MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually why u guys getting it?..for me my ipad2 is starting to fall apart and my acer laptop is old...so just nice get a 2in1.

wwng16

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually why u guys getting it?..for me my ipad2 is starting to fall apart and my acer laptop is old...so just nice get a 2in1.

Same lol...but lucky my ipad 2 is ok only abit lag...my laptop uplorry..

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Getting it so I can pass my sp3 to my bro, he using my sp1. I got 1 sp3 and 2 sp1, sold away my rt. Never used oem laptops ever since sp1 days. But can't decide to go sp4 or more power GPU but heavier sb. Now I got more sp lying around at home, jialat alr, no one wanna buy sp1 also haha

Sent from mobile using GAGT

Reaction score
Yeah! Not just the unboxing but suddenly all the reviews for Surface Pro 4 is out across various technology websites. Wondering if Microsoft set a date for the release of such review.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah! Not just the unboxing but suddenly all the reviews for Surface Pro 4 is out across various technology websites. Wondering if Microsoft set a date for the release of such review.

Yes, most of the reviewers said they had the set for past 2 or so weeks, but there was a curfew imposed.

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
was thinking of getting the surface pro 4 + type cover, which will be around 2.2k SGD.

the same spec surface book is about 1.7k USD or 2.3k SGD when using the current conversion rates..

Seems like the surface book might be a better choice for users looking for a dedicated keyboard

gunners007

Reaction score
was thinking of getting the surface pro 4 + type cover, which will be around 2.2k SGD.

the same spec surface book is about 1.7k USD or 2.3k SGD when using the current conversion rates..

Seems like the surface book might be a better choice for users looking for a dedicated keyboard

The pro 4 + type cover that u quoted 2.2k SGD, should be i7, 256g SSD and 8g RAM.

If you will to get a similiar specification for Surface Book, it cost USD$2099, almost close to SGD$3k

There is a close to $700 price difference.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ppl usually think of Book > Pro 4 but I look for portability so I see it the other way. And Pro 4 has longer battery for tablet use.

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Ppl usually think of Book > Pro 4 but I look for portability so I see it the other way. And Pro 4 has longer battery for tablet use.
If you want insane battery life, surface book sure better with the extra battery meaning extra weight also. Anyway I think the sp4 battery life is alr beyond my regular on-the-move usage. I bring sp3 to school with battery saver - Edge browsing once in awhile and office and PDF editing from 9 to 2.30 non stop still got 60% left.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want insane battery life, surface book sure better with the extra battery meaning extra weight also. Anyway I think the sp4 battery life is alr beyond my regular on-the-move usage. I bring sp3 to school with battery saver - Edge browsing once in awhile and office and PDF editing from 9 to 2.30 non stop still got 60% left.

Orh. But i thot the battery of surface book if detached from keyboard is like 4 hrs only or something, because most of battery is in the keyboard section.

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Orh. But i thot the battery of surface book if detached from keyboard is like 4 hrs only or something, because most of battery is in the keyboard section.
Ya if surface book tablet only mode is like surface pro 4 I think. But you won't go out without a keyboard ba. Haha. Battery saver mode in windows 10 got alot improvement in app management. I never bring adapter out before for this whole year.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
I still cant decide between the m3 or get the base i5. For someone who does alot of word processing, watching videos and surfing, would m3 suffice?

tspurs

Reaction score
Same i5, 256g SSD, 8gb RAM is USD$1699, which is approx SGD$2400.

Still a $400 difference. But it make no sense to get the USD$1699 Surface book, because the key about Book is the dGPU, that the USD$1699 model does not have.

i5 256gb 8gb
SP4 $1,299 + $130 type cover = US$1,429
(SG price is $1,999 + $199 = S$2,198).

SB US$1,699.

So the difference is US$270 for bigger screen, better overall battery life, more sturdy keyboard, more USB port and sheer novelty factor. Arguable, I think.

The price difference narrows if the SP4 is bought in SG at S$2,198 while the SB is imported, as you will have to pay GST on the SB.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also always think of "future proof" but honestly by the time 1, 2 years later, very likely I would want something "up to date" again...

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you all really need 256 gb for this device? I am stuck between i5 128 and 256 gb models.. 400 dollar diff for the 4 gb ram and extra 128 gb ssd... dunno how sia

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you all really need 256 gb for this device? I am stuck between i5 128 and 256 gb models.. 400 dollar diff for the 4 gb ram and extra 128 gb ssd... dunno how sia

If say you travel and take videos of your trip, your 64gb card will fill up fast. SP4 is very portable so I view it as portable storage with power to view, edit videos even.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.