Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah sometimes will cuei one. That's why it's not for trading...more for those buy and hold people

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
I already closed my esaver accounts. can check where will the dividends be credited to? settlement account?

chowck

Reaction score
I too also closed my esavers a/c. The counter gal told me that Dash a/c cannot operate using counter services. Dash only for online, atm, Nets etc. The ATM refers only to Scb atm machine only? Not sure whether can use the card for Nets payment purposes islandwide etc as not tried yet. Also, although it earns higher interest compare to esavers, only fresh fund deposited enjoy the rate. Trf from within a/cs not considered fresh funds.

Pls correct me if the facts above are wrong.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
I too also closed my esavers a/c. The counter gal told me that Dash a/c cannot operate using counter services. Dash only for online, atm, Nets etc. The ATM refers only to Scb atm machine only? Not sure whether can use the card for Nets payment purposes islandwide etc as not tried yet. Also, although it earns higher interest compare to esavers, only fresh fund deposited enjoy the rate. Trf from within a/cs not considered fresh funds.

Pls correct me if the facts above are wrong.

I think you got the accounts mixed up.

Dash doesn't have any fresh funds requirement. The interest rate is a flat 0.5% with no conditions. Esaver is the one that requires fresh funds.

Can withdraw from dash account using ATM at any ATM with atm5 sign. Can use for nets transactions as well. I've tried both

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah I closed my esaver account and opened the dash account, but sibei mafan still have to go plaza sing the branch show IC verify identity. till now still haven't find the time to go yet lol.

meanwhile can I transfer funds from other banks straight into my securities settlement account to buy stocks? or need go to dash account then go settlement account?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah I closed my esaver account and opened the dash account, but sibei mafan still have to go plaza sing the branch show IC verify identity. till now still haven't find the time to go yet lol.

meanwhile can I transfer funds from other banks straight into my securities settlement account to buy stocks? or need go to dash account then go settlement account?

No, you can only transfer from SCB account to settlement account

Average

Banned
Reaction score
Ya why they make so mafan ah? I already scb customer ma, still want me go show ic??

Sent from Xiaomi 2013023 using GAGT

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I opened my Dash around when they first launched, they also ask me go down to the bank despite having an esaver account already. I never went down, 1 month later they send me my dash card and confirm the account has been opened.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I too also closed my esavers a/c. The counter gal told me that Dash a/c cannot operate using counter services. Dash only for online, atm, Nets etc. The ATM refers only to Scb atm machine only? Not sure whether can use the card for Nets payment purposes islandwide etc as not tried yet..
No, the Dash card is purely scb ATM only. Just throw somewhere when you receive it, pretty useless.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Dash is a joint venture between SCB and Singtel. Not a solely SCB business.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah sometimes will cuei one. That's why it's not for trading...more for those buy and hold people

yup....even when using normal txn.....not trading...it is slow.
some times....the sms OTP thing doesnt work.
I use DBS ibanking....always works.
I did called up SCB regarding this...and they insist is my telco problem.

but still use for buying of small value stocks....the 0.2% is still kick ass.

waxqube

Reaction score
yup....even when using normal txn.....not trading...it is slow.
some times....the sms OTP thing doesnt work.
I use DBS ibanking....always works.
I did called up SCB regarding this...and they insist is my telco problem.

but still use for buying of small value stocks....the 0.2% is still kick ass.

Yea, sometimes the SMS OTP doesn't work or it's damn slow. I suspect it's their provider, because the SMS OTP from elsewhere is always fast

It's also very easy to screw up if you press back or refresh the page... Then you're stuck and have to wait 15 mins before you can login again

Last edited:

mushroom_head

Reaction score
Can I check does stand chart recently have errors in their dividends payment? First was starhub they paid more (and they took it back) now i realised today that frasers centrepoint trust and starhill global trust now they paid less. Thanks! :s11:

ValueInvestor

Banned
Reaction score
Can I check does stand chart recently have errors in their dividends payment? First was starhub they paid more (and they took it back) now i realised today that frasers centrepoint trust and starhill global trust now they paid less. Thanks! :s11:

just call SCB and ask lor

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, saw on the forum that you guys are closing your esaver account. If so, where do you transfer funds from other banks to scb??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.