How to Open a Stock Trading account in Singapore-Updated 2015

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score
You can take back anytime lah

Just that you need to deposit $500 to have a buy limit to buy shares before 21. After 21, u no need to put anymore deposit le

then how they determine trading limit? that time i haven put $500 trading limit $40+ nia leh. now put le got 2k+

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
then how they determine trading limit? that time i haven put $500 trading limit $40+ nia leh. now put le got 2k+

Usually is 4x of what u deposit in

When u reached 21, then call your broker to get $10,000 buy limit

TheSacredSoul

Reaction score
Quick question, dad wants to sell of some of his SGX shares without a broker to save on broker fees.

Is it possible? How do I go about doing it? :o

TIA!

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I see. Thank you!

So, in order to sell shares without a broker, I should have bought the said shares without a broker ie. online trading? Am I right to say that?

Oh, I get what you mean liao.

You can buy through a broker and sell using online trading account or vice versa.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Quick question, dad wants to sell of some of his SGX shares without a broker to save on broker fees.

Is it possible? How do I go about doing it? :o

TIA!

just ask your father to login to his own brokerage account and then key in the order via the website

Thememberboi

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry to bother you guys.

Just a question to clarify:

Since i'm below 21, i can't have a SCB account yet. So i am contemplating to get the DBS Vickers Young Investor Account or OCBC's Young Investor. It seems like OCBC's one is a wiser choice. True?

kennethkwok

Reaction score
If I buy 100 fb shares at 95 and 100 Apple shares at 100 and sell 100 fb shares at 94 and 100 Apple shares at 90 at the same day what is the total commission I have to pay if I'm using climb cash upfront .
Is there commission need to be paid if I'm I making losses?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Since i'm below 21, i can't have a SCB account yet. So i am contemplating to get the DBS Vickers Young Investor Account or OCBC's Young Investor. It seems like OCBC's one is a wiser choice. True?

There's no difference except the broker that you are assigned

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If I buy 100 fb shares at 95 and 100 Apple shares at 100 and sell 100 fb shares at 94 and 100 Apple shares at 90 at the same day what is the total commission I have to pay if I'm using climb cash upfront .
Is there commission need to be paid if I'm I making losses?

Cimb cashupfront currently not available for foreign market

But u will be paying 4 commissions for 2 buy + 2 sell

Minimun $12 and 0.12% per contract (promo rate till end of Dec)

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How do they calculate commission if I'm making a lost

Assuming brokerage fee is 0.18%

Sell price x qty + ( 0.18% brokerage fee + clearing Fees of 0.0325% & SGX Access Fee of 0.0075% on the contract value and GST (on brokerage, Clearing Fees & SGX Access )

-

Buy price x qty + ( 0.18% brokerage fee + clearing Fees of 0.0325% & SGX Access Fee of 0.0075% on the contract value and GST (on brokerage, Clearing Fees & SGX Access )

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score

both need 1k deposits right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.