View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #8157
anvil_den

Honestly am very intrigued by the PM2, but the handle length seems off to me. Also, big blades seem to have a scare factor behind them and I don't like to have to keep explaining why i like knives to people who think they only can be used to harm others. I like the 801 too, but it'll get pretty heavy during work especially when i have my multi tool on the same side of my pants

Funnily I'm really diggin both the G10 coated and the new LW coated Manix 2.

Anyone can comment on the BD1 steel?

Looks pretty cool and the Domino is drawing me in as well. I agree that the CF looks pretty ugly though.
Both are pretty functional.. PM2 vs 801
I have a love hate affair with Spydie by now.. Most just look like cheap toy with their 2D-ish effect but many are really nice to when it comes to using instead of potato-couching to open and close a knife while doing nothing practical.

The PM2 never grew on me until I held one in my hand.. (I like bigger knives) and its a nice glove fit. Don't own one but if some comes along at reasonable price I probably will snag it as a user.

801 has more of a "knife" look. But seriously need a better looking after market clip to dress it up imo. the blade is a little bit thick for me though it has a relatively wide factory edge to compensate but for certain cutting action u are gonna find the "shoulder" of the edge gets in the way .. so it depends on your uses and application. Yea its a little meaty in the pocket... ok when holding and using though- the weight + thick blade gives a very stable firm feel to it...

Dont have experience with BD-1..

Last edited by anvil_den; 06-10-2015 at 04:44 PM..
anvil_den is offline   Reply With Quote