CAR RENTAL JEJU

smartboy4

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
early this year i rented from AJ (avis) as it got the best price after topping up for full excess waiver.. comes with free GPS.
https://www.ajrentacar.co.kr/en/index.do

try comparing with kt kumho for your dates first, although i still think AJ will have a better price

frankneedit

Reaction score
hi all, those who hav experienced car rental in jeju...
-is it easy to navigate/drive around jeju without knowing how to speak korean?
-is it recommended to find a rental shop there and rent or book online ?

thank you!

Decodus00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, those who hav experienced car rental in jeju...
-is it easy to navigate/drive around jeju without knowing how to speak korean?
-is it recommended to find a rental shop there and rent or book online ?

thank you!

Airport got car rental booth, then take their free shuttle bus to their car park choose n check car.. 10mins journey , would be good to book online before hand, more discounts.

Tourist normally get AJ rental or Kumho..

AJ cheaper but Kumho got give free wifi egg..

Can rent their gps, key in the destination phone number, n will direct u to most places lol..

Jeju road pretty straightforward, certain parts maybe kinda winding ..

frankneedit

Reaction score
Airport got car rental booth, then take their free shuttle bus to their car park choose n check car.. 10mins journey , would be good to book online before hand, more discounts.

Tourist normally get AJ rental or Kumho..

AJ cheaper but Kumho got give free wifi egg..

Can rent their gps, key in the destination phone number, n will direct u to most places lol..

Jeju road pretty straightforward, certain parts maybe kinda winding ..

thanks for the info! will book online.

just asking do you guys know any good food or nice place to visit north part of jeju. probably the airport area. I saw most attractions are far south or far east area, and for my last day in jeju I dont want to travel too far off airport (im staying near airport area though).

Decodus00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

just asking do you guys know any good food or nice place to visit north part of jeju. probably the airport area. I saw most attractions are far south or far east area, and for my last day in jeju I dont want to travel too far off airport (im staying near airport area though).

well, i went to the dragon head rock, the 5 day market in jeju down town..

further abit can go to loveland n mysterious road..

alot of teddy bear, green tea n those trick eye museum. cin cai choose 1 n go can le lol...

can go eat black pork bbq - Heukdonga Jeju , 2 story restaurant, alot of ppl n famous ppl went

princejero

Reaction score

Hi just to remind u u need international driving license to rent/drive in Korea. You can apply @ AAS Singapore.
takes 20 mins to get it.

kaysee

Reaction score
http://sg.sixt.com/php/reservation

anybody tried renting car from here for Jeju before? Is it reliable? Tried finding for 2 days they quote me $100+ for 2 days only.

I tried checking AJ car rental like 99k KRW a day. so ex?!?! Is that the normal price? and then Kumho rental the website link to lotte car rent, kena bought over?! and they quoted around 99k for 1 day too. lol

Also, what's the difference between mainland rate and jeju rate? Do they refer to rate in seoul and rate in jeju? Many Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

leeguochen

Reaction score
Hi. Apart from cars. I saw there is a global taxi service woth contact number. May i ask anyone tried using it before?

crntbs

Reaction score
I've done self-driving in jeju for 4days back in 2011. Here's my experience:
1) didn't book online because I've read somewhere it's cheaper to rent from local rental company and you might get eng gps if lucky. After arriving, there was a stretch of car rental booths. I just went to the cheapest one. Unfortunately, I couldn't remembered the name. All I've remembered is it's green color and looks very local.
2) I just filled up some forms and the staffs directed me to take shuttle bus to their company actual site. Unfortunately, the staff at the actual site does not speak any eng. And my friend and I does not speak Korean. So there was a lot of body language communication.
3) to our horror, there wasn't any Eng gps available so we have to make do with Korean GPS. Gotten the staff to demo to us how to input phone number into GPS. It was pretty easy actually. Thank goodness we've grabbed a copy of Eng tourist map with the phone numbers of all the attractions and major supermarkets at the airport which we've relied very heavily on that.
4) for the next four days, I've became my driver friend's human GPS. I have to give instructions to my friend by reading from the GPS. The experience is fairly smooth except once where our hotel phone number was outdated. We've gotten a local to help us input the hotel addr into the GPS.
5) it's okay if there are some dents in the car as the roads are very narrow in city residential area because of cars parking at road side. We've bump into some other cars while navigating our way in the city area.
6) have paid ard $200 in total for the smallest car coz only 2 of us. We've only top up patrol once before returning the car in full tank.

kaysee

Reaction score
I've done self-driving in jeju for 4days back in 2011. Here's my experience

Thanks for sharing! Decided to reserve with lotte car rental, abt 100 sgd for 2 days and comes with free English GPS and insurance. Pretty reasonable right?

kaysee

Reaction score
can we reserve online or we need apply IDP first?

When reserving online they ask for the license number eh. Not sure if idp got any license number else our own sg license is our ic number. Anyway idp can last one year. I'm gg to apply now for my trip early next month

appledino

Reaction score
When reserving online they ask for the license number eh. Not sure if idp got any license number else our own sg license is our ic number. Anyway idp can last one year. I'm gg to apply now for my trip early next month

Which rental u taking?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.