The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the way, my hair after a long day with Baxter clay:
6RkGYqNl.jpg

I don't know if i should cut my length shorter for a better texture, or just keep it this way. But i think i will have to forever shave my sides off, since like djflame, im kinda stuck with this kind of hairstyle. Go barber/salon confirm they'll tell me to shave my side too instead of growing it out, cos u know why? They'll say "weather hot, so shave the sides will be more cooling." lol...

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
so far all the "pomade" i have used. lol

I like Baxter strength and look but can be very oily after a while.
I like Blind Barber 90 look and ease of application, hardens awhile but if your hands is wet and try to touch, it may lose hold. Still very fibre like. It should be renamed as cream or wax.

but both strong as f.

still waiting for my friend to return me the Crystal Lake and Lockhart pomade before i can test.

gonna play with david elliot matte pomade this weekend.

morris motley is still at the pinnacle of all the hair products i have tried.

heard so many rave reviews of Daimon barber 4 pomade. maybe will give it a try.

my current go to products
Baxter Clay Pomade
Baxter Hard Cream
Blind Barber 90
Dynamite Clay

no $ for Morris Motley. hahaha

and most importantly, the BluMaan original. lol yet to see the market.
some will love it, some will hate it.

for me, i would say, pushing towards like. but only can decide when the actual thing is out.

Morris motley which product? The styling balm?

Last edited:

dj_flame

Reaction score
So that means you wont be keeping your sides anymore? Or u now just restarting the 'growing-it-out phase' of your sides?
bolded and underlined.

Anyways, I realized that not many Chinese guys have the genetics to get nice grown out sides.

Gonna keep trying!

dj_flame

Reaction score
I'm going for a simple comb back! Used to use normal water based pomades but my barber asked me to switch to Matte kinds cause if not will have a lot of gaps :(
You can do that with a water based pomade but in our weather it doesn't give good volume.

In fact, regular strong gel will give you better volume - caveat is that your hair becomes "crunchy"

dj_flame

Reaction score
I don't know if i should cut my length shorter for a better texture, or just keep it this way. But i think i will have to forever shave my sides off, since like djflame, im kinda stuck with this kind of hairstyle.
Not really if you style it differently.

My sides are actually cut low, and not as high as most people would go, so my longer sides can slightly flop down and cover the sides as they grow out.

15Oct2015_zpsvak5pxiw.jpg~original

Some food for thought.

whysoliddat said:
Go barber/salon confirm they'll tell me to shave my side too instead of growing it out, cos u know why? They'll say "weather hot, so shave the sides will be more cooling." lol...
Well in my case it was more my genetics working against me. Let me grow out my sides until December/January and then we shall see.

I used to rock longer sides and it was fine until I visited a different stylist for a bit since my usual one went on holiday.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone wanna get mm products? the studio is 10-15 mins drive away from where i'm staying. thinking if i should try getting my hair cut there (provided the rates are acceptable) and also get their products.

their rates siao one. jus try the products can liao

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
lol short sides is not that much more cooling leh...

we all know the real reason LOL. short sides mus go back often to trim. long one can wait long long. we always see growth as a percentage increase, human nature. 20% growth of short sides vs 20% growth on longer length.

actually the salon they all know one leh... lucky the gataomo that i went they not so stuck up about trying to scam me to go back often. they somemore jokingly say "cya in 6 mths" when i opted to grow it out

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

we all know the real reason LOL. short sides mus go back often to trim. long one can wait long long. we always see growth as a percentage increase, human nature. 20% growth of short sides vs 20% growth on longer length.

actually the salon they all know one leh... lucky the gataomo that i went they not so stuck up about trying to scam me to go back often. they somemore jokingly say "cya in 6 mths" when i opted to grow it out

i like mine sides short. but if wanna play with top knot, must really leave it out.
and reservist coming so no choice. cut ah cut

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i wan go gataomo with u leh

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ya lor that's why they always say come back 2 weeks time to trim again. Make more money lor

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.