iPad Air 2 or iPad Pro

flyhigh777

Reaction score
was hoping for a new ipad air ....too bad...but I do not want to buy a old design at same price unless they lower it alot.

might consider the pro as it is new although it is abit big.....but will still consider to try it...if really too big and too heavy, sell it lorh atleast I give it a chance.

flyhigh777

Reaction score
I have ipad 2 and samsung note 8...the battery for Samsung is horrible....that's y was hoping to get ipad air to replace but sadly no new update.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you're looking between these 2, honestly I'd go for the Pro but you've to wait till november.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
pro is too big leh .. and definitely more expensive .. how u gonna use outside? ha.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was hoping for a new ipad air ....too bad...but I do not want to buy a old design at same price unless they lower it alot.

might consider the pro as it is new although it is abit big.....but will still consider to try it...if really too big and too heavy, sell it lorh atleast I give it a chance.

air 2 isnt an old model... ipad models releasing annually in the past does not means each model must be out for 1 yr before the next one is launched.

Alpha1995

Reaction score
It all depends on what your use is.

If you like to draw/sketch stuff. Pro should be better, since it has the technology is more suited for that. If you are going for the Pro for the sake of the keyboard, then you'd rather go for Microsoft Surface series, since they are more established in terms of design and functionality (has built in trackpad) and has other ports for hard drive/thumbdrive and have an SD slot.

iPad Air 2 if you want to do web browsing, gaming, movies, then this will be a better choice, since it is more portable and handy.

SimonLam

Reaction score
I don't think I personally getting iPad Pro... 12.9 inch too big as a tablet... unless you have business apps ready to be use on it. Play iOS games too big too.. I stick to my iPad Air 2 for mobility, browsing, gaming, reading, videos, drama, etc.

Still waiting for Surface Pro 4 - if it comes with a built-in SIM

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Apple pencil works fully with pro, but with any other tablet it serves as just a regular stylus? Correct me if I'm wrong, my assumptions.

sdchew

Reaction score
I think it will still work with normal iPads but probably like any non-active stylus.

I'm also considering very carefully the iPad Pro. To be honest, if it can do Lightroom adjustments, its a done deal for me. However, Lightroom isn't ready for it yet.

Another consideration is Apple often makes the most dramatic changes after the 1st generation product (e.g. iPhone -> iPhone 3G; iPad->iPad 2) so I'm wondering if I should loon another year and get a Macbook Pro instead.

addictzz

Reaction score
I think it will still work with normal iPads but probably like any non-active stylus.

I'm also considering very carefully the iPad Pro. To be honest, if it can do Lightroom adjustments, its a done deal for me. However, Lightroom isn't ready for it yet.

Another consideration is Apple often makes the most dramatic changes after the 1st generation product (e.g. iPhone -> iPhone 3G; iPad->iPad 2) so I'm wondering if I should loon another year and get a Macbook Pro instead.

if you are not enthusiast and more of a practical user, do not buy first generation of Apple products. They are basically 'beta' version. I had my share of experience buying first-gen apple products. Now I'd rather buy S version of iPhone and 3-4th gen of product.

sdchew

Reaction score
if you are not enthusiast and more of a practical user, do not buy first generation of Apple products. They are basically 'beta' version. I had my share of experience buying first-gen apple products. Now I'd rather buy S version of iPhone and 3-4th gen of product.

Strongly agree. However, my current iPad (1st gen iPad mini) feels kind of sad to use. Very sluggish.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.