should be able to buy a replacement blade. In that case, you might even be able to choose the plain edge instead to save you trouble for future sharpening.

Dr Hunt

Reaction score
Guys,does Vpost or Comgateway allow forwarding of knives from Amazon? Folders and fixed blades under 5 inches. I plan to order them in these 2 days. Thanks.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
CGW - folders should be ok. fixed blades (outside of kitchen knives) - no so far, but they were big uns. I'm not sure of smallish fixies, but you don't want to risk it - if you use CGW and they don't deliver, you'll have to pay a fair bit to get it returned to Amazon.

Never used Vpost.

elingtey

Reaction score
Guys,does Vpost or Comgateway allow forwarding of knives from Amazon? Folders and fixed blades under 5 inches. I plan to order them in these 2 days. Thanks.

Hi
Never used vpost, they won't sent for you. It won't works. They have a lot of restriction. U will end up need return to seller in Amazon or discard package. Think they open each package.

elingtey

Reaction score

They are some sites sent directly, according to them successfully received by buyer. I did try in other country and it successfully received., but keep in mind, knife must folded and in box.. Last advise, don't use package forwarder like vpost, u will end up lost everything.

elingtey

Reaction score

If u used amazan, kindly don't use free shipping or standard shipment,please used parity shipment.

Dr Hunt

Reaction score
Thanks elingtey.

Any international sites that ship direct to sg? Spyerdco Endura 4 Wave, ESEE Laser Strike and Izula. Edgepedition has the ESEEs, it's an alternative I might use.

Dr Hunt

Reaction score
CGW - folders should be ok. fixed blades (outside of kitchen knives) - no so far, but they were big uns. I'm not sure of smallish fixies, but you don't want to risk it - if you use CGW and they don't deliver, you'll have to pay a fair bit to get it returned to Amazon.

Never used Vpost.

I checked CGW,complies with IATA regulations barring "swords and knives", vPOST don't do knives.

Need another sales channel to get the stuff.

Sapnis

Reaction score
Thanks elingtey.

Any international sites that ship direct to sg? Spyerdco Endura 4 Wave, ESEE Laser Strike and Izula. Edgepedition has the ESEEs, it's an alternative I might use.

Hello doctor hunt, i believe most of the site Do ship to Singapore, however u need to take notes that its illegal to bring certain types of knife into singapore. (Flipper etc) but i dont think that the customs know the difference is some knifes. Just make sure you check the with singapore customs.

TheBUSTED

Reaction score
Thanks elingtey.

Hi Dr Hunt,

I highly recommend KnifeCenter. The fast and secure shipment is worth the premium you pay. Shipped an ESEE 4 with no problems at all.

elingtey

Reaction score
Thanks elingtey.

Hi Dr. Hunt,
This site too ship to Singapore "hrknives" . Hope this refrence also help u too.

elingtey

Reaction score
Thanks elingtey.

Hi Dr Hunt,
Another online store "urbantoolhaus" local Singapore site also provide free delivery, just not sure they have the knife u wanted. Honestly, I like spring assistant and automatic knife, but it consider illegal over here... For me, I like the knife "opening fast" .. lol

squarebox

Reaction score
Hi Dr Hunt,
Another online store "urbantoolhaus" local Singapore site also provide free delivery, just not sure they have the knife u wanted. Honestly, I like spring assistant and automatic knife, but it consider illegal over here... For me, I like the knife "opening fast" .. lol

If you like fast opening knives, why not get some high-end flippers? Some are just as fast as autos :s12:

anvil_den

Reaction score
If you like fast opening knives, why not get some high-end flippers? Some are just as fast as autos :s12:

Yea.. if well designed and precisely made.. a lot of time even thumb stud or hole type opening can be pretty quick... boils down down to finger dexterity and whether knife is suited to one's hand size.

elingtey

Reaction score
Yea.. if well designed and precisely made.. a lot of time even thumb stud or hole type opening can be pretty quick... boils down down to finger dexterity and whether knife is suited to one's hand size.

Yes, I am think buy Kershaw 1776GRYBW at Amazon using comgateway. Anyone can advise?

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am think buy Kershaw 1776GRYBW at Amazon using comgateway. Anyone can advise?

For the money, I'm not sure if that is a good choice. The steel is only 420HC, which isn't all that great unless it is Buck's/Bos heat treat.

timber2

Reaction score
Some stuffs to go:
1. Nocturnal Fixed Blades - Tanto Yeti (Full Black) and OBR (Full Camo)
2. Strider SA Full Titanium - One and only (Custom)
3. Strider Folder SMF - Gun Scale
4. Spartan Blades - SOLD
5. Surefire Delta Folder
6. Crusader Forge both Folder - FIFP and Fixed Blade

All are new and never carried. Comes as original boxes if available.

Msg me at 83880429 for images as I got too low count to post images.

Bump....

Urgent off-loading....so willing to let go at a lost....

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Got a couple of nice folders sitting in my safe collecting dust =:p so tossing it out there if anyone is interested. Asking for what I have in them (approximately that is):

For the collectors :)

- ZT801 stonewashed version. Elmax. All perfect. NIB. USD210 via paypal.
- ZT0392 limited edition stonewashed/working finish. CTS204P. All perfect. NIB. USD500 via paypal.

And some users and fixies for the users or adventurers :)

- Enzobirk folding puukko customized with a zero grind and poboy emerson style. S30V. USD300 via paypal.
- CAS custom forged hunter-fighter in sanmai steel (fixed blade) sold
- Big Chris Bolo (13" blade) - a real brute for your adventures. CPM3V. USD550 via paypal.

I'll absorb the 4.5% paypal fees ;)

If you're nice and buy more than one, I'll discount further or throw in some freebies.

THanks for looking - all items are legal to own. All have delicious steel and all are razor sharp and ready for action.

image_zpsuhfvr9mn.jpg

Last edited:

doel89

Reaction score
Erhm its me again!
I will be going to japan next month and would like all the pro here to recommend me a mid tier kitchen knife.

I currently own a zweinling twin pollux chef knife. Tojiro dp 150mm slicer and a tojiro dp 200mm gyuto..

Any good intro

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.