Microsoft Surface

tspurs

Reaction score
Anandtech reviews the SP4 and finds:

* The heatsink spreads the CPU temperature around the entire laptop.
* Much less CPU throttling because of the better cooling
* The core m3 version is indeed fanless
* Type cover is significantly improved, stiffer with better key travel
* Pen and dock are noticably improved
* As a tablet it is the most powerful one yet
* As a notebook the i5 SP4 is about as powerful as Thinkpad X1 (i7-5600U)or Acer S7 (i7-5500U) and is about 20% more powerful than the SP3
* Graphics performance is much better than SP3, and better than the two ultrabooks
* SSD performance is much improved
* Display reaches 377 nits max, more than SP3 but less than S3
* Blacks are deeper than on SP3
* Battery life in browsing and light use is the same as SP3
* Battery life for video playback and heavy use is significantly better than SP3, but less than the ultrabooks
* Wifi card is identical to SP3

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

eventidephoenix

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I got an extra glass screen protector for SP3. Order 2 in case 1 get spoilt during shipping. If interested let me know.

Made a tough call to use it without. Heard the pen experience will be quite different, and the pc's life is too short to need a screen protector :D

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone broke the tip of their pen before?

MS told me to use a needle to take the remaining part of the tip out...have been digging inside with a needle but...nope :s22:

Got any tips (pun not intended) on how to take the remaining part of the tip out?

MrRayded

Reaction score
Any bros here know where to get the surface pro/rt or surface 2/ surface 2 pro type cover for cheap? I don't mind second hand just has to be below 50 bucks. Want to change my touch cover to type cover

Rickosw

Reaction score
not too bad ... this is the type of promo MSFT should be pushing if they wana to go with the story of Tablet that can replace laptop

just curious - is this the FIRST TIME MSFT have this promo for Surface tablet?

any Bro, remember MSFT giving similar promo for Surface Pro 3 ???

thanks!

joeltng

Reaction score
not too bad ... this is the type of promo MSFT should be pushing if they wana to go with the story of Tablet that can replace laptop

thanks!

I rmb have...i wish i could tell you when tho...

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thanks!

A few weeks ago they were giving out free type cover if you purchase surface pro 3 but now no more le. They phase out surface pro 3 for 4 liao

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.