NSMEN ORNS Cycle - Activities that Count

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It really depend on your unit to allow you to step down & MR.

Do you know Diver step down after 5 ICTs while some Commando step down after 6 ICTs?

Some NS units are manage by NSmen which they just arrange all NSmen in their unit to step down without checking each NSman if they meet the requirement.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have 2 HK ICTs in 1 WY14/15, it still count as 1 HK ICT. So NSmen will try to defer one of them however it depend on your unit if they want to have a MUP for you. Even if the MUP happen on WY15/16, it still consider ICT for WY14/15 & not WY15/16. But again, it depend on how your unit look at this case to consider if MUP happen on WY15/16 should count for WY14/15 or WY15/16.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So it seems that the trend is minimum 7 high keys and 10 years.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Use medal as a marker u should receive the national service medal on the last hk

Must we spend the credits before receiving the medal, or there is still some time to spend the credits? :o

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You will only officially MR on 1st Apr so your record will be on ns.sg till then. I also used up most of my credits before that.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must we spend the credits before receiving the medal, or there is still some time to spend the credits? :o
You should receive a letter telling you when is your MR ceremony. If I were you I'd wipe out my credits the minute I get the letter.

Its a matter of time before SAF gets clever and realises NSmen who are going to MR are stocking up on PT shoes and stuff and when they do, I'm sure they will close your account.

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowaday want to stock up also hard liao, most if not all credit items had a limit to how many you can buy per year.

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowaday want to stock up also hard liao, most if not all credit items had a limit to how many you can buy per year.

ya lor, especially the good stuff like sandles and shoes are like 1 pair a year kind. no point store credits, need to use just buy liao.

minamikaze

Reaction score
Even if they call you back twice in same work year, you can reject meh? The way some of the guys put it, it's as though we have a choice...?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Even if they call you back twice in same work year, you can reject meh? The way some of the guys put it, it's as though we have a choice...?
Officially is no choice, but u can always go on mc and they can outpro u. :o

minamikaze

Reaction score
Officially is no choice, but u can always go on mc and they can outpro u. :o

Still got to spend own money to see doc... and if only get ~2 day MC, might not be enough to "skip" the HK ICT. Doesn't look like a viable option...

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Still got to spend own money to see doc... and if only get ~2 day MC, might not be enough to "skip" the HK ICT. Doesn't look like a viable option...

For those people that have medical coverage by their company, I suppose.

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
Meaning your unit has discretion to out pro u early if the mc eats too much into your ict period...hk kena cut to become LK due to duration cut

And if viable they call u bck for MUT during same work year

Desmond:

Reaction score
My unit the NS liaison guy say IPPT counted as ORNS leh (provided pass. If not pass need clear RT to considered clearing ORNS). Has it changed?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.