Apple TV 4

chobo_kel

Reaction score
The SG tech specs did not label the dual microphones.. So I'm guessing no.

JondorZ

Reaction score
Same question as above. Thinking of buying one overseas. I believe Apple TV 3 was universal. But the new one has a new PSU, so no confirmation..

I believe Apple TV 4 also has a universal power supply unit as seen from the photo of bottom of the ATV4 US Set taken from ifixit teardown. Model number A1625. 100-240V 50-60Hz 1A.

xDbxXnGVHeMMiEJf.huge

source: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Apple+TV+4th+Generation+Teardown/49046

sk0065

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about Siri remote / Apple TV Remote. I'm sure US and SG version has the same exact hardware with different naming due the licensing issue.

Btw I have ordered a 64GB one. Delivering 30/10 - 03/11. :)

02/11-04/11 for me

32GB

sk0065

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u just need airplay

then get a hdmi cable 10 dollar

lightning to hdmi converter 10 dollar

total 20 dollar

SIC leh... i still waiting for this $10 gadget.......
lightning to HDMI for $10....

sk0065

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it available in Epi etc? Or just online?

we just endure one more year...

i hate epi la... nubox la... and etc....
very stuck up staff....

this is not iphone... i rather order from apple.com/sg
than to get it on day 1 but see those stuck up faces.

Eidekos

Reaction score
In apple sg site you can see 'in the box' that siri remote is included, it could be bad advertising if its not.

cant wait for reviews here for those 1st owners.

JondorZ

Reaction score
I am very sure Apple TV 4th Gen (2015) SG set will come with SIRI Remote only with different naming (Apple TV Remote). Both US and SG set will come with the same hardware (ie same Apple TV console and same remote with dual microphone and Siri/Search button). The SIRI functionality is not advertised in SG because iTunes store is not as comprehensive/complete as the US iTunes store or due to some other Movie/TV rights/licensing issue. You will still be able to use the SIRI feature with the local SG set if you log in as US account or set the Apple TV region to US. I see no point getting it from US and bring it back to SG just for the SIRI feature. I believe Apple will roll out the SIRI feature to other countries over time. I don't think Apple is stupid to make 2 different remotes just to piss off customers.

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am very sure Apple TV 4th Gen (2015) SG set will come with SIRI Remote only with different naming (Apple TV Remote). Both US and SG set will come with the same hardware (ie same Apple TV console and same remote with dual microphone and Siri/Search button). The SIRI functionality is not advertised in SG because iTunes store is not as comprehensive/complete as the US iTunes store or due to some other Movie/TV rights/licensing issue. You will still be able to use the SIRI feature with the local SG set if you log in as US account or set the Apple TV region to US. I see no point getting it from US and bring it back to SG just for the SIRI feature. I believe Apple will roll out the SIRI feature to other countries over time. I don't think Apple is stupid to make 2 different remotes just to piss off customers.
According to the spec, mic button is search not Siri

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct.

Hardware is same.

Sg store, Siri cannot work that's all.

How come it's so diff to understand meh? (To the rest)

SG store Siri cannot work ... i not so worried yet
i want tell Siri skip x secs ... search this search that ...
as opposed to having to do it manually on that Search button :s13:

think i wait for first local reviewers to post :D

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct.

Hardware is same.

Sg store, Siri cannot work that's all.

How come it's so diff to understand meh? (To the rest)

KhiZKqj.jpg

As for whether the SG Siri is neutered or not, really need to wait for consumer feedback...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.