Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

aabeesee

Master Member
Reaction score
Had them shipped from amazon last year when it was eligible for Amazonglobal saver shipping hahaha, slightly more expensive last year though. Just take note that they are slightly larger than the cups of the M50x and can come off easily.

naise sadly the brainwavz nor the shure earpads ship to sg w/o a min purchase from the seller :(

Reaction score
guys, i am intending to purchase im02 to pair with my iphone 6s?

i generally listen to chinese and english pop also, especially female vocal.

i am not looking to get an amp as its too troublesome.

is it okay to use im02 with iphone 6s? or im02 is an overkill for iphone usage.

any advice?

Bathtub81

Reaction score

any advice?

I also tested that yesterday :)
Won't be overkill ba... as long as you are happy. Who knows next time u will get a dap.

Cheers

Jeremypsp

Reaction score

any advice?

Be advised that the IM02 has mediocre fit though, they keep falling out of my ears even though most universal fit my ears, so if you can have a chance to try before buying it would be better. And it's not overkill at all, I use it with my iPod Touch 5 haha.

dricas_007

Reaction score

any advice?

No problem....I am using im04 on my dap....sometimes I used on my iPhone 6 plus. As long as u like it

Reaction score
I also tested that yesterday :)
Won't be overkill ba... as long as you are happy. Who knows next time u will get a dap.

Cheers

Me...on my iPhone 6 plus sometimes

Be advised that the IM02 has mediocre fit though, they keep falling out of my ears even though most universal fit my ears, so if you can have a chance to try before buying it would be better. And it's not overkill at all, I use it with my iPod Touch 5 haha.

No problem....I am using im04 on my dap....sometimes I used on my iPhone 6 plus. As long as u like it

thanks for the advice.
i understand that the housing for the im02 and im50 is the same, their fit is the same right?

i went to tried im02 and im70. im70 seems to be more smooth, but im02 is more detailed. hmn hard choice.

chaud@sg

Reaction score
thanks for the advice.
i understand that the housing for the im02 and im50 is the same, their fit is the same right?

i went to tried im02 and im70. im70 seems to be more smooth, but im02 is more detailed. hmn hard choice.

IM50's nozzle is slightly longer compared to the IM02. So it might be a hassle for user with smaller ears as it might protrude out a little bit more than IM02 which have a more negative profile.

Bathtub81

Reaction score
im02 sounds louder, as if the singer is singing into your ear. is it what you all describe as forward ? Sry I'm not very good describing the output. Also tried im03, I actually need to on louder but once i on louder, I went waaaa... *shouldn't have try the 03. im02 is harder to fit too, even for small ear. coming from someone that is used to custom shell.

Can't decide now. Will wait for the impulsiveness to overwhelm me.

Jeremypsp

Reaction score
im02 sounds louder, as if the singer is singing into your ear. is it what you all describe as forward ? Sry I'm not very good describing the output. Also tried im03, I actually need to on louder but once i on louder, I went waaaa... *shouldn't have try the 03. im02 is harder to fit too, even for small ear. coming from someone that is used to custom shell.

Can't decide now. Will wait for the impulsiveness to overwhelm me.

Indeed transitioning from custom fit to IM02 is a big difference... Even with larger tips they still seem to pop out a lot. And yes, the IM02 has shorter nozzle than the IM70 and thus a slightly weaker fit

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice.

i tried the im70 and im02 but went with im70 with that price point, out of the box im70 felt too blaring loud and not consistent, seems better after 1st day burn in. tighter bass etc.

Reaction score
i have a im50, but the cable spoilt and its not worth to change the cable. I, may as well get a new im50.

This time, I'm considering a better one because i think the built is good, so next time if cable spoil just replace cable. it's more worth it this way.

So was considering between im02 and im70.

I dont know is it because i used spotify free to play my music, the quality lousier. comparing both, im70 seems to be more smooth but less detailed than im02. like u cannot listen to much detail in the vocal but then its just very smooth. dont know if u call that smooth.
but the im02 like abit "jagged" but got more details.

I was expecting im02 to be more smooth sounding and detailed haha
haiz

Reaction score
i have a im50, but the cable spoilt and its not worth to change the cable. I, may as well get a new im50.

This time, I'm considering a better one because i think the built is good, so next time if cable spoil just replace cable. it's more worth it this way.

I dont know is it because i used spotify free to play my music, the quality lousier. comparing both, im70 seems to be more smooth but less detailed than im02. like u cannot listen to much detail in the vocal but then its just very smooth. dont know if u call that smooth.

haiz

Somebody on carousell selling I'M series cables for $15. Just saying. Up to u if u wanna go for that or just buy a better one

Besaid

Reaction score

haiz

Jaben is giving away AT cables (with mic) for each IM purchase, though they have no stock for IM02 for now.

teddy1994

Reaction score
My portable set up was iBasso dx90 paired with TF10x6 ciem *pure silver with 1% gold cable (used for 2 years, still working well and fitting) <<mids and highs are really prominent, making bass abit lacking, which is settled with eq

Needed a headphone for home use, so I bought the ath-m50x headphones
Was actually expecting alot from it due to comments around forums, reviews and ratings for it.

But it fell short of my expectations (likely because I'm too used to my ciem sq)
*yes call me crazy for expecting a $200 headphone to compare with 6 driver iem

However, I can say it was actually worth the $200!

I am burning in the headphone with pink noise now to see if it makes any difference

Will comment more about it then..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.