[guangzhou] recommend things to eat/shop/sight-see

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to go HK and GZ. May I know where can I find wholesales toys in GZ?
Thanks in advance!

Can go to Haizhu Guangchang Metro Station (Line 2)

The whole stretch of shops abv are sellin toys

Wanling is there too

Try not to go until after mid Oct since GZ fair is happening so hotel rates are mre ex.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can go to Haizhu Guangchang Metro Station (Line 2)

The whole stretch of shops abv are sellin toys

Wanling is there too

Try not to go until after mid Oct since GZ fair is happening so hotel rates are mre ex.

my friend went before in oct, stayed at zhuhai economic before, the rate was 55sgd per nite , when gz fair comes, the rates become 110+ sgd per ntie

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my friend went before in oct, stayed at zhuhai economic before, the rate was 55sgd per nite , when gz fair comes, the rates become 110+ sgd per ntie

U know which hotel is cheaper near the Metro Station?

Tat time we stay at Bauhinia but not really cheap

Just tat there is wifi inside hotel room

XxlwAteRzlxX

Master Member
Reaction score
What telco you guys usually sign up for in Guangzhou ? Looking to get one simcard with data only will be there for a week or so

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What telco you guys usually sign up for in Guangzhou ? Looking to get one simcard with data only will be there for a week or so

At Baiyun, before you exit the customs/airport, there's a few booths. The prices are more or less the same.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys few questions as I prepare my trip in the next few days.

1) I am taking a coach from HK Airport to GZ. I know its about 4 hours and there are several coach companies at T2 of the airport. Which is the recommended one?

2) Is it a direct coach to GZ? So where will I be alighting and once I alight, it will be at the immigration? What is the immigration like? Is it a breeze thru immigration or there will be another hour of waiting time?

3) Any other things to take note is much appreciated.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Hi guys few questions as I prepare my trip in the next few days.

1) I am taking a coach from HK Airport to GZ. I know its about 4 hours and there are several coach companies at T2 of the airport. Which is the recommended one?

2) Is it a direct coach to GZ? So where will I be alighting and once I alight, it will be at the immigration? What is the immigration like? Is it a breeze thru immigration or there will be another hour of waiting time?

3) Any other things to take note is much appreciated.

If traffic and the border crossing is not too crowded, the transfer takes about 3 hours. You will be told to get all your belongings off your first coach at the border crossing which is usually Huanggang, Shenzhen. After you clear Chinese immigration, there is a second bus which will take you to Guangzhou.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
If traffic and the border crossing is not too crowded, the transfer takes about 3 hours. You will be told to get all your belongings off your first coach at the border crossing which is usually Huanggang, Shenzhen. After you clear Chinese immigration, there is a second bus which will take you to Guangzhou.

thks..meaning the bus ride plus clearing the custom if not too crowded is 3hrs? then how long more after clearing custom will we reach GZ?

Is it very complicated? Never been there.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GZ is pretty big.....it is good to check where the coach will stop at. There is metro in GZ, but avoid taking during peak hours.

Huanggang customs is less crowded than the common luohu customs. So should be quite fast.
I never tried this method before so im just guessing.

There is another more tedious way....which i tried a few times due to some unforseen circumstances.
Take the longwin bus at hkia to reach shangshui mtr.
Then buy mtr ticket take one stop to luohu....
Cross over to luohu shenzhen by foot.
Take hsr to gz east station.

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT

Last edited:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
thks..meaning the bus ride plus clearing the custom if not too crowded is 3hrs? then how long more after clearing custom will we reach GZ?

Is it very complicated? Never been there.

About 2 hours. Not complicated. You won't be the only person going that way. Follow the crowd and instructions from the coach driver. Simpler than going to JB.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is hsr at hk hunghom direct to gz east too.....again....never tried. I yaya papaya wanted to buy ticket on the day....then found the next available ticket is 4 hrs away. So llst took the tedious way.

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT

beanstalk6

Reaction score
GZ is pretty big.....it is good to check where the coach will stop at. There is metro in GZ, but avoid taking during peak hours.

Huanggang customs is less crowded than the common luohu customs. So should be quite fast.
I never tried this method before so im just guessing.

There is another more tedious way....which i tried a few times due to some unforseen circumstances.
Take the longwin bus at hkia to reach shangshui mtr.
Then buy mtr ticket take one stop to luohu....
Cross over to luohu shenzhen by foot.
Take hsr to gz east station.

True. Huanggang is usually less crowded than Luohu. I have also done your method once. It is the cheapest.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Hi bean, is the huanggang customs more ulu than luohu?
Issit connected to lokmachau mtr at the hk side?
I got crowd phobia going pass luohu.....

I won't say that it is more ulu. Simply put, Huanggang crossing is more residential than commercial. The buildings are more spaced out and one is not confronted immediately by shopping malls and hotels as is the case at Luohu. Huanggang refers to the crossing by road. Futian crossing nearby has the immediate transfer to Lok Ma Chau MTR, so going by train all the way you will not encounter Huanggang.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.