MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

mark_twain

Reaction score
Nope, it does not come with type cover. You need to pay another $199 for the type cover. You get to choose your preferred colour though.

New products always come with premium prices, especially for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book since all the parts are latest (Intel Skylake, new SSD, design, etc.).

For better price/performance ratio, you should be looking for a Surface Pro 3 when stocks are still available, especially with the $100-$200 discount (depending on models) or with the student discount of 10%. Very attractive to grab one now, as compared to those who bought during launch.

joeltng

Reaction score
special price leh please..
not special pre order gift..

got difference one..

Spoecial price what :p they never add on the price pof the sleeve!

Don;t blame me , blame the smart laeck who put that special price thing on the website!

But honestly, I doubt MS SG will push the price any higher. Any higher will be too ex alrdy, imo

ly1968

Reaction score
Thinking of SP3 or SP4 (Cheapest one) hmmmm hard to decide leh .....

ly1968

Reaction score
The Pro 4 6th Gen Intel Core m3 vs Pro 3 4th generation Intel Core i5-4300U CPU which one is better ?

joeltng

Reaction score
The Pro 4 6th Gen Intel Core m3 vs Pro 3 4th generation Intel Core i5-4300U CPU which one is better ?

The i5 for processing power. m3 might have better battery life but from other attempts, they perform better than atoms but only barely touch i3s. That might have change in this generation tho. But i doubt it will meet i5 standards in terms of performance.

ly1968

Reaction score
The i5 for processing power. m3 might have better battery life but from other attempts, they perform better than atoms but only barely touch i3s. That might have change in this generation tho. But i doubt it will meet i5 standards in terms of performance.

Thks for ur reply,btw any Pro 3 user here,may i know what's the batt life like,tia

raspdeep

Reaction score
about 6hrs surfing web and watching movies

ya, not really an upgrade if you are getting the m3 sp4 for performance but the other factors like thickness, battery life can be considered as nice upgrade.

Last edited:

ly1968

Reaction score

ya, not really an upgrade if you are getting the m3 sp4 for performance but the other factors like thickness, battery life can be considered as nice upgrade.

Hmmm think its still worth to pay additional $90 by getting the Pro 4 m3 .....

linuskohns

Reaction score
Confused

I am deciding between the m3-6Y30 processor (the "m3") or Core i5-6300U processor (the "i5") for my new Surface Pro 4 (the "SP4") and I decided to see what the difference is between the two.

I also decided to benchmark it against the processor for the Surface 3 (the "S3").

The results are confusing enough.

I understand that for the S3, the tablet comes with an Intel Atom x7-Z8700 (the "Atom").

When I compared the Atom against the m3, it appears that the S3 might actually be comparable to the SP4. (see http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-M3-6Y30-vs-Intel-Atom-x7-x7-Z8700)

Am I missing out something?

Further, comparing the m3 against the i5 the difference is also quite drastic (see http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-M3-6Y30-vs-Intel-6300U)

I understand that i5 is definitely better in terms of processor and I arguably don't really need an i5. But am I short changing myself by getting the m3 which on paper might appear to be no better than the Atom used in the S3?

joeltng

Reaction score

its the same thickness....at least the last i heard. Teh only thing you get is possible battery life improvements. But that is untested too

joeltng

Reaction score
I am deciding between the m3-6Y30 processor (the "m3") or Core i5-6300U processor (the "i5") for my new Surface Pro 4 (the "SP4") and I decided to see what the difference is between the two.

I also decided to benchmark it against the processor for the Surface 3 (the "S3").

The results are confusing enough.

I understand that for the S3, the tablet comes with an Intel Atom x7-Z8700 (the "Atom").

When I compared the Atom against the m3, it appears that the S3 might actually be comparable to the SP4. (see http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-M3-6Y30-vs-Intel-Atom-x7-x7-Z8700)

Am I missing out something?

Further, comparing the m3 against the i5 the difference is also quite drastic (see http://cpuboss.com/cpus/
Intel-M3-6Y30​
-vs-Intel-6300U
)

I understand that i5 is definitely better in terms of processor and I arguably don't really need an i5. But am I short changing myself by getting the m3 which on paper might appear to be no better than the Atom used in the S3?

First of all. CPU boss isn;lt a great comparison site. http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3842302
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/2651422
Heres some synthetic benchmarks.

Also you are missing a few key poitns about the S3.
1) S3 Kick stand not Fully adjustable, only 3 positions
2)S3 has a smaller screen 10.8" vs SP4 12.3"
3)S3 does not come with a pen in the price
4)S3 is Lighter than SP4
5)S3 is true fanless with no vents.
6)S3 uses /MicroUSB to charge so you can in theory use your phone charger or battery banks to charge it or give it abit more life.

Last edited:

linuskohns

Reaction score
Thanks Joel.

I am not considering getting the S3. My only concern is with the m3 processor and from what I saw on the site I cited, the processor appears to be weaker. The S3 was used as a control to compare with.

I looked at the sites you provided and it shows otherwise. I think I will trust your sources more since it doesnt make any sense for a newer processor to be lousier. This is especially so since I have been reading that the m3 is better than the Atom.

I wonder whether have you seen this link before (http://www.cnet.com/products/microsoft-surface-pro-4/)

I quote a paragraph from that site:

"Besides Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors, the same as those found in most mainstream and premium laptops and hybrids, Microsoft is adding support for Intel's Core M processors. These low-power, highly efficient chips have turned up in only a handful of lightweight premium systems, such as the 12-inch Apple MacBook and Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. In those systems, the Core M underperformed, at least compared to Intel's hype about the chip, so we'll have to wait until we can test the new version of this processor in the Surface Pro 4 to see if the Core M has improved enough."

Should I be concerned with such a review?

mark_twain

Reaction score
No lah. Surface Pro 4 is thinner. Slightly thinner, but for this type of thickness, even slight improvement in thickness is highly appreciated. SP4 is 8.45mm. SP3 is 9.1mm.

Surface Book (when detached from the keyboard) is the thinnest though, at 7.7mm. Only because it does not have the thick USB slot.

its the same thickness....at least the last i heard. Teh only thing you get is possible battery life improvements. But that is untested too

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.