MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For challenger collection starts from 19 Nov means it can be later...do you guys think it could be like 2 to 3 weeks later? Am travelling on 8 Dec and partly getting this to take it along otherwise would have to buy extra sd cards.

Edit:just pre-ordered at Challenger parkway i5 8gb 256gb

Last edited:

joeltng

Reaction score
No lah. Surface Pro 4 is thinner. Slightly thinner, but for this type of thickness, even slight improvement in thickness is highly appreciated. SP4 is 8.45mm. SP3 is 9.1mm.

Surface Book (when detached from the keyboard) is the thinnest though, at 7.7mm. Only because it does not have the thick USB slot.

Oh lol I thought he meant the Core M version compared to the i5/i7 Ver, my bad.

YEa surface book clipboard/tablet also only up to 3 hours of on time only :p

Thanks Joel.

I am not considering getting the S3. My only concern is with the m3 processor and from what I saw on the site I cited, the processor appears to be weaker. The S3 was used as a control to compare with.

I looked at the sites you provided and it shows otherwise. I think I will trust your sources more since it doesnt make any sense for a newer processor to be lousier. This is especially so since I have been reading that the m3 is better than the Atom.

I wonder whether have you seen this link before (http://www.cnet.com/products/microsoft-surface-pro-4/)

I quote a paragraph from that site:

"Besides Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors, the same as those found in most mainstream and premium laptops and hybrids, Microsoft is adding support for Intel's Core M processors. These low-power, highly efficient chips have turned up in only a handful of lightweight premium systems, such as the 12-inch Apple MacBook and Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. In those systems, the Core M underperformed, at least compared to Intel's hype about the chip, so we'll have to wait until we can test the new version of this processor in the Surface Pro 4 to see if the Core M has improved enough."

Should I be concerned with such a review?

Firstly, I have to agree, the first gen Core M were pretty bad. But can be due to issues like insufficient cooling (macbook) and other stuff. Furthermore this is a newer generation, so things might change.

But frankly you shouldn't worry too much about it, especially if you're a light user. I had a Asus T100 running an Atom chip and i can say that its very usable. You just have to keep expectations in check with regards to the specs you have. But chrome (not like 30/20+ tabs) and simple word/office processing should be fine. Complex Excel Might be an issue. The Atom chips have come a long way in being usable imo.

tspurs

Reaction score
Core M3-6Y30 is meant to replace the Core M-5Y10 and Core M-5Y31. It can't be slower than the older chips, can it?

Core M-5Y10 was used in the Asus T300 Chi 2-in-1 and the UX305 entry level ultrabook.

Core M-5Y71 was used in the 12 inch Macbook.

I am sure there are benchmark comparisons between the older Core M processors against the X7-8700 to show that Core M is much faster.

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
I'm using Surface 3 now and can say that it's performing ok for my usage pattern which is Office365 must of the time as chrome. Only time when I'm experiencing lag is when I have my budget software (ynab) opened which shows lag in scrolling. But then, I had 7 months worth of entries in the database, maybe that's a signal to tell me tinge to clean up my database.

Aicirt

Reaction score
I'm more keen with the surface book but even now still no status. Cox honestly that high performance you that allows me to run some heavy video editing and at the same time can detach is just wow :)

Btw I'm selling off my surface pro 3 i7/ 512gb if anyone is interested. Pm me.

Last edited:

raspdeep

Reaction score
5y10 performance is slightly slower than i3 4th gen
5y71 performance is slightly faster than i5 4th gen

i'd imagine the m3 to be on par or better than the i3 4th gen or slightly slower than the i3 skylake and m5 to be on par or better than the i5 4th gen and slightly slower than the i5 skylake. same goes to m7

Last edited:

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
New promo.. Surface Pro 4 + free Surface sleeve offer - terms & conditions: Offer valid from SGT 12:00am on 19 October 2015 to SGT 11:59pm on 11 December 2015. Free gift offer is available to first 1,000 pre-orders only. Available in Microsoft Online Store in Singapore only.

I believe the student pricing should be up soon:D

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
New promo.. Surface Pro 4 + free Surface sleeve offer - terms & conditions: Offer valid from SGT 12:00am on 19 October 2015 to SGT 11:59pm on 11 December 2015. Free gift offer is available to first 1,000 pre-orders only. Available in Microsoft Online Store in Singapore only.

I believe the student pricing should be up soon:D

sleeve? thats just a normal casing right?
its the not the keyboard right?

burping_boy

Reaction score
Challenger up price lol

Not just Challenger Up Price, Harvey Norman also up price le.

Courts still promo price but no more action camera and soccer match tickets.

Should have settled it over the weekend when i had the urge, now even less incentive to pre-order.

i guess i will wait until next IT show le...

gunners007

Reaction score
Wow I order $2678, now the price is $2799. Meaning the price is really pre-order price, and after the pre-order period over, MS really adjusted the price upward.

gunners007

Reaction score
With $2799, with student discount of $280, the device will cost $2519. The saving not that much compare to the pre-order price if got student discount.

Munchies

Reaction score
Not very smart move considering the slump in laptop sales. Gonna buy my set on my next conference trip.

burping_boy

Reaction score
With $2799, with student discount of $280, the device will cost $2519. The saving not that much compare to the pre-order price if got student discount.

firstly, not all of us are students...

secondly, student discount announced le meh?

well limiting the pre-order prices it to just 1 weekend and adjusting upwards now when there's still 1 month to go is a stupid move imho, cos people will be disincentived to make any orders from now till 19 November 2015, and more incentived to just wait and see if there may be more bundles or offers by other players later on like Best Denki or Gain City, who were not in this round's pre order.

and i think most people are also waiting for competitors to come up with alternatives to surface pro 4, tablets with keyboard docks/cover that runs on i5 i7, which should come soon, with hopefully more usb ports, usb C, full size sd and more configurations.

while the surface pen is an interesting proposition, most other brands also has their own stylus. As much as the staffpad demo is super amazing, it is just a program that can be installed on any other Windows tablet and works just as well with any other stylus.

i shall just wait till next PC show which should be in late November / early December based on past year schedules.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.