Synology Wireless Router RT1900ac - Dual-band 1.9Gbps

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys prefer to have add-on plug-in on the router?

Me thinks that you can get better response if you start your own thread about this :o

That aside, I am ok with it as long this means that the firmware can become more leaner and secure (i.e. when out of box just have the usual routing and WiFi functions). Let us decide what functionality our router can have (i.e. not like now where all ASUS routers have the USB port file-sharing function, which can be useful for some but just a potential security threat for others.)

I'd be interested if it can do that

I also interested (beats making your own machine just for pfSense!) but the 256MB RAM like kinda low (even though RAM not that important, I noticed that routers with this low amount of RAM usually have low CPU power too, which can make pfSense slow).

pete10pete

Reaction score
I see you can also install download station on this.. that will be nice to keep media files there for streaming to other devices.

shadowandy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice. The Synology RT1900ac comes with a attachable stand like the ASUS N66U so that it can stand upright. The two legs (that makes it stand at an angle on flat surfaces can be unscrewed too.

shadowandy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Synology RT1900ac LAN-WAN Speed ~940 Mbits/sec

My Synology RT1900ac LAN-WAN speed on iperf3 is pretty ok though. It is close to Gigabit speeds.

LAN-WAN
SwNgXz2.png

Sender: 940 Mbits/sec
Receiver: 940 Mbits/sec

WAN-LAN
WYXejHp.png

Sender: 945 Mbits/sec
Receiver: 941 Mbits/sec

My iperf3 server is a docker instance on DS1515+. Wired client is my iMac. Hope it helps.

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Synology RT1900ac LAN-WAN speed on iperf3 is pretty ok though. It is close to Gigabit speeds.

LAN-WAN
Sender: 940 Mbits/sec
Receiver: 940 Mbits/sec

WAN-LAN
Sender: 945 Mbits/sec
Receiver: 941 Mbits/sec

My iperf3 server is a docker instance on DS1515+. Wired client is my iMac. Hope it helps.

Thanks for confirming that.

safehands25

Reaction score
Anybody knows when it will be out in the shops in SLS? Looking for 1 to replace my Singtel Pace router.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.