The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Guy who shampoos twices daily with Avalon Organics Biotin here - I don't use a lot, maybe a dollar coin amount. Plus a conditioner every 4-5 days.

And I have frizz-free, matte and healthy looking hair. :)

Genetics I guess.

eh lobang bojio!!! where do i buy this "Genetics" you speak of? :s13::s13:

dj_flame

Reaction score
I also using Avalon Organics, scalp treatment tea tree. But like very drying leh

Sent from the mrt tunnel using GAGT
Exactly, I use the volumizing Biotin B-complex shampoo instead.

I am actually NOT a fan of minty shampoo as I feel it will have extra amounts of chemicals. In fact, not a fan of shampoos or bodywash that smell fantastic/dope/whatever - more fragrance means more chemicals and my skin usually does not take well to that.

Basically also using Johnson and Johnson ph 5.5 and Eucerin dermaclean for body and face - all my bath and beauty products are light and near scentless in general.

That's how my body works though. YMMV.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly, I use the volumizing Biotin B-complex shampoo instead.

I am actually NOT a fan of minty shampoo as I feel it will have extra amounts of chemicals. In fact, not a fan of shampoos or bodywash that smell fantastic/dope/whatever - more fragrance means more chemicals and my skin usually does not take well to that.

Basically also using Johnson and Johnson ph 5.5 and Eucerin dermaclean for body and face - all my bath and beauty products are light and near scentless in general.

That's how my body works though. YMMV.
I agree with Eucerin as was recommended by my doctor for my dry skin. Contains glycerin meant for that extra mosturising effect on skin.

Sent from the mrt tunnel using GAGT

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun really like Avalon cos abit hard to lather

complain.png

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm. you want some? haha let you test. self collect. haha

it feels paste-y but soft. yet not too soft. need to emulsify.
once in hair, won't feel the tugging but you will see the hold forming.
shine is there cause i think cause it has some petroleum.
weight wise is ok. pretty similar to gold digger.
but its soft weight, not like gold digger heavy weight.

cleansing wise, depends how much you use.
got once i over use, harder to wash out. haha
hard to explain. need to try.

i wasn't expecting anything from it when i bought it to test but it gives me results. pretty impressed.
glass jar some more. haha

finish using can use it for candles

Thats very nice of you bro! Sure, would love to try this award winning product. :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am concuring with what the others have shared, but just to add one more point, it isnt really a dry dry clay like say, 90 degrees wax dry or dynamite clay dry.

It's more of an dry but oily clay. Like how playdough feels (not as heavy of course).

The trick with Baxter is that I can't use too much, otherwise hair will just end up flopping down - hence there is the tricky issue of weight.

Overall, I still prefer dynamite clay for the lived in, no product look though. :)

Reminds me of syoss wax where i am not able to use too much too. Otherwise, flopping will result too. Probably what interests me most is to see how easy can this product be applied onto and washed off the hair. Probably these two facets are at the top of my considerations when looking at hair grooming products.

The thing about 90degs wax that i like - it is matte, dry texture clay but not abit difficult to apply. I probably find GD harder to apply as compared to 90degs even though GD is softer (creamier texture). Not all dry texture products are hard to apply, not all soft products are easy to apply.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, I bought the gold digger as recommended by you guys.

but it's the same as my Gatsby. when I apply, the fringe falls in about 30mins, no different from my Gatsby wax.

am I applying it wrong, or isit my haircut?

Sent from HTC One_M8 using GAGT

Your hair length also comes into play. Perhaps a better way to do this is to have a picture of your hair. Like what death theorist bro mentioned, gatsby should be strong enough (at least the purple or grey moving rubber do). Sometimes it does not mean that applying a lot of strong hold products will work better. It might lead to excessive weight hence pulling down the hair. So try to find the amount to use where it can hold your hair well + do not pull it down. I must also add that GD is heavy and while it does not work for you, it will work for others (who might have shorter hair length and having a better haircut done).

Another thing to note that a finishing hairspray is essential for most of us here. To me, it is something that cannot be omitted especially when in SG because the function is to hold and fix the hairstyle there in place.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any soft wax to recommend?
Gd and dynamite too hard, dun really like the oily feel of quicksand

If you've got a chance to, try out vifa molding clay. Not well marketed as the others here but it is definitely something to look at. Holding as much as 130ml in a tub, it goes a long way for people who pay attention to their looks. Accompanied with slight shine like most typical hair grooming products, probably the aspect that allows vifa to stand out would be the versatility coupled with great pliability. You can basically use this for almost any styles that you could name. At the same time, having the high hold of a clay and yet, able to be easily controlled and shaped into your desired style. Not to forget the amazing scent too. ;)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, any shampoo to recommend for itchy & oily scalp? Tend to feel itchy under the sun. And have a bit of pimples on the back of my hair which seems to be sensitive for that particular area...

Try using a detox shampoo or also known as clarifying/purifying/deep cleansing, for obvious reasons. There could be formation of acnes on the scalp due to the excessive sebum production. There can be several reasons to this, with one of the common reasons as using too much styling products. It can be inevitable to use too much of styling products and overwork the scalp, which can tend to come into contact with your scap, causing scalp reactions. One good option of deep cleansing shampoo is carbolic shampoo. Main ingredient is charcoal which can be pretty useful and do some amazing work to remove the excessive oils and impurities from the scalp, yet being gentle enough as it is an organic shampoo.

You can also consider using zahara nourish shampoo to be coupled with carbolic shampoo to achieve better results. Do bear in mind that using deep cleansing daily is not recommended and it might do more harm than good. All things should be done in moderation. Therefore using a nourish shampoo can help to moisturize the hair and keep the scalp clean. Personally speaking, i find this shampoo good for overcoming scalp related problems, particularly dry/irriated/redness in the scalp.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not a pro at this but can try tea tree shampoo.

Tea tree oil is applied tropically onto the skin to clear infections and acne is definitely one of such. So it is definitely possible to look at tea tree shampoo. But then again, it might cause stinging based on the sensitivity of your scalp. Some people might experience stinging but its of a gentle degree.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Tea tree oil is applied tropically onto the skin to clear infections and acne is definitely one of such. So it is definitely possible to look at tea tree shampoo. But then again, it might cause stinging based on the sensitivity of your scalp. Some people might experience stinging but its of a gentle degree.

AGUPtf.gif

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you've got a chance to, try out vifa molding clay. Not well marketed as the others here but it is definitely something to look at. Holding as much as 130ml in a tub, it goes a long way for people who pay attention to their looks. Accompanied with slight shine like most typical hair grooming products, probably the aspect that allows vifa to stand out would be the versatility coupled with great pliability. You can basically use this for almost any styles that you could name. At the same time, having the high hold of a clay and yet, able to be easily controlled and shaped into your desired style. Not to forget the amazing scent too. ;)

smell nice as well :s8::s8::s8:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your hair length also comes into play. Perhaps a better way to do this is to have a picture of your hair. Like what death theorist bro mentioned, gatsby should be strong enough (at least the purple or grey moving rubber do). Sometimes it does not mean that applying a lot of strong hold products will work better. It might lead to excessive weight hence pulling down the hair. So try to find the amount to use where it can hold your hair well + do not pull it down. I must also add that GD is heavy and while it does not work for you, it will work for others (who might have shorter hair length and having a better haircut done).

Another thing to note that a finishing hairspray is essential for most of us here. To me, it is something that cannot be omitted especially when in SG because the function is to hold and fix the hairstyle there in place.

to be honest, haha i find it better without hair spray.
even if i use light products. haha hair spray fixate too much leh.
then cannot touch the hair. feels very rigid and heavy.
maybe my taste changed.
my powerpoint at home rotting haha first bottle from you till today.
i think i only let my brother use but he also learning the proper way to style and omit fixating hair spray.

more natural and at least it doesn't lose hold if we were to restyle.

but to each of its own.

i have use wax/clay heavier than gold digger. haha i moved on from gold digger already. but there are hardcore gold digger lovers. haha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

use gentle shampoo lor.
or rotate.
sting only, then can clear faster.
no pain no gain
YOLO! haha :s22:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

indie brand? from japan?
130ml is a hella lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.