Microsoft Surface

Twisticles

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Any idea where in Singapore I can buy new battery for the SP3 Pen?

Its the AAAA type, very uncommon :(

The tip button is work, pairs over blutooth, opens OneNote etc...but no writing once paired and the back/eraser buttons don't work. The troubleshooter on the MS website suggest battery needs replacing...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can consider the Miix 700 from Lenovo... looks good... lighter and more powerful than the Surface 3 and even the Surface 3 Pro

Twisticles

Reaction score
So after searching this thread I saw the 9v battery hack...take one apart to get six pieces of AAAA battery for the Pen.

Even watched a couple of videos on youtube showing how.

So I opened up an EverReady and an Energizer and this is what I got both times:

TSJSWu5.jpg

So still no AAAA batteries for me :(

I wonder if everyone is now making 9v batteries like this...maybe I can find a Duracell to pull apart tomorrow...

raspdeep

Reaction score
So after searching this thread I saw the 9v battery hack...take one apart to get six pieces of AAAA battery for the Pen.

Even watched a couple of videos on youtube showing how.

So I opened up an EverReady and an Energizer and this is what I got both times:

TSJSWu5.jpg

So still no AAAA batteries for me :(

I wonder if everyone is now making 9v batteries like this...maybe I can find a Duracell to pull apart tomorrow...

ya definitely from duracell from what ive read. do keep us updated if you strip one.

raspdeep

Reaction score
Free keyboard n pen for purchase of surface 3. Best deal so far?

ya but shipping and warranty can be an issue. best to buy locally if possible. Best is used local one that is in good condition and can save you some cash

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
ya but shipping and warranty can be an issue. best to buy locally if possible. Best is used local one that is in good condition and can save you some cash

u kidding me? its also a LOCAL set with warranty. buying online is so much better if u have cards that give rebates. the avenue to seek help for rma is so convenient.:s8:

sumkong

Reaction score

My friend, this promotion is from Singapore Microsoft only. Durface 3 comes with free surface pen and surface 3 keyboard cover. I checked USA Microsoft, they is no promotion at their side. Too bad no offer for extended warranty.

raspdeep

Reaction score
u kidding me? its also a LOCAL set with warranty. buying online is so much better if u have cards that give rebates. the avenue to seek help for rma is so convenient.:s8:

you need to get your facts straight :s8:. buying from microsoft store does not mean is local set. They shipped from China iirc. ive chat with them before. Besides, if local microsoft has such offer, why local stores do not honor the same?

Last edited:

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
Going by your logic, then almost all tech products sold all over the world are all China sets.

Terms & conditions:Offer valid from SGT 07:00am on 11 Sept 2015 to SGT 11:59pm on 14 Sept 2015. Offer is available while supplies last. Available in Microsoft online store in Singapore only. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or coupon codes. Not combinable with other offers. Refunds will take into account the discount. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Limit of 1 device per customer...

raspdeep

Reaction score
that is not what i meant bobby. i know buying online is cheaper but also return rma can be a hassle. why not ask ms and get a reply from them to confirm?

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
Actually, I personally prefer the option of just mailing in the set to them in the event that support is required, rather then going down to their service centre and spending time there. But then, that's just me. That's why I have no issue buying parallel import items.

raspdeep

Reaction score
thats cool.. just the opposite i prefer to go down cs centre and get more prompt service than to bounce emails back and forth

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Microsoft RMA is they'll send a courier to your house to collect and return once it's ready for collection. Alternatively, you can go down to the service centre in Kallang.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
you need to get your facts straight :s8:. buying from microsoft store does not mean is local set. They shipped from China iirc. ive chat with them before. Besides, if local microsoft has such offer, why local stores do not honor the same?

Do you even see Microsoft stores in SG? Those that sells the Surface are resellers i.e. Harvey Norman, Newstead, Challengers

raspdeep

Reaction score
thats really good service. i had lenovo laptop and thats the worst nightmare i had when it comes to cuatomer service.

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
Microsoft RMA is they'll send a courier to your house to collect and return once it's ready for collection. Alternatively, you can go down to the service centre in Kallang.

Thanks for this piece of info. Really helpful. I'll be making my purchase tomorrow.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.