Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

SquallLH

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, I used gshipexpress currently. Based on my experience, you can request their gshipexpress staff to do a repack for your package. But for bag, there maybe some protection that may have cause it to be fluffy.

Of course, you may give them specific instruction to remove all protection to reduce the dimension. They will advise you accordingly.
I did it once for my boxed toy to remove the toy box. Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

Their response time takes 2 business days while CGW's response time was always within a business day. Stopped using CGW after the CC fraud since I kena the fraudulent charge.

After complaining and waiting for their re-repack after 5 business days, it still comes up to 5Kg volumetric weight.

Gave up... I'll not use them again esp. if my items are "bulky" but light. Would have gotten the package now if I had the seller to ship via USPS for the same price I'm paying to GShip. :s8:

Will take a picture when the parcel reaches SG so that I could see how well their "professional" re-packers compressed my stuff...

sp0inK

Reaction score
hi i bought some stuff online from the US with total value of around 285 USD inclusive of shipping, which totals to about 395 SGD. 285 USD should be the value declared on the customs forms. The amount reflected on my bank statement is slightly over 400 sgd after bank fees and currency exchange rate. Is there going to be any customs charge? Since technically the value didnt go over 400 SGD

VacheronLim

Reaction score
hi i bought some stuff online from the US with total value of around 285 USD inclusive of shipping, which totals to about 395 SGD. 285 USD should be the value declared on the customs forms. The amount reflected on my bank statement is slightly over 400 sgd after bank fees and currency exchange rate. Is there going to be any customs charge? Since technically the value didnt go over 400 SGD

'live' FOREX rate is around 1.385 now, the eventual amount posted on your credit card is above $400 because of the bank + visa/master charge, which is combined upwards of 2.5% (or more)

immigration won't factor in all those charges, to them is just parcel value + shipping, as long as under $400 you're safe...

xJessie

Reaction score
anyone have issues of rejected parcel before? vpost jsut rejected my parcel of cosmetics say they do not ship cosmetics??? they only have option of discard parcel, how to discard? few family and friends product inside worth 260usd, thats 300+sgd throw into sea. anyone can advice? on pins and needles now. plus, me shipped these products from this company before never had problem. dunno why vpost ki siao suddenly.

zodiac21

Reaction score
anyone have issues of rejected parcel before? vpost jsut rejected my parcel of cosmetics say they do not ship cosmetics??? they only have option of discard parcel, how to discard? few family and friends product inside worth 260usd, thats 300+sgd throw into sea. anyone can advice? on pins and needles now. plus, me shipped these products from this company before never had problem. dunno why vpost ki siao suddenly.

Take it as a lesson learnt.. But also time to change provider.
Too many red tapes and Vpost is too stuck up to change their operation efficiency admist the competition.

When I use GSHIPEXPRESS. I got a metallic can hair spray. They only identify that non-shippable items admist my purchase and advise me. To throw or return to vendor. But still got to pay a fee for returning to vendor which is fair to me.

Rest of the items in the parcel, they will still do FREE repacking and shipped for me. So far, this is something i really like about GSHIPEXPESS. Really personalized and lending a helping hand.

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise on a reliable forwarder from US to SG? Decided to stop using CGW after some fraudulent charges and their last screw up last month.

Prefer something with high efficiency

Is Gshipexpress reliable? Can send stuff from Amazon to Gship?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise on a reliable forwarder from US to SG? Decided to stop using CGW after some fraudulent charges and their last screw up last month.

Of all the forwarders, I still find the best is CGW.
But I use HopShopGo instead - it's CGW rebranded with Paypal as the payment gateway, so they never have your CC details at all.

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just chanced upon this thread and would like to seek some advise regarding my purchase...

My sis wants to buy quite a lot of pokemon figures from amazon & ebay, would it be better to have them all ship to CGW and ship all of them back to SG?

Or separate the shipments? like ship amazon order back first, thereafter ebay order?

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Of all the forwarders, I still find the best is CGW.
But I use HopShopGo instead - it's CGW rebranded with Paypal as the payment gateway, so they never have your CC details at all.

can also use paypal as payment on CGW too, thats wat i did for my last purchase.

hmm anyway, realised that cgw's shipping charges has increase compared to last yr may/june...

feist_

Reaction score

actually if you dont use CGW, you can use Borderlinx. i use them for my UK stuff now. they're quite efficient...as long as you dont request anything too difficult

i realized most positive posts by gship are by like one or two persons only.. so still waiting for more legit people to come forth with positive experiences before i commit

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can also use paypal as payment on CGW too, thats wat i did for my last purchase.

hmm anyway, realised that cgw's shipping charges has increase compared to last yr may/june...

Then you should switch to HSG, because you get 10% off for paying by PayPal there...

zodiac21

Reaction score

Been doing Amazon all along using GShipExpress. No issue with it.

kawatsu

Master Member
Reaction score
Other than VPost with buyforme service from Japan. Any other recommendations?

Need to get a pair of shoes from Japan but unable to register. I think need someone there to help me purchase.

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just chanced upon this thread and would like to seek some advise regarding my purchase...

My sis wants to buy quite a lot of pokemon figures from amazon & ebay, would it be better to have them all ship to CGW and ship all of them back to SG?

Or separate the shipments? like ship amazon order back first, thereafter ebay order?

hello guys, any advise ?

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then you should switch to HSG, because you get 10% off for paying by PayPal there...

a quick glance at hsg website, seems that their charges are da same as cgw...

CGW currently also has a on-going promo with 10% off using dbs/posb credit/debit card, until 30th sept rite ?

addicted-addiction

Reaction score

Splitting up your orders means more boxes. CGW charges round up to per 500g. all under one parcel would be better / less hassle.

a quick glance at hsg website, seems that their charges are da same as cgw...

CGW currently also has a on-going promo with 10% off using dbs/posb credit/debit card, until 30th sept rite ?

That's because HSG is CGW. just a different website but same company.

weeds

Reaction score
Just a heed up for anyone who intent to use Comgateway, if you have multiple names to ship to the same comgateway address, you need to be careful how you deal with them.

We purchase products from third party merchant, with multiple different shipping names (under our customer names), and ship to our comgateway address. Comgateway has determined that our account is compromised, I not sure how they determine compromise, perhaps they think there is some credit card fraud involve since there are different multiple shipping names.

Comgateway told me that the merchant say that our accounts are compromised, and they are returning the goods back to the merchant.

I have checked with the merchant that they did not demand any return, and my account(s) are still active with the merchant. If there is fraud involve, the account(s) should be suspended. So I am unsure if Comgateway has lied to me, taking matter in its own hand.

I email Comgateway with proof that we have purchase this products with Gift Card (using cash), and they are still not satisfied.

In this case, Comgateway is the judge, and they determine the account is compromised, because of multiple different names. We lose money in this issue, so LPPL.

I not saying comgateway is not good. Just need to be careful if you need to have multiple shipping names that need to be shipped to comgateway.

zodiac21

Reaction score
Just a heed up for anyone who intent to use Comgateway, if you have multiple names to ship to the same comgateway address, you need to be careful how you deal with them.

We purchase products from third party merchant, with multiple different shipping names (under our customer names), and ship to our comgateway address. Comgateway has determined that our account is compromised, I not sure how they determine compromise, perhaps they think there is some credit card fraud involve since there are different multiple shipping names.

Comgateway told me that the merchant say that our accounts are compromised, and they are returning the goods back to the merchant.

I have checked with the merchant that they did not demand any return, and my account(s) are still active with the merchant. If there is fraud involve, the account(s) should be suspended. So I am unsure if Comgateway has lied to me, taking matter in its own hand.

I email Comgateway with proof that we have purchase this products with Gift Card (using cash), and they are still not satisfied.

In this case, Comgateway is the judge, and they determine the account is compromised, because of multiple different names. We lose money in this issue, so LPPL.

I not saying comgateway is not good. Just need to be careful if you need to have multiple shipping names that need to be shipped to comgateway.

Weeds, in the first place why do you require multiple address?
I honestly do not see the need unless you are doing some business or others..

But based on what you comment, I think CGW is taking matters in its own hand. You may want to check if your items are indeed return to the merchant?

I think you can check on the tracking number of your goods. That should reflect the package status returning to merchant. OR demand the return tracking number from CGW to prove that they REALLY returned it .

At least you can get your REFUND from the merchant if the goods are RETURNED. If not, they are really stealing your goods.

Based on your findings, you may wish to report this to the POLICE with the evidence or approach CASE for resolve.

Just my feedback on your troubled issue.

weeds

Reaction score
Yes, we are doing business, and therefore require the parcels shipped under different names so that we can identify easily.

I have offered to send them proof that we use gift card / cash, to purchase this goods, and they are still not satisfied, and deem it as fraud. I have also offered to meet them in office or even offer my number for them to call me, they are not willingly to do so. They only can resolve this issue via email. An email to the CEO, doesn't yield any response as well.

If there is fraud involve, would I be stupid enough to send parcels to my residential address, offering them my phone number and even offer to meet in their office to resolve this issue which may lead to the relevant authority investigation?

I check with merchant, they did not demand any return, so I am unsure how Comgateway say that merchant demand the return.

Comgateway, thanks for the offer, but I am tired of dealing with comgateway again since you all are not willing to resolve this issue with me in the first place. My contact with various reps have difference response, so I am not sure which is fact or lie.

If you all have indeed returned about 20 parcels back to the merchant, I will just sort it out with the merchant directly.

Thank you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.