Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

princejero

Reaction score
Hello Kimsim,

I'm looking to get a system 2 to replace my old sharp aircon. Ive been reading the thread and was wondering if the starmex 2015 models are out?

rooftop

Reaction score
Hello Kimsim,

I'm looking to get a system 2 to replace my old sharp aircon. Ive been reading the thread and was wondering if the starmex 2015 models are out?

Second of that. I am getting my house end of this year. Someone recommended me ME BTU 9k*3 which is nice and within my budget. But if ME going to come out some new models this year, I would hold my gun for it.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Second of that. I am getting my house end of this year. Someone recommended me ME BTU 9k*3 which is nice and within my budget. But if ME going to come out some new models this year, I would hold my gun for it.

The 1st thing new thing is not cheap, but pay cheap for electricity too, just one thing not cooling enough, but you may increase to lower temperature to suit the room cooling condition too, end out you might save a little bit too..

if you wanna grab on the old model will be better offer as well or should wait for new model after launched, then go with the old model will be saving too.. otherwise go with new with 5 ticks energy stars rating to be the saving place.

For me i would go for old model, cause it is reliable and don't have any minor issue at all, new model is away instability.

Last edited:

master_audio

Reaction score
Starmex you should never miss out, if you were searching around it thread for most ppls who ever In higher recommended on ME Starmex only.
The problem is there will be new model to be released by end of the year, this lead me to the concern of the spare parts availability.

And my second concern is on the Easy Clean function - I received feedback that the catch of the thin plate is easy broken when dismantle for cleaning, plus there is sensor in work i.e. once broken there will be trouble for the Air-con functioning and causing extra money for servicing and repairing.

So it leads me to the choice for Fujitsu, and truly appreciate to hear your opinion on this brand. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
The problem is there will be new model to be released by end of the year, this lead me to the concern of the spare parts availability.

And my second concern is on the Easy Clean function - I received feedback that the catch of the thin plate is easy broken when dismantle for cleaning, plus there is sensor in work i.e. once broken there will be trouble for the Air-con functioning and causing extra money for servicing and repairing.

So it leads me to the choice for Fujitsu, and truly appreciate to hear your opinion on this brand. Thanks in advance.

Hmm never knew that ME starmex has a issue for catch thin plate broken.

Fujitsu was slightly cheaper, to be concern there is no chance for removable and detectable drain pain for when clean out fan blower as well, you might pay higher maintenance fee to be dismantle down and chemical wash will works.
Even finger also can't slot in to clean out as often.

master_audio

Reaction score
Hmm never knew that ME starmex has a issue for catch thin plate broken.

Fujitsu was slightly cheaper, to be concern there is no chance for removable and detectable drain pain for when clean out fan blower as well, you might pay higher maintenance fee to be dismantle down and chemical wash will works.
Even finger also can't slot in to clean out as often.

Thanks for the inputs. Just another quick query - do you know which brand compressor is made in Japan? :p

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs. Just another quick query - do you know which brand compressor is made in Japan? :p

ME starmex compressor still made in japan and assembly in Thailand for packing.

But new models coming soon, not guarantee still made in japan anymore, would be fully made in Thailand to be instead of japan.

Even 4A38 still made in japan fully direct imported.
4A93E0F3-6073-43D7-95BE-537714CDF668_zpsqqyejssg.jpg

Last edited:

rooftop

Reaction score
Thanks Kim Sim for the explanation. Is there any guide or site which I can visit to learn more about Air Conditioning?

Which compressor to select and how to calculate the power usage by BTU?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks Kim Sim for the explanation. Is there any guide or site which I can visit to learn more about Air Conditioning?

Which compressor to select and how to calculate the power usage by BTU?

Hmm, like Ah Yi website had minor explaination of room to room such as BTUs.

Like 3x4m standard room size for minimum 8.5k to 10k BTU just mention on standard require only, actually like some Aircon experience they will said for 3x4m room just need 5-6k BTU should be sufficient.

Such as input watt for HDB flats standard requirement on 8.5A = 1900w, like ME Starmex 3A28, 4A28 & 4A38 from factory setting on 8.5A only, unless you adjust the current limitation to 11A or maximum input watts.

For the most higher Amp = more cooling & also faster reaching temperature from the pre-set and archived the setting.

How to knew the higher energy? But from the factory setting at 8.5A is quite save one, unless you going to adjusted the current limitation also set your the temperature keep on 20C so the Aircon will work on 11A = 2350w or Max current = 2850w also higher BTU input for most faster cooling down on wide area, such as living room.

How to know the suitable BTU?
When look for new Aircons such as system 3 don't go for smaller BTUs less than 24k.

Some Aircon brand had system 3 just 20k BTU only, you might get insufficient for turn on 3 room at same time.

So far ME Starmex inverter still don't have under power models yet.

chongpang

Reaction score
I was told by Mitsubishi only 38 has label made in Japan, 28 and 48 has no label. True?

ME starmex compressor still made in japan and assembly in Thailand for packing.

But new models coming soon, not guarantee still made in japan anymore, would be fully made in Thailand to be instead of japan.

Even 4A38 still made in japan fully direct imported.
4A93E0F3-6073-43D7-95BE-537714CDF668_zpsqqyejssg.jpg

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I was told by Mitsubishi only 38 has label made in Japan, 28 and 48 has no label. True?

Yap cause not label meant is assembly and packaged in Thailand only, to be confirm it compressor also made in Japan with mixed parts in Thailand made only.

Would be coming soon new models was fully in Thailand made at all.

Such as 2E20, 3A38 & 4A28 had plenty in most EC at punggol :D

Last edited:

kohkindachi

Reaction score
Guys I totally have no knowledge about air con. I'm renovating my BTO flat next week and will need to source for air con asap. I'm looking to have air con in all 3 rooms plus the living hall (system 4?). Can someone suggest me a brand and model? LG or Mitsubishi? My relatives also mention the need for 2 compressors. But which air con using which compressor also don't know :s

I don't need those super high end one, those average or slightly above average should be fine. Does more tick means more energy efficient (won't drive up electricity bill)?

Thanks in advance :)

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Guys I totally have no knowledge about air con. I'm renovating my BTO flat next week and will need to source for air con asap. I'm looking to have air con in all 3 rooms plus the living hall (system 4?). Can someone suggest me a brand and model? LG or Mitsubishi? My relatives also mention the need for 2 compressors. But which air con using which compressor also don't know :s

I don't need those super high end one, those average or slightly above average should be fine. Does more tick means more energy efficient (won't drive up electricity bill)?

Thanks in advance :)

For most common user may look at ME Starmex in the 1st place, 2nd go for MHI and then Daikin, follow by Panasonic.

xjchew

Reaction score
Something related to aircon... looking for aircon remote for my Sanyo aircon at home..

Aircon remote model: RCS-4PS4E-T

Saw some shops selling at >$60, any cheaper alternatives?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Something related to aircon... looking for aircon remote for my Sanyo aircon at home..

Aircon remote model: RCS-4PS4E-T

Saw some shops selling at >$60, any cheaper alternatives?

You can buy the universal remote control they is work fine too, just $8-12 only

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
thanks :) what about the model for ME? what should i go for

Just look at GE10VA for common room & master bedroom and living room for GE24VA good than enought.

The outdoor unit for system 4 at only 4A28VA, if system with 3A28VA only, otherwise 4A38VA not allow to fixed with normal 4 room BTO, if 5 room BTO would be the option too

terumo

Reaction score
To xjchew,

Some Sanyo models does not work with universal remotes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.