MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

burping_boy

Reaction score
256gb i5 up 60 bucks. Means pay 60 bucks for the sleeve?

Sent from HTC One_M8 using GAGT

it means pay 60 for nothing, or for less things... cos the pre-order prices before the price increase already has this free gift sleeve, PLUS retailer's own free gift like:
Challenger has 1tb hdd;
Courts has action camera & soccer match tickets

Now paying higher prices means paying more for less stuff, so if you pre-order from now onwards, it is stupid... might as well just wait until it is released and see if got other bundles anot...

Last edited:

gunners007

Reaction score
For those order i5 models from Challenger, I think the collection is on 26 Oct, same time as US. My friend pre-order at Challenger for i5 model, and was told that can collect on 19 Oct.

Not sure if it true or not.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Challenger up price lol

I don't understand this price increase...is it because pre-orders drying up?

For those order i5 models from Challenger, I think the collection is on 26 Oct, same time as US. My friend pre-order at Challenger for i5 model, and was told that can collect on 19 Oct.

Not sure if it true or not.

Your friend mixed up 19 Oct with Nov is it....

Munchies

Reaction score
I don't understand this price increase...is it because pre-orders drying up?

Don't quite get it also, I think its a local ms branch decision. Asked the cso on the canadian site cos intending to get mine from there, they're keeping prices. No boutique, zero local marketing and then raise prices even before its out. I see a local flop in the works. :s22:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't quite get it also, I think its a local ms branch decision. Asked the cso on the canadian site cos intending to get mine from there, they're keeping prices. No boutique, zero local marketing and then raise prices even before its out. I see a local flop in the works. :s22:

Lol. Test consumer reaction and reward early adopters ma.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not..

It was clearly stated as special pre order price already and it is valid till 18 Oct..
I mentioned this in previous posts but other bros said MS will not raise the price..

Really unexpected as I had believed that MS would follow international pricing. Can turn alot of users off. The pre order pricing is already overpriced and now they want chut this pattern again. Zzz

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
oh well......here is to student pricing or more compelling deals during the last pc show this year.

i just feel bad for those that really needed it and then kena boomz by the price increase

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh well......here is to student pricing or more compelling deals during the last pc show this year.

i just feel bad for those that really needed it and then kena boomz by the price increase

Now I'm having reservations as to whether I should buy this or get ipad pro.

Munchies

Reaction score
Probably once it's out can comgateway it to sg. I think it might be cheaper plus can get earlier than nov 19.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really unexpected as I had believed that MS would follow international pricing. Can turn alot of users off. The pre order pricing is already overpriced and now they want chut this pattern again. Zzz

Yah really gotbetrayed....:)

burping_boy

Reaction score
Now I'm having reservations as to whether I should buy this or get ipad pro.

if you have this qn, u dunno what u wan... totally different league...

iPad runs on ios, so it is just a very highly speced and over priced iPad with an overpriced stylus. dun expect full office or multimedia functionality with ios which only run apps, not programs... a surface pro 4 runs a fullfledged windows 10, which can run full pc games, full ms office, the full Photoshop or other multimedia editor experience...

if u just wan an overpriced oversized iphone, save your money now n get the iPad pro...

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you have this qn, u dunno what u wan... totally different league...

iPad runs on ios, so it is just a very highly speced and over priced iPad with an overpriced stylus. dun expect full office or multimedia functionality with ios which only run apps, not programs... a surface pro 4 runs a fullfledged windows 10, which can run full pc games, full ms office, the full Photoshop or other multimedia editor experience...

if u just wan an overpriced oversized iphone, save your money now n get the iPad pro...

Actually I'm a student. I think I will get surface pro 4 ba haiz.

finalforce

Reaction score
Probably once it's out can comgateway it to sg. I think it might be cheaper plus can get earlier than nov 19.

I don't see how..

Take for example the i5 256GB model. USD$1,439.10 is SGD$1995.95 (Google), while SG store now is SGD$1999

Take into account CGW shipping, at least 20USD and 7% GST, I don't see how it will be cheaper. Not forgetting you have to use converter for the charger..

BTW, MS USA store also has *special price*
$1,439.10
(was $1,599.00) save $159.90
but not specified when it ends..

Munchies

Reaction score
let me try to do my own calculation.

the i5/256GB/8GB is US$ 1299, with education discount is US$1169.1, S$1621.68 (Google). MS SG is S$1999.

You can use ebates or befrugal for an average cash back of 5% to offset the GST slightly and you pay about S$50 for shipping. I would say still cheaper and you can still throw in the type cover, maybe slightly over $2k.

Disclaimer: Just rough calculation done in wee hours

finalforce

Reaction score
My bad, got the initial pricing wrong.

If you're using the educational, Ms sg is also expected to give this.. So 1.8k.

Anyway I feel that it's not worth the trouble of saving a bit of money and worrying about damaged packages and international warranty. And if you haven't already done the preorder, you probably will have to wait till November too.

For me, I'm just gonna wait since 19 Nov is during my exams I won't even have time to meddle with it.

Sent from HTC One_M8 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.