Microsoft Surface

Deavenger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone keen on uag cover for surfae pro 3?

have 1 to let go

8 one zero zero 88 seven 6

tspurs

Reaction score
It will probably be a cpu refresh with newer 6th gen from intel. I hope they do not make the size bigger for SP4/S4 because the current screen size form factor is really what attracts me. To be able to reuse their accessories on newer gen will also be nice.

The SP4 should be released first and S4 later since MS released S3 just around March this year while the SP3 was released last year?

The big unknown is whether they choose to go fanless with 6th generation Core M, or keep the fan and go with 6th generation i5 and i7.

As for screen size, it is possible to take the same form factor, enlarge the screen size a bit by shrinking the bezel, and still fit into the existing docking station, which Microsoft has said will be compatible.

A good size would be 12.4 inches, which would give the SP4 the same screen length as the Ipad Pro. Microsoft can opt to go for 2700x1800 resolution, which would give the SP4 the same pixel density as the Ipad Pro.

A most ironic thing about the 3x2 aspect ratio of the SP3 (and presumably SP4) is that it is the exact aspect ratio of two Ipad 3x4 screens side by side!

Other possible useful improvements
* option for LTE
* higher maximum brightness for the screen
* windows button can either be removed or replaced by a fingerprint scanner
* an extra USB type C port
* further improvements to the type cover and pen
* auto focus for the cameras

All speculation here, of course!

raspdeep

Reaction score
If they stick to the current trend (which I think is working very well for them), SP4 will probably be 6th gen i series and leave the fanless M core cpu for S4 to keep the slim 10" form factor. I do hope they can keep the current size so the accessories can be reused

raspdeep

Reaction score
probably but really dunno until the specs has been confirmed. There is alot of speculations now tho.

mark_twain

Reaction score
Surface Pro 3

Any stores throwing out good promotion and heavy price drops to clear old stocks of Surface Pro 3? The last time I visited Funan last week, shops are still having lots of old stocks of Surface Pro 3.

With the Surface Pro 4 coming with better specs and faster processors, I think Surface Pro 3 price will plunge.... Probably better for all the stores to sell quickly before Surface Pro 4 is out!

Last edited:

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me where can I purchase tempered glass screen protector for my Surface 3?

I suck at applying the sp, else I would have bought the one sold on Microsoft's website.

Thanks...

mark_twain

Reaction score
Saw some shops in Funan selling/pasting screen protectors for tablets. Not sure if they carry any for SP3, but worth checking out.

Can anyone advise me where can I purchase tempered glass screen protector for my Surface 3?

I suck at applying the sp, else I would have bought the one sold on Microsoft's website.

Thanks...

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone of you upgrade your sp3 to win10, and using friendly version of office 2013?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.