Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
I was in the same scenario as you. What you have is a dash pay(mcash) account, NOT dash easy account.

You can only go down to Plaza Sing to open a dash easy account, given that you already have a dash pay account. No idea why their other outlet can't register a dash easy account if you have dash pay already

Thanks ! :s13:

mSnooze

Reaction score
i need to open a scb saving/current account before i can open the equities trading account right?

what about dash savings account?

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

dividendator

Reaction score
Hello !

Thank you for all the valuable information on this topic.

I am still not sure of something. Would someone opening an ETF Trading account with SC be able to buy Vanguard's ETFs? Or just a selection of them? Or none of them?

Here is the full list of them: ... hahaha apparently I do not have enough posts to publish a link. Well the list is easy to find.

Thank you for your replies!

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello !

Thank you for all the valuable information on this topic.

I am still not sure of something. Would someone opening an ETF Trading account with SC be able to buy Vanguard's ETFs? Or just a selection of them? Or none of them?

Here is the full list of them: ... hahaha apparently I do not have enough posts to publish a link. Well the list is easy to find.

Thank you for your replies!

Yes you can buy Vanguard ETFs as long as they are listed on NYSE/LSE, though for tax purposes, the LSE ones are preferable.

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, why do I get the infinity loop of refreshing when I try to login to SCB?

I heard about this issue before but can't remember the reason.

Bumperz

Reaction score
hi guys, just started trading on scb.
if there is $3700 in my settlement account and i bought 10 lots of 3.64.
the commission and clearance fee would add up to 3,648.46.
however when checking my available purchase power, it shows 40.5946 which doesnt tally with my 3700.
may i know what is the extra fee that im paying for?
thanks!

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Got gst also.. dk levied on comm or sgx clearing.

Sent from your next door using GAGT

I did an excel spreadsheet that auto calculates the Net Amount. I am just on Personal Banking, so my fees are 0.2%. If you are on Priority Banking, your fees are 0.18%. Replace accordingly.

Gross Amt = Qty x Price
SCB Commission = ROUND(Gross Amt x 0.2%,2)
SGX Fee = ROUND(Gross Amt x 0.0325%,2)
GST = ROUND((SCB Commission + SGX Fee) x 7%,2)
Net Amt = IF(TXN="BUY",(-Gross Amt-SCB Commission-SGX Fee-GST),(Gross Amt-SCB Commission-SGX Fee-GST))

Go figure it out yourself. Learn some basic excel formulas along the way. :vijayadmin:

Last edited:

Average

Banned
Reaction score
I did an excel spreadsheet that auto calculates the Net Amount. I am just on Personal Banking, so my fees are 0.2%. If you are on Priority Banking, your fees are 0.18%. Replace accordingly.

Gross Amt = Qty x Price
SCB Commission = ROUND(Gross Amt x 0.2%,2)
SGX Fee = ROUND(Gross Amt x 0.0325%,2)
GST = ROUND((SCB Commission + SGX Fee) x 7%,2)
Net Amt = IF(TXN="BUY",(-Gross Amt-SCB Commission-SGX Fee-GST),(Gross Amt-SCB Commission-SGX Fee-GST))

Go figure it out yourself. Learn some basic excel formulas along the way. :vijayadmin:
I did figure out all the fees before but now forget liao. I tend to ignore some components in my portfolio becos i am peasant investor... those probly only make up less than ten cents per trade.

Sent from your next door using GAGT

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Guys. Dash easy account will have a separate mail with pin right? Separate from the card. I haven't receive after 7 days leh

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys. Dash easy account will have a separate mail with pin right? Separate from the card. I haven't receive after 7 days leh

Yes, PIN is always sent separately. You might wanna wait for maybe a few more days before calling them.

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, know i am slow here but here goes...

i am currently on e$saver, US trading and SIN trading accounts

to avoid the fall below fee on e$saver, i should open a dash account.

should i open the dash first, linked it to my US and SIN trading than terminate my e$saver? or there is a better way around this?

Appreciate your inputs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.