Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Looks like I must leave Osaka around 6-7am in order to reach Arashiyama before 9?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like I must leave Osaka around 6-7am in order to reach Arashiyama before 9?

no need so long lah
it is about 30 from Osaka to Kyoto, then another 15min from Kyoto to JR Saga-Arashiyama station.
Alternatively, u can take Hankyu line from Umeda, change at Katsura to get to Arashiyama station. about 1hr total

Kiwikleen

Reaction score
no need so long lah
it is about 30 from Osaka to Kyoto, then another 15min from Kyoto to JR Saga-Arashiyama station.
Alternatively, u can take Hankyu line from Umeda, change at Katsura to get to Arashiyama station. about 1hr total

Which is the cheaper option?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha thanks! Hope I don't get overwhelmed by the koyo crowds. Avoiding kyoto during the weekend.

No choice one, if it's a nice spot, everyone would go there. Just enjoy yourself. But since its all outdoor, wont be too bad.

Last edited:

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score
depends on how many days you are staying in Osaka or Kyoto

and if you intend to take day trips around the kansai area or not.

I might consider looking at travel packages that JR train tours provide. You practically get the hotel stay thrown in at very little if you consider the price of the train ticket

Do you know if the JR Train tours would allow such arrangements;
Travel to Kyoto from Tokyo and to stay 1/2 nights in Kyoto and the return trip back to Tokyo can be at a later date in about 10 days time? I would like to take a train to Osaka in that 10 days time.

Anyone have tried this before?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's not a detour even if i do
kiyomizudera -> kodaiji -> ninen/sannenzaka??

cos if i do kiyomizudera at 7ish am, when i'm done by 9am, not all the shops at ninen/sannenzaka might be opened, so i thought of doing kodaiji second.

u have to use the steps to get to Kodaiji :(

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Travel to Kyoto from Tokyo and to stay 1/2 nights in Kyoto and the return trip back to Tokyo can be at a later date in about 10 days time? I would like to take a train to Osaka in that 10 days time.

10days is a bit impossible. Normally even flexi passes are at most duration 1 week or so. Consider taking a bus?

willerexpress.com/st/3/en/pc/buspass/
http://happytravelista.com/2014/08/travel-tips-japan-bus-pass-willer-express/

If u are bringing family then better not...........

Kiwikleen

Reaction score
Laughing at my own ambitious-ness. Did Arashiyama and Nishiki Market and so dead tired already hahahahaahaha.

Reaction score
hi, i am arriving at Kansai Airport and travelling to Shinsaibashi.

Hyperdia shows that I can take the Kansai Airport Rapid Service to reach my destination. However, I do not know which ticket should I purchase. Anyone can advise?

Thanks in advance!

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hyperdia shows that I can take the Kansai Airport Rapid Service to reach my destination. However, I do not know which ticket should I purchase. Anyone can advise?

Thanks in advance!
Juz to reach tennoji? Go ticket office and buy a normal ticket. Tell them where u are going and they will help you...

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

KIX->TENNOJI->SHINSAIBASHI Hyperdia shows 2 pricing and two kinds of line. So it means that you need to pay twice and change train one time at Tennoji.

Read this up and get yourself familiar with the Japanese railway system:
http://jprail.com/category/destinations/kansai-area/osaka-kyoto-kobe-and-nara

Last edited:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

doubt they have that kind of package... the sites are also in Japanese so it might be hard for non-japanese speaking folk :o

Donten

Reaction score
evening guys, 1 day enough to do shinsaibashi, dotonburi and namba park?

whats the optimum way to navigate this 3 places if i wanna eat dinner at dotonburi.

shinsaibashi > namba park > dotonburi?

edit: is tsurugyu(web) worth visiting? if yes, is it hard to order? do they have like sets for 2 type of deal?

Last edited:

svouss

Reaction score
need some advice -

Which will be the better JR pass to buy if staying near osaka station & going to kyoto/hiroshima/himeji/kobe for 6 nites afterwhich taking one way bullet train from osaka to tokyo on the 7th day.

tia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.