Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjobh0103

Reaction score
Hi, quick question. If I want to buy IWDA on LSE, since it's dominated in USD, I would have to transfer or exchange my SGD in esavers to USD in my FCY USD account?

Thank you!

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, quick question. If I want to buy IWDA on LSE, since it's dominated in USD, I would have to transfer or exchange my SGD in esavers to USD in my FCY USD account?

Thank you!
You're half right. You only need to transfer into the Securities Settlement USD account. Unless your FCY USD account offers better exchange rate, don't do it, it's just a waste of time

Sent from Sony D5833 using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
dividends delayed for 3rd day today already..Keppel Reit, Fraser CT, Ascott Reit..:s22:

Suggest you all give SCB a call. It's 2nd day delay if your dividend pay date is on 28 August, as SCB is always delayed by 1 day. So proper time to receive is yesterday, today is 2nd day delayed.

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
addict951 did mention this before that if you don't chase them, they will pretend nothing happen ! :s8:

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggest you all give SCB a call. It's 2nd day delay if your dividend pay date is on 28 August, as SCB is always delayed by 1 day. So proper time to receive is yesterday, today is 2nd day delayed.

I ended up with partial dividend for my starhill :eek::eek::eek:

Got the $6.90 but not the other $1.10 & $1.90...

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I ended up with partial dividend for my starhill :eek::eek::eek:

Got the $6.90 but not the other $1.10 & $1.90...

Happen to me before, they get in after another day. Otherwise, call them up.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
addict951 did mention this before that if you don't chase them, they will pretend nothing happen ! :s8:

i just called them. straight away they said they're having some issues paying out dividends that were supposed to be paid out on 28 aug. they said should receive by tomorrow.

ok lor.

eveee99

Reaction score
i just called them. straight away they said they're having some issues paying out dividends that were supposed to be paid out on 28 aug. they said should receive by tomorrow.

ok lor.

Still thinking whether to close wth my a/c with them ... waste a lot of time over such issues ...

Big Daddy

Reaction score
Anyone got hit with the fall below fee for esaver? I deposited $1000 on 28 Aug and still got the $5 charge today.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone got hit with the fall below fee for esaver? I deposited $1000 on 28 Aug and still got the $5 charge today.

Thought this rule only works from 28 Aug, effectively started in month of Sept?
I have near $0 in my esaver for the whole month of August and didn't tio any charge, perhaps it's other charges?

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any one receive dividends from US stocks in their SCB? Do they always deduct the tax 1st before issuing the dividends?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Big Daddy

Reaction score
Thought this rule only works from 28 Aug, effectively started in month of Sept?
I have near $0 in my esaver for the whole month of August and didn't tio any charge, perhaps it's other charges?

Update: I just called in and they waived the fee straight away. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.