EDMW Knife Collectors

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any knife rehandling services for kitchen knives? I found an old handaless knife at home and I am thinking of 'reviving' it.

pic and value of the knife? I'm sure some hobbyist may try. Few in Singapore do this, but I know there's a chef that does work on wusthoff/henckel knives - ask Razorsharp for his contact. No idea on price or workmanship either.

you don't want your handle to be worth more than your knife, unless for sentimental reasons.

if you want to send it out to the US/Europe/elsewhere - many knifemakers/hobbyists do that.

elingtey

Reaction score
Hi All Experts,
Need to check anyone over here use or collect Cold Steel Ti-Lite Aluminium 6" Stiletto Folding Knife 26ACSTX ? Does it feel very solid? easy to flick? Thinking to get one once get salary next month.... lol

anvil_den

Reaction score
Hi All Experts,
Need to check anyone over here use or collect Cold Steel Ti-Lite Aluminium 6" Stiletto Folding Knife 26ACSTX ? Does it feel very solid? easy to flick? Thinking to get one once get salary next month.... lol

Looks to have quite a few good thoughts put into its design.
Pivot is dropped a little below center line.. so given the ergo and length to width ratio.. all those factors works in favor of some fast action for sure, so long as the washers are decent enough. The rest boils down to maybe a minute tune of pivot tension to get what one likes..

Sorry no real experience just my 2cents analysis here on a bored afternoon :D
The other time when I looked at it.. I thought it might be a fun steak knife for me.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
there looks to be a cold steel revival over here recently! :D

well, at least it's CTS-XHP steel (which is like a stainless D2, and that's a good thing). I never like super stabby blades personally....it just screams out for attention and the purpose for carrying begs to be questioned....

Looks like the late Phil Bogi helped to design it as well....that's a good thing too.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Got a couple of nice folders sitting in my safe collecting dust =:p so tossing it out there if anyone is interested. Asking for what I have in them (approximately that is):

For the collectors :)

- ZT801 stonewashed version. Elmax. All perfect. NIB. USD210 via paypal.
- ZT0392 limited edition stonewashed/working finish. CTS204P. All perfect. NIB. USD500 via paypal.

And some users and fixies for the users or adventurers :)

- Enzobirk folding puukko customized with a zero grind and poboy emerson style. S30V. USD300 via paypal.
- CAS sold
- Big Chris Bolo (13" blade) - a real brute for your adventures. CPM3V. USD550 via paypal.

I'll absorb the 4.5% paypal fees ;)

If you're nice and buy more than one, I'll discount further or throw in some freebies.

THanks for looking - all items are legal to own. All have delicious steel and all are razor sharp and ready for action.

image_zpsuhfvr9mn.jpg

small bump for the public holiday. If you're around the central/west areas, I'll even brave the haze conditions and deliver to you:s13:!

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
That CAS is a beauty. If it's bigger and within my budget I would have taken it off your hands.

Thanks. It's 6.1" bladelength. Budget is about 2 cold steel Laredo in 01 steel =:p I'm amenable to slight nego too ;)

BTW, you asked about SK5 - it's basically 1080 steel, it's a Japanese classification. between that an O1, I'll go for O1. 1080 is a rust magnet like O1 too, but if you oil it, it'll be ok.

Between a cold steel bowie and the Filipino chopper, I'll go for the Filipino chopper any day and twice any night. I think bowies are a little out of place for my use, I like them though but the fancier forged ones for pure collecting. I don't mind bottom guards but top guards make me feel constricted :D

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Ulu areas and dogs - better to bring a stick/trekking pole. You don't want to kill the dog do you but a longer stick will give you the reach. Maybe doggie treats might help. Or bear spray?

I have no experience with BD1.

viking

Reaction score

TheBUSTED

Reaction score
Need some advice

Hi knife experts:

Just a quick question:
Does anyone have any experiences with CKF knives? i came across the Gratch which thought was nice but im not very sure if the high price is justified.

I own reate, benchmade, zts and spydies and i was wondering does the extra cost for a CKF really translates to that much of a qualtiy difference? i mean i can easily buy two good quality production knife for one CKF knife.

Thanks in advance! :)

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi knife experts:

Just a quick question:
Does anyone have any experiences with CKF knives? i came across the Gratch which thought was nice but im not very sure if the high price is justified.

I own reate, benchmade, zts and spydies and i was wondering does the extra cost for a CKF really translates to that much of a qualtiy difference? i mean i can easily buy two good quality production knife for one CKF knife.

Some good, some not so. The Sukhoi was good. Looks like Gratch is good too. Get it - they're probably made by Reate/Adai/KevinJohn the usual suspects.

They are priced according to the same perceived market. Flippers with M390/20CV/204P steel with bearings are now all around $350-400. The only thing you want to consider carefully is the warranty and servicing.

Last edited:

TheBUSTED

Reaction score
Some good, some not so. The Sukhoi was good. Looks like Gratch is good too. Get it - they're probably made by Reate/Adai/KevinJohn the usual suspects.

They are priced according to the same perceived market. Flippers with M390/20CV/204P steel with bearings are now all around $350-400. The only thing you want to consider carefully is the warranty and servicing.

Hmmm... Thanks for the advice Vespaguy! Will probably wait till the next shot show before considering pulling the trigger (if it is still there that is)

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Thanks for the advice Vespaguy! Will probably wait till the next shot show before considering pulling the trigger (if it is still there that is)

video looks good. wait till Jan? maybe it won't be there anymore. if you liked the sukhoi, you'll like this one - the sukhoi was ultra smooth...smoother than all customs. it was like floating on lube.

get it and do a video for us.

TheBUSTED

Reaction score
video looks good. wait till Jan? maybe it won't be there anymore. if you liked the sukhoi, you'll like this one - the sukhoi was ultra smooth...smoother than all customs. it was like floating on lube.

get it and do a video for us.

HAHHA i would love to. Unfortunately as a student ive got a limited budget for knives. Getting it means i cant get a new one for the whole of next year XD so i gotta be damn sure that it is the only knife that i wanna get. I guess u gotta lose some to gain some

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
HAHHA i would love to. Unfortunately as a student ive got a limited budget for knives. Getting it means i cant get a new one for the whole of next year XD so i gotta be damn sure that it is the only knife that i wanna get. I guess u gotta lose some to gain some

my advice as always - don't spend a little here, a little there on mediocre knives. get quality over quantity. it's always difficult with limited budgets and disposable income, sometimes it's a matter of shifting funds here and there.

Hi
Thanks for your advise. I still not prefer G10 handle

aluminium handles are light but they are slippery and they feel...a little cheap, I don't know why. They're not bad, it just depends on the finish.

most importantly, buy what makes you happy and is safe.

anvil_den

Reaction score
Wow those CKF custom designs looks out of this world. Serious alien technology there.

Right at the base level before all those customizing..all are made in China though. Having said, it isn't necessarily bad. I have fondled good and bad ones from CKF.. The Sukhoi was a well tuned and designed pc. But the Elf was a dud (or at least the piece I helped a friend to tune and salvage...

Their recent M390 ones, Gratch and T90 looks good. I just wonder how is the treatment on the steel. waiting for the verdict from a few Russian friends now after they have put those knives to the test. Quite tempted to get them myself :)

But for those kind of etching/ anodizing "customizing".. there are a lot of russian craftsmen doing after market mods out there. Some are really quite outstanding.

found these on BF...

k8C_J5pV8iY.jpg

MrhePvSZAoA.jpg

Last edited:

anvil_den

Reaction score
Hi knife experts:

Just a quick question:

Was looking at Gratch and T90 too as in my last reply before I saw yours.. Frankly, hardly any knives are actually worth the value they are sold for. I will wait... if they don't sell out in 3 months time (which I am hedging that they won't)-- there will be a drop of these ~$375 knives to maybe $325?.... still not moving and none of their overseas distro are taking in more -- then maybe a $275 or even less. Resale value hasn't been high for many of their knives either-- so cna probably look out on forums for something lower than original price after awhile...

TheBUSTED

Reaction score
Was looking at Gratch and T90 too as in my last reply before I saw yours.. Frankly, hardly any knives are actually worth the value they are sold for. I will wait... if they don't sell out in 3 months time (which I am hedging that they won't)-- there will be a drop of these ~$375 knives to maybe $325?.... still not moving and none of their overseas distro are taking in more -- then maybe a $275 or even less. Resale value hasn't been high for many of their knives either-- so cna probably look out on forums for something lower than original price after awhile...

Hi anvil_den, in the end i did pull the trigger and ordered one. Will let you all know how it is :) Based on the Sukhoi 2.0, i doubt it will go so low as 325. Even the Daboia which doesnt seem that popular is only a 10 dollars discount

Rock-kun

Reaction score
Anybody knows if this Schrade model is legal to import?

http://taylorbrandsllc.com/collecti...sh-button-lock-folding-knife-drop-point-blade

Advertising video:

I like the design and the short length (2.4") is just nice for everyday use, but the fact that it looks a lot like a switchblade / flick knife / auto is cause for concern.

Technically, it's not a flick knife or switchblade because pushing the button only disengages the lock, and the other hand is still needed to pivot the blade out of the handle. Which makes it look like this knife was specially designed to comply with stricter laws in other parts of the world where one-handed opening knives are not allowed. But of course, our men in blue will still have the last say.

Any thoughts?

anvil_den

Reaction score
Hi anvil_den, in the end i did pull the trigger and ordered one. Will let you all know how it is :) Based on the Sukhoi 2.0, i doubt it will go so low as 325. Even the Daboia which doesnt seem that popular is only a 10 dollars discount

Oh yes please.. do update here on the Gratch :)
Get on their newsletter email-- time to time there's more "special dealts" there. My friend got one of the Daboia . Now its back to 230.. but at the point when he got it-- it was knocked down to I think ~170-185....a 2 wk window or so :)
But honestly that one is not worth the $$ imo...even when the price was lowered.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.