Synology Wireless Router RT1900ac - Dual-band 1.9Gbps

shadowandy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aYbNaiD.jpg

Was surfing around and realised that Synology showcased a Wireless-AC router at CeBIT. Wireless specifications does not look too shabby. From one of the online pictures, it seems to suggest the Synology RT1900ac specifications as:

• Dual-band (2.4GHz & 5GHz)
  • 3x3 MIMO streams up to 1.9 Gbps
  • Beamforming
  • Quality of Service
  • Runs Synology Router Manager (SRM) which looks pretty much like the DSM on its NAS
  • Have Package Center (Audio Station, Download Station, Media Server, etc.)

WDPIB6Y.png

The SRM user interface is pretty refreshing. Looks very different from what we see from ASUS, D-Link, etc. ASUS and D-Link user interface are also going in the direction of touch-based but I think SRM took it further.

MheXWJq.png

Think the Package Center is also a pretty interesting feature. Didn’t expect OEM to allow installation of applications onto router. Typically this feature is only available for third party firmwares where you install new packages via ipkg/opkg.

More images can be found here.

The router looks interesting right? Hopefully not too expensive.

PS: Found the pictures online. Yeah, not taken by me.

shadowandy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays wireless routers already reach AC3200. Been wondering how many people actually uses/ require that speed.

For me, as long as the wireless coverage is decent, I will look more at the software functionality. Probably that is why I am using third party firmware on my ASUS RT-AC66U.

Hope this router isn't too expensive compared to current AC1900 or AC1900 class routers.

shadowandy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some sites mentioned that this router could be out in 2015 Q3 which is around July period. Wonder if it will appear in Singapore?

yodajedi01

Reaction score
Can't wait till tomorrow 06 Oct.
US$149 or TW$4599.

Well, not sure how much will cost over here.
Hopefully will be less than S$300

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Can't wait till tomorrow 06 Oct.
US$149 or TW$4599.

Well, not sure how much will cost over here.
Hopefully will be less than S$300

compared to "asus 2400-3200Mbps" models...

why are your considering this over 2400 when the price is cheaper/similar?

yodajedi01

Reaction score
compared to "asus 2400-3200Mbps" models...

why are your considering this over 2400 when the price is cheaper/similar?

I don't think I need to Asus RT-AC3200 (SRP S$429), RT-AC87U (SRP S$399).
The closest model for Asus RT-AC68U (SRP S$329)

There are only about 3 wireless devices connected to my network at any time.
I am mainly using LAN most of the time.

So the 2400-3200Mbps is overkill for me. :D
I'm currently still using the ASUS RT-N56U so far so good.
But nowadays I'm not sure why I don't have a connection (Wifi & LAN).
I power cycle both Router as well as ONT modem too.
At the same time I have the SYNOLOGY DS213J and I like their SYNOLOGY DSM UI.
It's easy to config them. That is the reason why I'm Interested Synology Wireless Router RT1900ac.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think I need to Asus RT-AC3200 (SRP S$429), RT-AC87U (SRP S$399).
The closest model for Asus RT-AC68U (SRP S$329)

There are only about 3 wireless devices connected to my network at any time.
I am mainly using LAN most of the time.

So the 2400-3200Mbps is overkill for me. :D
I'm currently still using the ASUS RT-N56U so far so good.
But nowadays I'm not sure why I don't have a connection (Wifi & LAN).
I power cycle both Router as well as ONT modem too.
At the same time I have the SYNOLOGY DS213J and I like their SYNOLOGY DSM UI.
It's easy to config them. That is the reason why I'm Interested Synology Wireless Router RT1900ac.

U can easily get asus router at carousell ag a much cheaper price than those you've stated here

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The indicative price is just south of Asus AC68U street prices (~$265 last checked).

Both being AC1900 with Asus being older here, but still popular and hot literally. Still the Synology is a slurpee choice considering how solid their DSM is. Wonder if attach a HDD can turn it into a makeshift NAS that can be used with DSFile & DSDownload :s13:

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
The indicative price is just south of Asus AC68U street prices (~$265 last checked).

Both being AC1900 with Asus being older here, but still popular and hot literally. Still the Synology is a slurpee choice considering how solid their DSM is. Wonder if attach a HDD can turn it into a makeshift NAS that can be used with DSFile & DSDownload :s13:

For ASUS you could do that :o

I believe the Synology should have no issues achieving it as well.

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For ASUS you could do that :o

I believe the Synology should have no issues achieving it as well.

Nah for Asus, lack of good apps etc. Tried usb storage behind router for my friend, will not waste that kind of time again, better off with a NAS.

Will like to see mobile apps made for Synology NAS be applicable to this router platform.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Nah for Asus, lack of good apps etc. Tried usb storage behind router for my friend, will not waste that kind of time again, better off with a NAS.

Will like to see mobile apps made for Synology NAS be applicable to this router platform.

i have connected a 64GB flash drive at the back of the router and have no issues connecting to it via ftp.

Maybe our requirements are vastly different.

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have connected a 64GB flash drive at the back of the router and have no issues connecting to it via ftp.

Maybe our requirements are vastly different.

:o Yes quite. I prefer with cloud access, download manager :s13: Asking abalone out of a $3 chicken rice you know :D

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
:o Yes quite. I prefer with cloud access, download manager :s13: Asking abalone out of a $3 chicken rice you know :D

:s13::s13::s13:

but at $300.. kinda steep. I hope they could do something about the price point considering that i've gotten my AC68u at SGD $180 (local set) only.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.