It is juvenile to blame the election results on New Citizens

Ultrasofty

Reaction score
Of all the retarded comments from the sore losers, is that new citizens are parachuted in to swing the votes for the PAP.

Sure, you can say that we’re like North Korea and China like how Kenneth Jeyetretnam did.

Or you can blame it on the 7th month, the SG50 celebrations or LKY’s passing.

But when people blame it on new citizens and even attempts maths on it, I think it is very retarded.

http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/your-letters-blaming-election-results-on-new-citizens-is-juvenile/

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
You are right. The maths doesn't work out. Even if every single new citizen voted for PAP, that doesn't explain the swing.

However, forums are used as a platform to let loose some steam. Don't take it so seriously.

notiboey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of all the retarded comments from the yaya papaya winners, is that new citizens are NOT parachuted in to swing the votes for the PAP.

Sure, you can say that we’re NOT like North Korea and China.

Or you can boast it has nothing to do with the 7th month, the SG50 celebrations or LKY’s passing.

But when people showcase it with maths and analogy and you still do not understand, I think it is very retarded, INDEED.

Heron_Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is the sole reason as some Opposition supporters are implying.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.