Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

acertey

Reaction score
Hi folks wanted to run some queries.

When you guys buy the JR pass, how do you book online to reserve the seats?

I was trying to see if i could book online for dec 9 from Tokyo to Shin Osaka but was unable to get any traction.

I do know they use the Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen though...

In additional, when you guys buy JR Pass how do you normally collect and book the train services? Sorry about too many questions, as I have kids with me, and CO expects full battle order... :s13:

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi folks wanted to run some queries.

When you guys buy the JR pass, how do you book online to reserve the seats?

I was trying to see if i could book online for dec 9 from Tokyo to Shin Osaka but was unable to get any traction.

I do know they use the Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen though...

In additional, when you guys buy JR Pass how do you normally collect and book the train services? Sorry about too many questions, as I have kids with me, and CO expects full battle order... :s13:

Think your CO worry too much... Dec 9 is a normal weekday. Not many ppl taking Shinkansen.

You cannot book online if you are using JR pass. There are enough seats, so no need to worry too much. Once you have your JR pass, start to book your tickets, then won't have any issues.

Pls see below video for details

If you need additional details, pls feel free to ask here or pm me. Or ask your CO contact me, i give him a briefing on travelling in Japan... =)

Last edited:

MKfresh

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the cheapest way of getting WIFI in tokyo?

*I will be going on a 7 day trip in Dec.

stars87

Master Member
Reaction score
Think your CO worry too much... Dec 9 is a normal weekday. Not many ppl taking Shinkansen.

You cannot book online if you are using JR pass. There are enough seats, so no need to worry too much. Once you have your JR pass, start to book your tickets, then won't have any issues.

If you need additional details, pls feel free to ask here or pm me. Or ask your CO contact me, i give him a briefing on travelling in Japan... =)

Actually now u can.

Online booking only for select JR east train service

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/ticket/reservation.html

Can only book one month before.

Catch is if you fail to collect your tickets on the day before, you must pay the full reservation fee (510 yen)

Just need to change Jr pass and collect it at a midorinomadoguchi

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stars, Tokaido Shinkansen not covered by this.

Shinkansen Service in the JR EAST Area:
Tohoku Shinkansen, Yamagata Shinkansen, Akita Shinkansen, Joetsu Shinkansen, Hokuriku Shinkansen (between Tokyo and Joetsumyoko Stations)

stars87

Master Member
Reaction score
stars, Tokaido Shinkansen not covered by this.

Shinkansen Service in the JR EAST Area:
Tohoku Shinkansen, Yamagata Shinkansen, Akita Shinkansen, Joetsu Shinkansen, Hokuriku Shinkansen (between Tokyo and Joetsumyoko Stations)

Yea which was why I mentioned, JR east service.

Tokaido shinkansen is by JR chuo/central I think.

And yes you still can make shinkansen reservation although I agree its not necessary.

jprail.net said:
Eki-net (えきねっと)

I have received a comment from one of my readers, Tak. He told me we can use this Japanese online reservation system even for Japan Rail Pass users. This online reservation is in Japanese. So unfortunately anyone cannot use. However some of my readers asked me that we can use a friend in Japan to make a reservation for Japan Rail Pass user in outside of Japan. Yes. You can do it now.

This reservation system cover all over Japan. So for example, you can book for Shinkansen between Tokyo and Shin Osaka. We cannot do this in JR East Shinkansen Reservation. But this online reservation is not perfect. I tried to book for several overnight trains, like Sunrise Seto, Hokutosei and Twilight Express. I could get some of overnight trains. I found Akebono and Hokutosei. But this site showed only Type-B berth. It did not show me any compartment. I have received so many questions about Nobi Nobi seat of Sunrise Seto/Izumo and Carpet car of Hamanasu. But I could not make it for these trains.
So even if you have a friend in Japan or speak Japanese, you still cannot make a reservation for most of overnight trains.

http://jprail.com/travel-informations/basic-informations/timetable-and-reservation/how-to-reserve-seat.html#Eki-net

mngedo

Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can,

Can you teach me how to say "Is there beef?" and "I do not take beef" and also the Japanese character for BEEF.

As i do not take beef, i would like to try to avoid ordering food with beef in it.

Thank you!!

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can,

Can you teach me how to say "Is there beef?" and "I do not take beef" and also the Japanese character for BEEF.

As i do not take beef, i would like to try to avoid ordering food with beef in it.

Thank you!!

bii-fu ga ha-i-tte i-ma-su ka (Is there beef inside?)

bii-fu o ta-be-ma-sen (I don't eat beef)

ビーフ (BEEF)

layang89

Reaction score

Hi dimitri_can

I need to take Tokaido Shinkansen on Sunday, 22 Nov. I understand it is Japan long weekend. Do you think i might have a problem getting 3 seats ...

Miyavisama

Reaction score
Any food recommendation as I will be travelling to Osaka, Nara, Takayama & Tokyo?

Famous or popular places.

acertey

Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can

I need to take Tokaido Shinkansen on Sunday, 22 Nov. I understand it is Japan long weekend. Do you think i might have a problem getting 3 seats ...

Hi Bros,

Thanks, getting a bit confused. I am planning to get a 7 Days JR pass. So this Tokyo to Shin Osaka Shinkasen can use this JR pass right?

acertey

Reaction score
Thanks Bro as usual...

Erm do you guys usually buy the following tickets in SG?

Japan Railway Pass
Disneyland, DisneySea Pass
Universal Studio Osaka Pass with Express 5

Would be great if you could share how you guys get these...

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bro as usual...

Erm do you guys usually buy the following tickets in SG?

Japan Railway Pass
Disneyland, DisneySea Pass
Universal Studio Osaka Pass with Express 5

Would be great if you could share how you guys get these...
Buy online. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.