Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohkindachi

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Please advise me regarding the comparison below:

aircon%20comparision_zpsh15zngnu.png

I am installing Mitsubishi System 4 for my BTO.

I am comparing the installation since both are providing me the same aircon.

Thank you all in advance for the input.

The first installer is it All Best? :eek:
Looking at the price alone, I think the first installer is better. If you pay for extended warranty, the price will be close to the 2nd installer but you still get better quality parts from installer 1.; plus 2 trips.

Last edited:

neoexploda

Reaction score
The first installer is it All Best? :eek:
Looking at the price alone, I think the first installer is better. If you pay for extended warranty, the price will be close to the 2nd installer but you still get better quality parts from installer 1.; plus 2 trips.

Ty Kohkindachi for the advise!

starch1990

Reaction score
the compressor of my sanyo system 3 broke down.

any advice as to where i can find a 2nd hand compressor?

or would it be better to change out the system :s22:

hOp3SoT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not enought, if non inverter R22 should be the right, for inverter were high pressure should remain as 150 -/+

That is why not cold at all :D
You decreased the temp then end out you need pay more electricity only

thx! it seems to be working better after the Mitsubishi guys top up the gas pressure to abt 160+-

jasonttb

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently looking for a system 3 inverter aircon for my 4 room flat.
Is LG a good brand? Someone recommend it over Mitsubishi.

The model I'm looking at is this "LG A4UQ26GFA1 & AMNC09GDBA2 MULTI SPLIT HEALTH+ INVERTER".

Any advice is a great help. Thanks!

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently looking for a system 3 inverter aircon for my 4 room flat.
Is LG a good brand? Someone recommend it over Mitsubishi.

The model I'm looking at is this "LG A4UQ26GFA1 & AMNC09GDBA2 MULTI SPLIT HEALTH+ INVERTER".

Any advice is a great help. Thanks!

This basic model only, if wanna longer runs, will prefer u over ME or MHI, Pana and Daikin, cause Japanese brand still long lasting than Korean brand, unless is washer machine or others home appliance.

benyee90

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know nuts abt air con and still reading up. I jus been to all best at IMM and the Salesman told me there's not much difference between the newer mitsubishi with 5 ticks and the previous gen. And he recommended me to get the previous gen instead. The price difference between the 2 is 700 bucks.

My parents hse nv install aircon before so have to get the PowerPoint and compressor bracket.

He quote me 2799+400 for older model. 5 ticks is 3499+400.

The 400 is bracket 150, PowerPoint for system 3 is 250.

Any advice?
Thanks all!

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi guys, I know nuts abt air con and still reading up. I jus been to all best at IMM and the Salesman told me there's not much difference between the newer mitsubishi with 5 ticks and the previous gen. And he recommended me to get the previous gen instead. The price difference between the 2 is 700 bucks.

My parents hse nv install aircon before so have to get the PowerPoint and compressor bracket.

Any advice?
Thanks all!

New is alway good, but still not sure, Ins't cold enough or easier to spoil or parts, cause new is always got issue.

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
Old system is better for now...

Any advice?
Thanks all!

benyee90

Reaction score
Okay thanks all for advice! Lastly I have a mix feeling with all best leh. Read the reviews 50/50 some recommend some dun. Is there any outlet to recommend? Thanks again!

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Okay thanks all for advice! Lastly I have a mix feeling with all best leh. Read the reviews 50/50 some recommend some dun. Is there any outlet to recommend? Thanks again!

Anyway AllBest not as bad, my unit was installed by them, now already over a year, so far so good

ckoh24

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering could any one of you share with me Aron and Ah Boon contact numbers from Star Cool please?

Thank you

confusilious

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Basically my family (more like me and my mum) is considering on installing aircons in our close to 20 year-old flat. My parents basically bought the flat probably in 1996 and it's a 4-room type 5A HDB flat.

The measurements (in mm I guess?) on the floor plans are:
Living Room = 6750 x 4700
Main Bedroom = 3000 x 5600
Bedroom 2 = 3400 x 3500

You need Inverter Sys2 or Sys3 aircon depend on your room size.

Air-Conditioner BTU Calculation (Estimate)
Step 1:
Calculate the volume of the room
For example - 3.5m x 4m = 14 / 2 = 7

Step 2:
With the given answer (7). Match with the closest BTU capacity air-conditioner below with your answer which is between 9,000Btu.

Based on this quote, the BTU capacity of respective rooms:
Living room = 6.75 x 4.7 = 31.725 / 2 = 15.8625
Main Bedroom = 3 x 5.6 = 16.8 / 2 = 8.4
Bedroom 2 = 3.4 x 3.5 = 11.9 / 2 = 5.95

Our biggest concern is the huge increment in electricity bills after installation hence I guess our priority is set on energy efficiency. The aircon in the living room would only be occasionally used (i.e. less than 2 times a month) and the kitchen has a sliding door which can be closed to cool the living room down faster. As for the rooms, it'll be turned on more frequent in bedroom 2 than main bedroom.

We're looking at a budget $3200 with everything included (compressor brackets, powerpoints, insulation and whats not) - it's the first time we're installing so we've got nothing at all.

Very very much appreciated if anyone could give any solid recommendations or valuable insights on their aircon installation experience! :)

Last edited:

maayub15

Reaction score
I believe there is promo for panasonic brand till the end of the month. i got a system 4 (1x12k btu, 3x9k btu. All in for $3150. You can try calling this person, Suresh from Thena's @ 9175617 nine. He did it for my new flat for punggol place.

terumo

Reaction score
To confusilious,

You have to factor the bracket and power point if required as you do not have any existing aircon.

andzkwan

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm interested in the new mitsubishi starmex model that kimsim was talking about earlier but couldnt find any reviews abt it. Can u experts share some views regarding it like pros and cons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.