Sony Xperia™ M5

spoon

Reaction score
arrhh.. i was planning to go there take a look after work. who have seen the demo set?

can go to singtel , m1 or star hub.. the screen size for C5 ultra look more impressive than M5. the edge of the M5 for white color look very plastic with that type of silver (or more like chrome) finishing compare to the M4 . Like the matt silver/grey on M4 and C5

Last edited:

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
can go to singtel , m1 or star hub.. the screen size for C5 ultra look more impressive than M5. the edge of the M5 for white color look very plastic with that type of silver (or more like chrome) finishing compare to the M4 . Like the matt silver/grey on M4 and C5

C5 ultra too big liao. max i would go for is 5.2-in, min is 4.7-in. M5's 5-in is just nice. but Z5 auto focus is most impressive, but M5 front cam is more pixel than Z5.

spoon

Reaction score
C5 ultra too big liao. max i would go for is 5.2-in, min is 4.7-in. M5's 5-in is just nice. but Z5 auto focus is most impressive, but M5 front cam is more pixel than Z5.

worry is if the screen to big increases the chances to break .

Last edited:

1-wind

Reaction score

I also tried the demo set at StarHub. Agree that the silver of the white feels plastic and the shiny finish is not like the Z3+ despite the images.

I was a little disappointed with the camera because the hybrid focus does not seem as fast as advertised. The saving of the photo is also slower than my Xperia Z...

Maybe the software is not updated because the camera started to hang when using the AR modes...

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in this phone, though it will be perfect if it also comes with a fingerprint sensor as well.

After playing with the demo set, find that the camera isn't as good as what they heavily advertised. Saving photo also took quite a while. Hopefully a firmware update will fix that.

spoon

Reaction score
I also tried the demo set at StarHub. Agree that the silver of the white feels plastic and the shiny finish is not like the Z3+ despite the images.

I was a little disappointed with the camera because the hybrid focus does not seem as fast as advertised. The saving of the photo is also slower than my Xperia Z...

Maybe the software is not updated because the camera started to hang when using the AR modes...

I also kind of disappointed that the focus also not that quick as i have in mind due to the high expectation from the Sony marketing ... so after playing with the demo I have 2nd thought but will wait until "9th of Sep" to decide again .
if just to compare the look of both the C5 and M5 the latter look kind of "cheap" but maybe with some nice casing will help.
but as someone mentioned the size for C5 is too big to function as a phone but good for video.

Last edited:

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
played around with a White M5... found the silver border to be disgusting. reminds me of the Samsung chrome found in their old models... is that what the Z3+ looks like?

I watched a Hong Kong review.. seems like the strengths are the design, the decent loudspeak despite it being at the bottom.. camera seems to be surprisingly decent too. but the battery life doesn't seem good so does overheating problem.

black is boring, white is ugly for this model, so maybe wait for the gold one to come out.. heh

spoon

Reaction score
played around with a White M5... found the silver border to be disgusting. reminds me of the Samsung chrome found in their old models... is that what the Z3+ looks like?

I watched a Hong Kong review.. seems like the strengths are the design, the decent loudspeak despite it being at the bottom.. camera seems to be surprisingly decent too. but the battery life doesn't seem good so does overheating problem.

black is boring, white is ugly for this model, so maybe wait for the gold one to come out.. heh

the worst part is the cover that hide the sim and micro sd card look so much like a cheap make toy from china.

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the worst part is the cover that hide the sim and micro sd card look so much like a cheap make toy from china.

yeah the Z3 had very good ones cos they were all metal and matte.

Z3+ turned them all glossy which feels very disgusting and the gold becomes very tacky. the copper on Z3 reminds me of velvet chocolate, classy but subtle whereas the gold Z3+ looks so.. cheena

too bad they copied Z3+ looks for the M5

Jimmy38

Reaction score
there might be stocks available for BLACK and WHITE tomorrow @ some shops maybe price will be slightly cheaper.
I tried the camera I find the autofocus really sharp and nice after taking.

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score
are the sets here single or dual sim?

Read that Starhub is selling the dual sim version.

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh man, seems like quite a lot of negative post on this phone...:sad:

Last edited:

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but still hard to believe SG is taking in the Dual SIM version of this M5....

yeah, hmm i think this is da 1st dual sim model sony brought in...? both z3 & z3+ has got dual sim model but its not selling in sg.

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hmm battery life is also a concern for me...

n it has overheating problem? is it serious ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.