Lumia 950XL & 950 - WP10 Flagship

joeltng

Reaction score
But Miracast has a disadvantage - apps are not working independently like Continuum right? Miracast basically mirrors the phone screen onto the external displays?

Its been reported continumm works with miracast. Not sure how it works for now. perhaps theres an option?

altca4

Reaction score
Any news for the SG launch?
More fun with 3 smartphone OS in the market imo

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no lah... you read wrongly.

December is when windows 10 mobile will begin rolling out, not when 950 and 950XL will be released.

most likely 950 and 950XL will be released before windows 10 mobile begins rolling out.

kind of like how google releases new nexus phones with the latest android version before allowing other OEMs to update their existing phones to the latest version.

melvintwj

Reaction score
Lol Singapore usually get the devices later than other countries. December isn't impossible.

souler87

Reaction score
been with android for very long, interested in L950XL pricing vs Nexus6p. Might be jumping over to WindowsM.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But latest news is that the latest build of W10M is not that good. "Degrades" over time like Android.

http://wmpoweruser.com/not-just-windows-10-mobile-build-10536-degrades-time-users/

I'm really concern about how well built W10M will be when available to the market.

Actually I can vouch for this personally. I have observed this on the last few builds. The problem is compounded if you upgrade from the previous wp10 build and not from 8.1. Looking at the current buggy state, I am not too optimistic that the version that ships with 950/950xl will be problem free. Thus is nowhere near the quality of the developers preview for the 8.1 which was very very stable

joeltng

Reaction score
Actually I can vouch for this personally. I have observed this on the last few builds. The problem is compounded if you upgrade from the previous wp10 build and not from 8.1. Looking at the current buggy state, I am not too optimistic that the version that ships with 950/950xl will be problem free. Thus is nowhere near the quality of the developers preview for the 8.1 which was very very stable

Same... I had to roll back to demin cause it made the phone (920) unusable sometimes...

Still I have utmost confidence in MS. I mean after all. on WP8.1 My 920 is proabbly as smooth as S6 in normal interactions. Openning apps might take a tad longer, but its mostly smooth transitions and crash free mostly.

bitwise

Reaction score
Any info at all that these are coming to SG? From reports, seems like MS is focusing only in markets that WP is thriving. Obviously SG is not one of those.

Would be reassuring if there's at least a pre order option.

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
Can always buy from JB City Square.

Was there last week and there is a Microsoft store with all sorts of Lumias.

Rickosw

Reaction score
Singapore have anot? This is for us leh

We have reached out to MSFT SG about the media launch for L950XL, nothing as yet ... (as of last night email) .... will inform you guys once we get the info

stay tune!

joeltng

Reaction score
Love the sample shots coming from the Lumia 950 XL prototype @jalakarhu, are they all straight from the cam, no post production?

Juha Alakarhu
‏@jalakarhu
@SmartCamClub Straight from the camera.

https://twitter.com/jalakarhu/status/655054721313611776

http://blogs.windows.com/devices/2015/10/15/camera-magic-on-microsoft-lumia-950-and-lumia-950-xl/

Holy crap

WP_20150924_09_23_31_Pro-2.jpg

Thats some image quality there...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.