Sony Xperia™ M5

azarel

Master Member
Reaction score
wah hoping for someone to post a review of the m5... so far only negative reviews :(

colin27

Reaction score
Bought an M5 last night. With the exception of initial installation which became hot, the phone never gets warm compared to my previous z3+ or s6. It runs as cool as my current Note 5.

Still too early to comment on the battery life. As for camera, focusing is fast but picture quality wise, it's just alright. Just not as impressive as the galaxy or note 5 camera. Cannot expect too much since it's an upper midrange phone, imo.

There's a slight stuttering when moving around pages on screen. It's not bad lag but it's there. Wifi reception is great. I'd expect that from xperia phones especially from their upper end models.. Hahaha..

Sound quality is acceptable but not outstanding in any way. A bit teeny high but loud enough. Btw, there's a firmware update ota already.

Sent from Sony E5653 using GAGT

Last edited:

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought an M5 last night. With the exception of initial installation which became hot, the phone never gets warm compared to my previous z3+ or s6. It runs as cool as my current Note 5.

Still too early to comment on the battery life. As for camera, focusing is fast but picture quality wise, it's just alright. Just not as impressive as the galaxy or note 5 camera. Cannot expect too much since it's an upper midrange phone, imo.

There's a slight stuttering when moving around pages on screen. It's not bad lag but it's there. Wifi reception is great. I'd expect that from xperia phones especially from their upper end models.. Hahaha..

Sound quality is acceptable but not outstanding in any way. A bit teeny high but loud enough. Btw, there's a firmware update ota already.

can take a photo of green trees or leaves under sun? and will it take long to get ready for next photo shoot?

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nice... you got Black one?

Sent from Samsung SM-A800F using GAGT

colin27

Reaction score
can take a photo of green trees or leaves under sun? and will it take long to get ready for next photo shoot?
Yes, there's a slight pause for image processing before the next photo. Also, using touch to capture almost always produce better images compared to using the hard camera button (in my case anyway). I'm certainly not an avid photographer with a mobile phone. So far my photos were taken with the so called superior auto mode.

Jimmy38

Reaction score
kDSVwO4l.jpg

Tried taken by Sony Xperia M5. The autofocus mode is greatly improved and fast speed detection. I notice that before you shoot you might experience abit grainy effects hope they will solve soon after shooting the image process is much more sharper and natural to real life. Details are much more realistic.

Overall the phone might not be running on the best processor snapdragons but with the pricing given its still a good deals with Sony new camera sensors. Those who dun really wanna spent much. It is just like an Iphone 6 carnations.

Sent from Sony SGP771 using GAGT

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm da gold variant looks attractive, "kim dang dang" :s13:

now to decide between battery life n a larger screen...

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see... but wah, i cannot understand cantonese at all man...:s13:

hmm ok, 40 degrees seems ok to me, as long as not overheat until our hands cant tahan it...

From my limited understanding, he wasn't impressed with battery life and the heating. But camera was a surprise, especially in low light.. comparable to the s6 but lose out to the note 5.

He also mentioned about clear zoom but didn't understand. A lot of his 100% zooms show detail, a trail from sony's usual waterpainting effect... that's good thing :)

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my limited understanding, he wasn't impressed with battery life and the heating. But camera was a surprise, especially in low light.. comparable to the s6 but lose out to the note 5.

He also mentioned about clear zoom but didn't understand. A lot of his 100% zooms show detail, a trail from sony's usual waterpainting effect... that's good thing :)

i see, thanks for da summarize.

this phone is getting interesting...

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see, thanks for da summarize.

this phone is getting interesting...

temptation to get this phone is getting higher. I tried a demo set at Starhub shop at my home area and did this test to see how it fast it focuses.

i had the camera pan out to the shop in decent indoor lighting and randomly moved my water bottle in and out of the viewfinder.

good results. every time the water bottle comes into the viewfinder, the phone focuses straight away without delay. it's a step up from the Xperia Z3, which I've used before.

really impressed.

azarel

Master Member
Reaction score
too bad singtel do not have the dual sim version. probably the only gripe i have is that its too plasticky... but i'm looking forward to get this and replace my z3c haha :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.