Those who got terrapins please come in..

MorningOwl

Master Member
Reaction score
My terrapin is about the size of a normal plate. 10 years old Plus liao. Normally how much water u all put in the container? Alot till the terrapin can swim around? Or just a little bit of water?

RelaxMaster

Reaction score
otter-bishan-terrapin-02.gif

otter-bishan-terrapin-03.gif

MorningOwl

Master Member
Reaction score
So they need lots of water to swim? Just bought a very big container for my terrapin. Should I buy some big stones so he can stay out of water when he feel like doing so?

shinkuaku

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you know they can feel it when you touch their shells?

The miracles of life. :)

onegoal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is 9years old. I put it in a tank 2ft x 3.5ft. Water about 4inch deep. Middle got a big rock for him to climb up if he likes. In the tank I keep those $2 goldfish or guppies. I lazy to feed. Set a auto feeder. Food is terrapin pallets mix with smash Maggie mee. Fish is part of terrapin's food. Every 2months I buy new fish.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

MorningOwl

Master Member
Reaction score
If I buy 2 more small terrapins to accompany my Big terrapins. Do you guys think the big terrapins will bite or eat the small terrapins?

iammole

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
abt 1cm water is enuff. too much then u need to put stones for it to climb up.

btw, terrapins eats their own poo....

MorningOwl

Master Member
Reaction score
So actually water level is not important? Because I read that terrapins love to swim and they are good swimmers.

My container is about 60cm by 120cm. So just put stones let it climb up. Water 1cm really enough ma?

tidess

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends on how big your tank/container is? usually they dun swim 1 thou..just abit of water incase its hot den they will go in n float

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.