[Official] BlackBerry Priv: the Android Slider

PCI_Slot

Reaction score
At least 900 one la. You look at passport .

Anyways BlackBerry is not looking to beat iphone. They are in their own league for enterprise users.

Truee la. But I'm just sayin, maybe they should start to consider catering to a wider range of customer type? The fact that Android have been starting to develop its security (cant remember.. issit Andoid Knox or something) it's starting to show that a single phone can be used for Enterprise and Personal usage too. I'm not sure bout apple, but I sure they have something of that sort too.

I think in BB's case, wouldn't it be better to "kill two birds with one stone"?

It's not a decade ago where I believe people understand that work and play has a different phone. Now they want it in one device.

I think the boss lagi suka hahaa!! When the worker on a family event, they will still get a BBM asking about where did he save the document file the boss asked to proof read about a week ago. :p

PCI_Slot

Reaction score
Am quite interested in the Note 5 keyboard. But not yet seen in singapore. Some online reviews have been critical. Have to test personally. Likely a bit iffy, as the keys are tapping on the screen. Also no backlight

That's good you are showing some intrest in the keyboard for samsung.

But personally for me, in my honest opinion, I find it quite ugly. Well fair enough that's just the look of it. Not fair because im not judging it on it practicality. If it's true it touches the screen instead of actually connecting to the phone via microusb port to key in the keystrokes, im not so sure how responsive or 'satisfying' to actually type on the keyboard.

I still think the functionality and design of the blackberry keyboards (passport not sure haven't try, looks like it would be a pain to type with) is still the best hands down.

... which is why the venice NEEDS to be released real soon bahaha.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Truee la. But I'm just sayin, maybe they should start to consider catering to a wider range of customer type? The fact that Android have been starting to develop its security (cant remember.. issit Andoid Knox or something) it's starting to show that a single phone can be used for Enterprise and Personal usage too. I'm not sure bout apple, but I sure they have something of that sort too.

I think in BB's case, wouldn't it be better to "kill two birds with one stone"?

It's not a decade ago where I believe people understand that work and play has a different phone. Now they want it in one device.

I think the boss lagi suka hahaa!! When the worker on a family event, they will still get a BBM asking about where did he save the document file the boss asked to proof read about a week ago. :p

BlackBerry also got mah. BlackBerry Balance loh

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More leaks, this time, clearer.

http://9to5google.com/2015/09/16/ne...-venice-android-slider-phone-surface-gallery/

blackberry-venice-aa-4-840x466.jpg

blackberry-venice-aa-3.jpg

blackberry-venice-aa-5.jpg

trax06

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will only buy it if it runs android. Have been waiting for an android qwerty for the longest time

I'm with you but u do own a bb passport now. I'd like it with android so I can link up a smartwatch on it.

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a crappy name. Some how, I always think about removing the 'i' for a 'e'.

SExiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya lor....should just call it Blackberry Prime if they want to stick with P..... else just called it Blackberry S (for obvious reason).....

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good news is its not launched yet... hopefully he wakes up and change it!!!

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CEO confirmed the name. Rather sad when he tries to demo the device, he clearly does not even know how to use the phone.

It says a lot about this person. Not expecting a techie but you are suppose to know your product!

http://crackberry.com/john-chen-dis...related&utm_medium=module&utm_campaign=nextv2

Priv-By-BlackBerry.png

Well, at least you know john swears by his blackberries and probably uses them solely abs extensively in his personal and work life, or else he would have known how to work an android phone. There of course also an outside chance that he is an IOS user. :p

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, at least you know john swears by his blackberries and probably uses them solely abs extensively in his personal and work life, or else he would have known how to work an android phone. There of course also an outside chance that he is an IOS user. :p

It does not matter he likes or uses blackberry, apple or android. I know purists will hate this idea. But as a CEO, you need to know your product at your finger tips. And what more at a media event with international press and presumably, a demo... screwups can happen in demos but it should be a 'user driven error' la.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sigh maybe can see cannot touch..... cause the damn Silver PP not even here "officially".... by the time it come "officially" already obsolete...... prob the same for the Priv..... :s8:
haha, i think the main reason is Bb10 is becoming "obsolete" riao. A pity though. I think its gesture based UI is not that bad and also more variety is better for us consumers

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.