MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh.. chey...
that is to be expected ...
newer chipset.. etc etc..

Sian leh. You see ah, 128 gb i5 4gb ram is 1488, the 256 gb i5 and 4gb ram one is 1938, 450 dollars for that extra 128 gb ssd and 4 gb ram??? Last time the price different between these 2 models is 200 plus nia.

joeltng

Reaction score
purely performance standpoint, i7 is faster than i5 in turbo mode, lower power consumption at base frequency and has better gpu than i5. however, price vs performance ratio is another story altogether.

This one maybe not so true. All U models only dual-core HT enabled. You get slightly faster clock and more cache. What you do get this gen is the better graphics. Not too sure about lower power consumption...

So unless people really need that Graphics, i5 is the most worth it imo lah. noit to mention the last gen i7 thermal issue...

Last edited:

raspdeep

Reaction score
This one maybe not so true. All U models only dual-core HT enabled. You get slightly faster clock and more cache. What you do get this gen is the better graphics. Not too sure about lower power consumption...

So unless people really need that Graphics, i5 is the most worth it imo lah. noit to mention the last gen i7 thermal issue...

if u hv not noticed, the sp3 i5 and i7 have also same characteristics, lower base frequency for sp3 i7 vs i5 which translate to lesser heat and power consumption. there are sp3 battery life tests that showed i7 indeed has longer battery life. the i7 should also be 10-15% faster on benchmarks.

im not saying i7 has a better price vs performance ratio over the i5 but to those that is willing to pay for the best, i7 is still the better choice.

also do note sp4 heat sink has been redesigned to dissipate heat more evenly as compared to sp3 so the thermal issues you are saying may not be true anymore. besides, there are rumours that the sp4 may be liquid cooled just like the lumia 950s but we dont know until it has been released and cracked open.

mark_twain

Reaction score
It has been "cracked" opened, and here's the internal cooling mechanism:

http://www.winbeta.org/news/secret-sauce-behind-surface-pro-4-hybrid-liquid-cooling

if u hv not noticed, the sp3 i5 and i7 have also same characteristics, lower base frequency for sp3 i7 vs i5 which translate to lesser heat and power consumption. there are sp3 battery life tests that showed i7 indeed has longer battery life. the i7 should also be 10-15% faster on benchmarks.

im not saying i7 has a better price vs performance ratio over the i5 but to those that is willing to pay for the best, i7 is still the better choice.

also do note sp4 heat sink has been redesigned to dissipate heat more evenly as compared to sp3 so the thermal issues you are saying may not be true anymore. besides, there are rumours that the sp4 may be liquid cooled just like the lumia 950s but we dont know until it has been released and cracked open.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Got to eat my last words. This popped out today. 'Special Pre-Order Price for a Limited Time only'. Prices might increase after 18 October.:s22:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got to eat my last words. This popped out today. 'Special Pre-Order Price for a Limited Time only'. Prices might increase after 18 October.:s22:

This line is rubbish. They cannot suka suka change pricing 1 la.

Munchies

Reaction score
That line from challenger right? I chat with ms they have not heard such thing. If go up i think can still buy from courts

alfseeto

Reaction score
Since cannot pre-order the i5 256gb model on Microsoft store, is it possible to do it at Challenger?

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Courts website say they got give surface pen. Is it an extra pen or included with surface pro 4?

joeltng

Reaction score
That line from challenger right? I chat with ms they have not heard such thing. If go up i think can still buy from courts

This line is rubbish. They cannot suka suka change pricing 1 la.

Its from Microsoft itself, click on any of the SP4 model.

DxGpDtq.png

raspdeep

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.