Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
For me i just get a dedicated server. Set it up and i can do whatever i need and its fast 1g up n down .
But agree on the different locations point

Doing so limits, the location of your VPN and can cost $

good side is you have all the bandwidth.:s13:

kira86

Master Member
Reaction score
Doing so limits, the location of your VPN and can cost $

good side is you have all the bandwidth.:s13:

if u can find a few like minded peeps, the pros outweight the costs :)
imagine a shared folder , private networking , the limit is endless.

kira86

Master Member
Reaction score
7d6fd7e3c5.png

own vpn + dedicated box !

salmonella

Reaction score
That's nice. Some questions:

1. Which location/provider is this, that MR can maintain a consistent 13.5 MB/s/download thread? (seems to be 8 download threads)

2. As this topic is about VPN providers, one of the preferred use cases is to VPN from the home router for reasons of convenience (ie, don't need to manage VPNs on multiple devices, connect/disconnect, etc). I notice the picture was of multiple FTP connections. Were these connections going over the VPN and a small home router?

3. Is the cost comparable to a VPN? (It's unlikely, but there are some really cheap hosts so you never know)

Last edited:

kira86

Master Member
Reaction score
That's nice. Some questions:

1. Which location/provider is this, that MR can maintain a consistent 13.5 MB/s/download thread? (seems to be 8 download threads)

2. As this topic is about VPN providers, one of the preferred use cases is to VPN from the home router for reasons of convenience (ie, don't need to manage VPNs on multiple devices, connect/disconnect, etc). I notice the picture was of multiple FTP connections. Were these connections going over the VPN and a small home router?

3. Is the cost comparable to a VPN? (It's unlikely, but there are some really cheap hosts so you never know)

Hosted in SG , its using 32 threads IIRC .
the connection was me connected to my own VPN and download off from the server.
Cost wise is higher , but since im using it for vpn, torrenting, and hosting other stuffs, the costs justifies itself .

Guyver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hosted in SG , its using 32 threads IIRC .
the connection was me connected to my own VPN and download off from the server.
Cost wise is higher , but since im using it for vpn, torrenting, and hosting other stuffs, the costs justifies itself .

i am interested :)

stiwipl

Reaction score
Great price your paid indeed. Somehow in August 2014 I paid for the same US$149.99. But I don't mind since it is worth it. I think they have a mistake in their pricing, because 2year plan comes up at US$5.25 per month (total US$125.99) instead of US$6.25 (total US$149.99) that I paid and that is showing on their website.

That USD6.25 includes StealthVPN for PC/Mac/Linux (USD2/mth) but you can choose to opt-out which works out to be USD5.25/mth.

It was a pricing error I think, because they seem to get it fixed. It is now back to US$149.99 for 2 years w/o StealthVPN checked.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is the server i setup myself ,specs are enough to run a vpn , and a bunch of other stuffs, u guys want to share ah ?

not worth the risk.

just pay $100 bucks per annum for some overseas vpn provider.

skarfy

Reaction score
hey, which vpn would u guys recommend if you just want your torrenting to be private? maybe once in a while access US stuff... I also only have 100mbps speed so dont need those fancy ones i suppose...

someone recommended me https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ but theyre not from singapore so not sure if it would work well here.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey, which vpn would u guys recommend if you just want your torrenting to be private? maybe once in a while access US stuff... I also only have 100mbps speed so dont need those fancy ones i suppose...

someone recommended me https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ but theyre not from singapore so not sure if it would work well here.
If you want privacy, you wouldn't want something from Singapore =:p

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually other than dallas buyers club, any other case of ppl getting into trouble for p2p? Curious here

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.