Google Pixel C

SZQddy

Reaction score
This looks interesting:

pixel.google.com

Can't find any detailed specs yet. Have been wanting to replace my Tab 7.7 for a while but not a fan of the recent 4:3 tablets. Not sure what the display ratio is for this though. Seems a little wider than 4:3?

vivalarave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doesn't really matter as long as the PPI is high.
16:9 is not meant for mobile due to the weird aspect ratio when you are handling it on the go.

SZQddy

Reaction score
Yeah, seems to be somewhere between 4:3 (Nexus 9, S2) and 3:2 (SP3). Maybe a good compromise for productivity and watching videos (black borders should be less than on 4:3 devices).

Looks great in the photos but need to know the weight.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will be definitely getting this...wanting to replace my Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 2013 for the longest time....The Nexus 9 is also so expensive and the QC is filmsy..

if the quality build for this is akin to the Chromebook Pixel, this will be really nice.

nubitol

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
understand that pixel c is not in nexus line
then how about future update? will it get fast update like the one in nexus line?

SZQddy

Reaction score
understand that pixel c is not in nexus line
then how about future update? will it get fast update like the one in nexus line?

It's still a pure android device and is made directly by Google so it should receive fast updates. Nexus only refers to Google devices made by other manufacturers. Also, the Google event video and the Android Central article say the Pixel C will receive updates every 6 weeks!

vivalarave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pixel c is the reference device.
Of course it updates fast..

It is made by google

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
watched the live screening. Got me quite excited when i saw this. Let's see how this plans out.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android desperately needs to incorporate multi tasking or split screens natively in the next update for this type of device to take off

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android desperately needs to incorporate multi tasking or split screens natively in the next update for this type of device to take off
there's multiscreen in marshmallow alpha...probably will need to be iron out and refine more before google release it officially.

SZQddy

Reaction score
Seems like most of the initial interest has subsided :)

Holds promise but a bit too heavy and expensive for what it currently does.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like most of the initial interest has subsided :)

Holds promise but a bit too heavy and expensive for what it currently does.
i think it's because android is still not officially support multi-window yet...i will buy when it does...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.