Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcert

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone went to Jinmen before?
Any interesting places to go?
Looking a 1 night stay there...enough?

I am also looking at scuba diving at Green island end of this year....is it feasible?

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am also looking at scuba diving at Green island end of this year....is it feasible?
Jinmen haven't go but mastu went be4
green island oso went b4. end of yr, cannot. cos water too cold, the instructors dun really recommend diving. but will b good to enjoy hot spring

Xcert

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jinmen haven't go but mastu went be4
green island oso went b4. end of yr, cannot. cos water too cold, the instructors dun really recommend diving. but will b good to enjoy hot spring
Anything interesting to do at green island?
Tot of diving there since I havent dived there before....If the water isnt suitable...how about the rest of the activities there?
Not sure if I want to spend the effort to get to green island if the hot spring is something like...say....beitou?

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tot of diving there since I havent dived there before....If the water isnt suitable...how about the rest of the activities there?
Not sure if I want to spend the effort to get to green island if the hot spring is something like...say....beitou?

Also planning to visit Green Island a month from now..

Wish someone can really help me out with my itinerary.. we're just going for 7 days but my travel bud wants to do Taipei > Hualien > Cingjing > Green Island

Should I drop Cingjing for Tainan 1 day and Green Island 1 day?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Comparing it with beitou is different. It is sea water hotspring if i am not wrong...
And with infinity pool experience.
But weather is cold, thus not recommended though.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wish someone can really help me out with my itinerary.. we're just going for 7 days but my travel bud wants to do Taipei > Hualien > Cingjing > Green Island

Can you lay out your entire plan for discussion?

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you lay out your entire plan for discussion?

Seriously, I've already laid out my entire plan :(

We have yet to look at accommodations, book any agents/transports to places of interest like Taroko etc.. So yea.. :(

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.302448496481063.70133.133272780065303&type=3
I took them in 2010
the hot spring is called underwater seabed hot spring. water source came from under the sea (not sure wat I mean, go google how hot spring or geothermal spring is form)
green island hot spring is definitely different from beitou.

usually during summer time, there is a night ecohabit tour. winter time, not 2 sure.
other than diving n hot spring, u can visit the Green Island Human Rights Memorial Park, old prison(used to hold political criminals, who include lee Ao, Ex vice president Annette Lu n many more)
there r oso many bird view points overseeing the pacific ocean (good for phototaking)
w/o diving, 1 2d1n tour would b enough.

Last edited:

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comparing it with beitou is different. It is sea water hotspring if i am not wrong...
And with infinity pool experience.
But weather is cold, thus not recommended though.
Jinmen n orchid island still haven't go:(

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

next mth going green island???? weather turning cold but still do-able
7days include green island very rush
simple planning
24/9 airport to cingjing
(if taking scoot, reach 0530hrs. clear customs, collect bags, buy simcard, change money, 0830hrs den can leave airport. reach Taichung by HSR, 0930hrs. take cab up to cingjing, at least 1100hrs( tired, taxing, rushing)
25/9 cingjing to hualien
26/9 hualien to taitung
27/9 taitung to green island
28/9 green island back to taitung
29/9 taitung to taipei
30/9 taipei
1/10 taipei to airport

day 1 is a rough guide time allocation. havent include the time for traveling for the rest of the days

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
24 Sep to 1 Oct

Taipei - got no idea what we are gonna do there, planning 2 days
Cingjing - farm + minsu + tea, 1 day probably
Hualien - Taroko, no other plans
Green Island - ???
Taipei can go jiufen, pingsi, qingtong etc etc. can put sky lantern enjoy train rides
many shopping areas, can shop till u bankrupt

it all depen on wat u want to do.

there r oso nice sunset viewing area like danshui, dadaocheng wharfs

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Deepblue82 got buy this boh?
11960036_10156059447845397_3798100628465848464_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.