Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone try grabtaxi in thailand bangkok? any promo codes? is it efficient

i plan to go try

Maybe i try grabbike too

Last edited:

flanker27

Reaction score
i tried grabtaxi before. generally it is ok as in you put in your pickup location and destination. taxi would be at your doorsep as stated and will run on meter. you may want to show them the address of your destination to ensure they know where to go.

grab bike, have not tried as when i was in bkk, grab bike not out yet.

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried grabtaxi before. generally it is ok as in you put in your pickup location and destination. taxi would be at your doorsep as stated and will run on meter. you may want to show them the address of your destination to ensure they know where to go.

grab bike, have not tried as when i was in bkk, grab bike not out yet.

can we pay by cash?
so if we are at the airport, possible?

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tried. Feel good. And no need communicate. Search for location than click. Than guy come. Because note is in English. Usually English speaking guy than will accept your order. Plus discount code of 50thb. Don't see why not to use it. For example I was at Siam paragon. I just put a note I am standing beside Krispy Kreme. That's all

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will try more of Grabtaxi and write up at my simcardman Facebook page when I am back so all the tourist customer who buy my Thailand dtac happy tourist sim can make use of the number to register the app too. :)

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tried. Feel good. And no need communicate. Search for location than click. Than guy come. Because note is in English. Usually English speaking guy than will accept your order. Plus discount code of 50thb. Don't see why not to use it. For example I was at Siam paragon. I just put a note I am standing beside Krispy Kreme. That's all

wow really good? thinking to try at the airport
what is the additional charge? U paid by cash? So we just download the apps from google playstore?

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing your experience

bkkjoe

Reaction score
wow really good? thinking to try at the airport
what is the additional charge? U paid by cash? So we just download the apps from google playstore?

The best way to grab a taxi at the airport is to head to departure hall taxi drop off.. There would be many taxis who just drop off their passengers and most willing to pick you up. No airport surcharge and by meter. :D

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The best way to grab a taxi at the airport is to head to departure hall taxi drop off.. There would be many taxis who just drop off their passengers and most willing to pick you up. No airport surcharge and by meter. :D

no leh i encountered before, they dont want to on meter leh

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

oh, u mean instead of arrival hall, we go to departure hall ah? have u tried?

bkkjoe

Reaction score
oh, u mean instead of arrival hall, we go to departure hall ah? have u tried?

Yes departure hall taxi drop off. I do that always.. :D

Dealing with taxi refusing to on meter, ask first "meter ok"? If driver dont want to on then skip him and go to the next. Many taxis available dont need to scare. :D

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes departure hall taxi drop off. I do that always.. :D

Dealing with taxi refusing to on meter, ask first "meter ok"? If driver dont want to on then skip him and go to the next. Many taxis available dont need to scare. :D

okok thanks bro

so i go to the departure hall to get the taxi ah.. arrival hall taxi need to pay airport charge ah?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.