[OFFICIAL] Blackberry Chit-Chat Thread - Part 2

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bo jio! Whr u buy?

Anyway, that one won't get bb10 hor!

Buy 2nd hand from Taobao leh. Its a US unlocked set.

Its okay lar, i can apply BIS if need to but ultimately only need WA to work can liao.

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From Storm 2-> Bold 9780-> Q10-> Classic. Hope BlackBerry come out with a solid flagship qwerty device next year.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I called Singtel yesterday afternoon and what the CSO tell me is that there's no longer any BIS plan offered. It is still existing for the old customers who are still on that plan but if you wanna apply for it now(let's say the 1GB plan), he said its no longer available.

I want it extra on my old 12GB data plan so that I can access BB app world but he told me to get a BB Classic because don't need additional BIS and can straight use with my data plan.

myhairverypain

Reaction score
So I called Singtel yesterday afternoon and what the CSO tell me is that there's no longer any BIS plan offered. It is still existing for the old customers who are still on that plan but if you wanna apply for it now(let's say the 1GB plan), he said its no longer available.

I want it extra on my old 12GB data plan so that I can access BB app world but he told me to get a BB Classic because don't need additional BIS and can straight use with my data plan.

I think been quite a long time since they stopped offering BIS. BB10 phones just use normal data plan can le. BB App world also no need BIS. Unless your phone is pre-BB10.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think been quite a long time since they stopped offering BIS. BB10 phones just use normal data plan can le. BB App world also no need BIS. Unless your phone is pre-BB10.

Mine is a 9810. Don't wanna spend so much on a new phone. Maybe will take a look at prepaid card. The biggest problem for me is the phone size. 9810 is the max already.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xtra, seems like Torch 9810 don't need BIS leh. I connect to wifi can go into Blackberry App World. Or is it all along can? Too long never play with BB phones liao.

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will Passport SE eventually avail in Singapore officially?

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Nobody knows? Hoot the export set first loh.

Red pp came in quietly.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
Xtra, seems like Torch 9810 don't need BIS leh. I connect to wifi can go into Blackberry App World. Or is it all along can? Too long never play with BB phones liao.
Since STORM2, normal data plan/WIFI can use.
BIS only needed when you want to link to Hotmail,Gmail other Yahoomail, and BBM.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since STORM2, normal data plan/WIFI can use.
BIS only needed when you want to link to Hotmail,Gmail other Yahoomail, and BBM.

Ohh okay. I didn't know that. I thought BIS plan is always needed. :(

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

All along leh... Especially when u first start using... then after a while then............ "ERROR!" :s13:

Whatsapp also.... :s12:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All along leh... Especially when u first start using... then after a while then............ "ERROR!" :s13:

Whatsapp also.... :s12:

Knn, luckily i never purposely go apply a BB plan. WA can work can already for me.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I get it already.

As long you're on OS7 and below, you don't need BIS plan. If you upgrade to OS7.1, then BIS plan is needed. But reviews all mentioned that OS7.1 is better.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I get it already.

As long you're on OS7 and below, you don't need BIS plan. If you upgrade to OS7.1, then BIS plan is needed. But reviews all mentioned that OS7.1 is better.

Lol that's not true.

http://faq.ourberries.com

Already documented. It doesn't explain how the 9790 (os 7.1) and then the 9780 (os6) cannot access. :p

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol that's not true.

http://faq.ourberries.com

Already documented. It doesn't explain how the 9790 (os 7.1) and then the 9780 (os6) cannot access. :p

I cannot update to OS7.1 on DM or BBSAK. Tell me i need BIS plan.

Am i doing something wrong? :(

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I cannot update to OS7.1 on DM or BBSAK. Tell me i need BIS plan.

Am i doing something wrong? :(

That is correct to a certain extent. However, you can refer to the methods listed there (plus tips) to bypass that. But of course, since all is working now, then better just leave it first?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.