The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just received 4 pieces of lost shipment babyliss pro hair dryer.
but the packaging chui already.

i took them out. gonna offload them at $50 a piece.
4 pieces.
brand new except packaging chui. 1 week personal warranty.

pm or contact me you know where to find my number.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not really. actually if u search ar... all damn ex one. what they do is they use more effective chemicals but use MUCH less. like seriously if u search the journals where they publish some formulas... all like less than 1 percent one. esp parabens... 0.01% one. so all the anti-paraben ppl are like full of crap. at that amount, u drink also ok la...

the "cheaper" shampoos contain most of the cheapest ingredient. dihydrogen monoxide. almost 90 percent.

in contrast, morris motley cleansing oil doesnt even have water in its formula. the water in the final product comes from the water in the extracts that he adds in to his product. extracts usually come dissolved in water and glycerine.
Just realised what dihydrogen monoxide is. Knnccb kept pondering for two weeks thinking what kind of complex chemical that is sia...:s13:

Sent from another thousand lightyears away using GAGT

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Just realised what dihydrogen monoxide is. Knnccb kept pondering for two weeks thinking what kind of complex chemical that is sia...:s13:

Sent from another thousand lightyears away using GAGT

wah that one. dangerous sia....

Dhmok.gif

99heyho

Reaction score
Why nowadays so many bun users but don't even suit them.. I think to pull off a man bun.. U need sharp features especially since ur sides are really short . Otherwise look like - - -.

Btw how's golden rule barber? Any reviews here?

Last edited:

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why nowadays so many bun users but don't even suit them.. I think to pull off a man bun.. U need sharp features especially since ur sides are really short.

IMHO is because the bun is a natural progression of the undercut slickback style (a trend that's been around for a few years already by now) for guys who like their hair long. By repeatedly keeping the top crop as long as possible while keeping the sides and back shaved, u get a bun before you know it LOL

99heyho

Reaction score
But the issue is a lot of times.. These trendy 'western' hairstyles they see on the net don't suit them. I honestly feel Asian features dnt suit man bun unless they have sharp features. I've even seen ahbeng wit bun now.Whatever makes them happy. My 1c opinion anyways. Haha

IMHO is because the bun is a natural progression of the undercut slickback style (a trend that's been around for a few years already by now) for guys who like their hair long. By repeatedly keeping the top crop as long as possible while keeping the sides and back shaved, u get a bun before you know it LOL

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just a heads up. dapper was very nice to send me some samples of various pomade.
i am not a pro pomade user but i try to review of what i think.

i may give some away, those who wants to try can pm me.

i have the shear revival crystal lake, baxter hard water pomade and lockhart's matte clay.

in case you're wondering why we are not at war because i feel both of us are adults and since he apologise to me, i also apologise to him and all is good now.

less crap, more good years ahead of good hair products.

be it pomade, wax, clay or gel. it's all about looking good.

:)
One week alr, hows the review coming up?

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guy who shampoos twices daily with Avalon Organics Biotin here - I don't use a lot, maybe a dollar coin amount. Plus a conditioner every 4-5 days.

And I have frizz-free, matte and healthy looking hair. :)

Genetics I guess.
Just came across this article about biotin saying:

"Both biotin and pantothenic acid–vitamin B5—are absorbed from the intestines via the same receptors," she explained. "When taking biotin supplements, the amount of biotin in the gut far outweighs the quantity of vitamin B5, thereby leading to a relative vitamin B5 deficiency. Pantothenic acid is thought to regulate the barrier function of the surface layer on skin and can reduce acne lesions. Therefore, a deficiency of pantothenic acid—or excess of biotin—could lead to acne flares.”

In simpler terms, you could be giving yourself a deficiency of B5 by taking an excess of biotin—and that’s what’s making your skin freak out.

Dr. Jessica J. Krant, a board-certified dermatologist at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York, has heard of this happening, too. “Many reports indicate that excess ingested biotin can lead to rashes and acne breakouts,” she said. “There are no real scientific, blinded, placebo-controlled research trials to prove this, but if you start taking biotin and get worsening of your acne, the biotin may indeed be the culprit.”

Taken from: http://intothegloss.com/2015/06/effects-of-biotin/
But it says ingest la, dono if got any effect if used directly on hair...

Anyway anyone here use dog shampoo or horse shampoo? i read up a very interesting article about using horse shampoo, common one is Mane 'N Tail Shampoo, is good for humans. It acts like a clarifying shamoo i guess.

Sauce: http://www.tridentsaddlery.co.za/benefits-using-horse-shampoo-human-hair

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Just came across this article about biotin saying:

"Both biotin and pantothenic acid–vitamin B5—are absorbed from the intestines via the same receptors," she explained. "When taking biotin supplements, the amount of biotin in the gut far outweighs the quantity of vitamin B5, thereby leading to a relative vitamin B5 deficiency. Pantothenic acid is thought to regulate the barrier function of the surface layer on*skin and can reduce acne lesions. Therefore, a deficiency of pantothenic acid—or excess of biotin—could lead to acne flares.”

In simpler terms, you could be giving yourself a deficiency of B5 by taking an excess of biotin—and that’s what’s making your skin freak*out.

Dr. Jessica J. Krant, a board-certified dermatologist at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York, has heard of this happening, too. “Many reports indicate that excess ingested biotin can lead to rashes and acne breakouts,” she said. “There are no real scientific, blinded, placebo-controlled research trials to prove this, but if you start taking biotin and get worsening of your acne, the biotin may indeed be the culprit.”

Taken from: http://intothegloss.com/2015/06/effects-of-biotin/
But it says ingest la, dono if got any effect if used directly on hair...

Anyway anyone here use dog shampoo or horse shampoo? i read up a very interesting article about using horse shampoo, common one is Mane 'N Tail Shampoo, is good for humans. It acts like a clarifying shamoo i guess.

Sauce: http://www.tridentsaddlery.co.za/benefits-using-horse-shampoo-human-hair

ya, only if u eat. if u put on head got close to no effect. jus happy can alr.

in other news... i use biotin to bond DNA :s12:

smth like...

Glass-DNA-Microsphere_Tether.png

LOL:s12::s12:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.