Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
I just created dash thru my comp online, didn't ask me to go down to verify. Will it be automatically link with my SCB esaver and online trading then?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just created dash thru my comp online, didn't ask me to go down to verify. Will it be automatically link with my SCB esaver and online trading then?

They are all separated accounts.
It's not exactly linked but should all be under your SCB account as a whole when you log in.
Are you able to access Dash online now? From what I have read in the forums and my own experience so far, everyone went to verify.

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
It's not exactly linked but should all be under your SCB account as a whole when you log in.
Are you able to access Dash online now? From what I have read in the forums and my own experience so far, everyone went to verify.
Yeah, I'm able to log in both on mobile and comp and show that I have $0, but it is not linked to my esaver yet.

Sent from SAR-21 using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm able to log in both on mobile and comp and show that I have $0, but it is not linked to my esaver yet.

You mean when you log in, you can't see your esaver?
How do you access your esaver online then?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. Do note this is a joint venture with Singtel which explains why everyone must go down personally to verify themselves for the account. A tad of a hassle but if one don't want to keep esaver, this is best alternative.

No need to verify if you're a SingTel customer

One do not need to go down personally for verification if he/she is either a existing SingTel or SCB customer, provided he/she submitted the documents in softcopy.

I did not go down personally for verification and my Dash account is created after I received call from SCB to confirm my particulars. I am able to access Dash via mobile and online.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
One do not need to go down personally for verification if he/she is either a existing SingTel or SCB customer, provided he/she submitted the documents in softcopy.

I did not go down personally for verification and my Dash account is created after I received call from SCB to confirm my particulars. I am able to access Dash via mobile and online.

That's rare. I was a SCB account holder before applying for Dash and they still insist that I need to go down. Can't remember if I submitted a softcopy though.

JudeBox

Reaction score
Hey people. Pardon me if this has been asked alot of times but even after reading some of the post I'm still not very sure.
So when I open the trading account, is together with the esaver right? So there's a min sum of 1k for maintaining the account?
How does opening dash account work?
After 6months, I can close the esaver and open dash account if I don't want to put 1k in the esaver?

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey people. Pardon me if this has been asked alot of times but even after reading some of the post I'm still not very sure.
So when I open the trading account, is together with the esaver right? So there's a min sum of 1k for maintaining the account?
How does opening dash account work?
After 6months, I can close the esaver and open dash account if I don't want to put 1k in the esaver?

You can close the esaver anytime you like. Likewise for opening a dash easy account

JudeBox

Reaction score
You can close the esaver anytime you like. Likewise for opening a dash easy account

Ohhh ok cool. But for dash account there's no min 1k requirements right? So can I open a dash account straight away instead of esaver? Tgt with trading

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Ohhh ok cool. But for dash account there's no min 1k requirements right? So can I open a dash account straight away instead of esaver? Tgt with trading

no min for dash. not sure if you can open it together with trading account. they'll probably try to open esaver for you.

dash you can apply online. if you're a singtel customer, even easier, no need to go down to bank to verify details.

Denierx

Reaction score
no min for dash. not sure if you can open it together with trading account. they'll probably try to open esaver for you.

dash you can apply online. if you're a singtel customer, even easier, no need to go down to bank to verify details.

I opened dash account together trading account. Didn't open esavers :)

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, SCB gets the idea that having a fall-below fee for an online savings account is silly, especially when one can just sign up for Dash for the same thing, with no fees, and even get an ATM card to use. :s22:

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
You mean when you log in, you can't see your esaver?
How do you access your esaver online then?

Sorry, I mean i log in and only see trading and esaver account, no Dash account. But i can log into dash from dash website itself. Maybe I should head down to SCB and check if I can link them.

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I mean i log in and only see trading and esaver account, no Dash account. But i can log into dash from dash website itself. Maybe I should head down to SCB and check if I can link them.

I was in the same scenario as you. What you have is a dash pay(mcash) account, NOT dash easy account.

You can only go down to Plaza Sing to open a dash easy account, given that you already have a dash pay account. No idea why their other outlet can't register a dash easy account if you have dash pay already

af7680

Reaction score
Sorry for noob question.
When i submit buying order and somehow its failed due to pricing, will scb deduct still client commision and sgx clearing fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.