EDMW Knife Collectors

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Rainy Day Thoughts

Well, I like rain. I love the smell of air after a nice long thunderstorm, when the air is fresh (bukit panjang, not sure about other places). Negative ions abound, helps to make life just a bit better. Ok, on to sharp things...

Many have asked, how often do you use your blades, do you EDC, what do you use them for? etc....

My most used blades are my kitchen knife (a nice gyuto), my gifted douk-douk (a slipjoint) and my EDC, a modded poboy folding puukko (enzo birk scandi folder). As I have limited countertop space, I use a small tembusu chopping board and my douk-douk for lots of food preparation. If I need to cut something with cleaner cuts, I switch to my gyuto. Both are easy to sharpen (my waterstones are right next to my sink) although the douk-douk needs more reprofiling (softer steel and a carbon blade to boot). My folding puukko gets all the 'cleaner', drier work - cleaning out a folder requires more effort so for dressing and preparing meat, it's just easier to use my gyuto and douk-douk.

What about you? =:p

BTW, where can I watch the RWC finals at midnight tonight? Poor uncle here doesn't have a sports channel (reminiscing the days when Mediacorp would show RWC finals on free-to-air sports channel)...=:p

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, I like rain. I love the smell of air after a nice long thunderstorm, when the air is fresh (bukit panjang, not sure about other places). Negative ions abound, helps to make life just a bit better. Ok, on to sharp things...

Many have asked, how often do you use your blades, do you EDC, what do you use them for? etc....

My most used blades are my kitchen knife (a nice gyuto), my gifted douk-douk (a slipjoint) and my EDC, a modded poboy folding puukko (enzo birk scandi folder). As I have limited countertop space, I use a small tembusu chopping board and my douk-douk for lots of food preparation. If I need to cut something with cleaner cuts, I switch to my gyuto. Both are easy to sharpen (my waterstones are right next to my sink) although the douk-douk needs more reprofiling (softer steel and a carbon blade to boot). My folding puukko gets all the 'cleaner', drier work - cleaning out a folder requires more effort so for dressing and preparing meat, it's just easier to use my gyuto and douk-douk.

BTW, where can I watch the RWC finals at midnight tonight? Poor uncle here doesn't have a sports channel (reminiscing the days when Mediacorp would show RWC finals on free-to-air sports channel)...=:p

I'm a no outdoors person, but my go to has always been my Delica 4.

For RWC, you can try reddit. I don't follow that sport, so I'm not too sure which is the best sub for it. You'd probably have to wait till the match is closer to starting before the stream links appear.

EDIT: Follow the instructions on this link; you should get a nice HD stream.

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm a no outdoors person, but my go to has always been my Delica 4.

For RWC, you can try reddit. I don't follow that sport, so I'm not too sure which is the best sub for it. You'd probably have to wait till the match is closer to starting before the stream links appear.

EDIT: Follow the instructions on this link; you should get a nice HD stream.

thank you shikiwaru! this uncle is technologically challenged, this is my first time doing this and I am watching something now...I hope the stream is smooth during the match. This is the highlight for this weekend, since the padang rained out for the SCC7s....

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
thank you shikiwaru! this uncle is technologically challenged, this is my first time doing this and I am watching something now...I hope the stream is smooth during the match. This is the highlight for this weekend, since the padang rained out for the SCC7s....

No problem. I was really surprised by how much streaming has improved when I first used that; never have I thought that I could watch NBA so smoothly and clearly with crappy army internet.

mamba2012

Reaction score

Thank you vespa for sharing.

I carry the absolutely smallest victorinox as my edc and at the size smaller than that of a finger, it doesn't scare sheeple. I do own a zt0801, which I use for bbqs, prawning etc... But if I require something in between, the victorinox bantam does a great job. I have a vg-10 san mai chef knife which I purchased during my travels in Japan and I use to cut sashimi and to cook with.

Then I have my custom knife collection which are used for admiring/lying as table toys. This way, I separate my collection into users and collectibles.

Dryxhyl

Reaction score
WTS for Wedding Funds

Please help out a fellow knife nut. Selling my collection to fund my wedding.

1. CKF Decepticon 1 – USD$1000
• From limited run of 300
• Comes with custom M3 backspacer by Nath Customs
• COA and CKF Pouch

2. CKF Asymmetric Midi – USD$350
• #87/300
• COA and CKF Pouch

3. CKF Daboia – USD$old
• First run, blackout blade
• CKF Pouch

4. Trastetkknives Kyre – USD$1200
• Damascus blade and backspacer
• Timascus bolster and pocket clip
• Black G10 scales and anodized blue liners
• Comes with packaging and sharpening liquid as provided by maker

5. Yuna Qi 3 – USD$1100
• CF bolster and white G10 scale
• Moonglow backspacer
• GTC bearing mod by Nath Customs
• Slightly light detent, but flips extremely smoothly

6. Brous Strife Custom – USD$old
• Bolster lock conversion by Nath Custom. CF scales and pocket clip and Ti bolster
• #039/500
• COA and Brous pouch

7. Brous T4 CF – USD$460
• #119/200
• COA and Brous Pouch

8. Brous Reloader CF – USD$360
• #62/250
• COA and Brous Pouch

9. ZT 0560 Custom – USD$460
• Blade regrind, Harpoon with slight recurve by Maprik and Veff Serrations by Tom Veff
• Blue Ti hardware by MXG Gear
• CF/Blue G10 scales and CF Pocket Clip by Dnt3cks
• Blue LBS by Gray Precision
• Original box and hardware (might be incomplete, will try my best)

10. ZT 0095 – USD$330 (Reserved till Sunday)
• Custom CF pocket clip
• Only sold in Russia as of now
• Original box and hardware

11. Kershaw Bump – USD$160
• Discontinued
• Original first run with CPM154 blade
• Scuff marks on pocket clip
• Does not come with Box

12. Kershaw Tremor (Plain Edge) – USD$25
• Discontinued
• Almost brand new condition
• Original Box

13. Emerson Patriot (Plain Edge) – USD$330
• Blue Thumbdisk by Gray Precision
• Blue Ti pivot and scale screw by Nath Custom
• Custom CF bolster and Black/Gray Anso scale by Sketchen Scales Custom
• Comes with original hardware and box

14. Emerson CQC15 Custom (Plain Edge) – USD$360
• Custom Framelock conversion by Nath Customs
• Blue Ti pivot and scale screw by Nath Customs
• Black/Gray G10 Anso scale by Nath Customs
• Milled Ti Clip by Nath Customs

Expect very slight scuff marks from carry unless otherwise stated. Prices are very slightly negotiable. All prices stated are already below Cost + Shipping + GST (if applicable).

Deal at Boon Keng MRT, or any location that might be convenient for both buyer and seller.

PM me or contact me at 91865582 to deal, or if you require more information or pictures. Still unable to post pics due to post count.

No obligation to confirm, I do allow viewing and handling the knife before confirmation as I believe certain specs can't be conveyed through text and pics.

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
congrats Dryxhyl on your upcoming nuptials. That's a nice collection there and I see you're the guy who owns that Nath custom strife conversion :) that Nath posted on IG. Those 2 Emerson conversions should be able to sell on bladeforums - try posting there.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
No problem. I was really surprised by how much streaming has improved when I first used that; never have I thought that I could watch NBA so smoothly and clearly with crappy army internet.

Thanks to you, I watched a very exciting RWC final last night :s12:my neighbours must have thought there was a madman having fits last night :s13:

Dryxhyl

Reaction score
congrats Dryxhyl on your upcoming nuptials. That's a nice collection there and I see you're the guy who owns that Nath custom strife conversion :) that Nath posted on IG. Those 2 Emerson conversions should be able to sell on bladeforums - try posting there.

Thanks! I'll try locally first before considering instagram or bladeforums.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested. All prices firm and fair unless you buy more than one, then I'll throw in a small discount (depending on the configuration). Thanks for looking ;)

1. Marfione Custom Anax integral framelock, stonewashed blade. NIB. Box, papers, cert. This is a phenomenal folder - a ground-breaker of sorts. A full custom integral at this price is hard to find. USD[revised, see posts below]. I will also include some additional freebies like stickers and maybe a patch.

2. Hinderer handground custom long/deep swedged spearpoint XM18 3.5 with Duratech 20C blade (sterile satin blade - Gen 3). Non-flipper. Black G10 scale. Mint from maker. Perfect action, sharpness and fit and finish. Does not come with the pictured skull tab as it was sold off separately. The regular tab has been reinstalled. Also, this deep swedge version is very rare - don't confuse with regular spearpoint. USD[revised, see posts below].

3. Spyderco Domino with custom spaceman deep carry titanium clip. USD[revised, see posts below].

(BTW, a new Domino w/o the custom titanium clip is already USD210 + shipping, the clip itself will cost you another USD20 plus shipping).

IMG_2407_zpspdxbz0j3.jpg

IMG_2408_zps0jyrzohq.jpg

Bump....someone has gotta appreciate this deal:) but wait, I will throw in additional freebies...

hello all, bumping for some more views.

What I'm including with the Marfione Custom Anax (apart from everything it came with - knife is MINT): Tadgear Mean T-skull patch (OD), Tadgear GITD logo patch, USN (Usual Suspects Network) Goat Decal, and a special decal from a very special unit - you can't buy this I believe :)

What I'm including with the Hinderer Custom Spearpoint (and a pic to show you that the skull tab has been removed and the standard tab reinstalled) - a sterling silver bead from RevHartz ;) - fantastic handwork here. If you don't like the silver bead, I can throw in an extra orange G10 scale too! That's usd60 value!

IMG_2419_zpsuip16bae.jpg

IMG_2421_zpss71lcnd8.jpg

Last edited:

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks deadjr and Shikiwaru for the reply :)

Im just curious. How many of us in this forum actually carry a knife with you on a daily basis?

If you do, what do you usually carry and have you ever encountered any instances when ppl ask you why u carry a knife or give u weird looks?

I stick to a knife with a blade length of 2.5' or less, usually a SAK. When i take it out to cut something, i usually go to a discrete corner just to avoid weird stares hahha.

Just wanna hear ur experiences and start a mini discussion.
I don't collect knives. Only have one folding knife which I bring around everyday. Use it mainly to cut fruits for my lunch when I am outside. I think it's the enlan el02.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw this on the green forum today. What do you guys think about americanised tanto blade shape, use, handling, aesthetics etc? Worcer, it's CPM3V, your favourite ;)

All done. Pretty pleased with with how everything came out....
I hard stamped my mark, for that old school PH kinda look. The sheath is suede lined, bison wrapped aluminum.
The steel is .210" Cpm 3v.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
uncle vespa must sell the ZT801 today :s13:

USD[revised, see posts below]. Will deliver if you're in bukit panjang area. This weekend only! Must sell. I don't think you can find it cheaper anywhere else :eek:

Last edited:

Dryxhyl

Reaction score
WTS for Wedding Funds

Please help out a fellow knife nut. Selling my collection to fund my wedding.

1. CKF Decepticon 1 – USD$1000
• From limited run of 300
• Comes with custom M3 backspacer by Nath Customs
• COA and CKF Pouch

2. CKF Asymmetric Midi – USD$350
• #87/300
• COA and CKF Pouch

3. CKF Daboia – USD$old
• First run, blackout blade
• CKF Pouch

4. Trastetkknives Kyre – USD$1200
• Damascus blade and backspacer
• Timascus bolster and pocket clip
• Black G10 scales and anodized blue liners
• Comes with packaging and sharpening liquid as provided by maker

5. Yuna Qi 3 – USD$1100
• CF bolster and white G10 scale
• Moonglow backspacer
• GTC bearing mod by Nath Customs
• Slightly light detent, but flips extremely smoothly

6. Brous Strife Custom – USD$old
• Bolster lock conversion by Nath Custom. CF scales and pocket clip and Ti bolster
• #039/500
• COA and Brous pouch

7. Brous T4 CF – USD$460
• #119/200
• COA and Brous Pouch

8. Brous Reloader CF – USD$360
• #62/250
• COA and Brous Pouch

9. ZT 0560 Custom – USD$460
• Blade regrind, Harpoon with slight recurve by Maprik and Veff Serrations by Tom Veff
• Blue Ti hardware by MXG Gear
• CF/Blue G10 scales and CF Pocket Clip by Dnt3cks
• Blue LBS by Gray Precision
• Original box and hardware (might be incomplete, will try my best)

10. ZT 0095 – USD$330 (Reserved till Sunday)
• Custom CF pocket clip
• Only sold in Russia as of now
• Original box and hardware

11. Kershaw Bump – USD$160
• Discontinued
• Original first run with CPM154 blade
• Scuff marks on pocket clip
• Does not come with Box

12. Kershaw Tremor (Plain Edge) – USD$25
• Discontinued
• Almost brand new condition
• Original Box

13. Emerson Patriot (Plain Edge) – USD$330
• Blue Ti pivot and scale screw by Nath Custom
• Custom CF bolster and Black/Gray Anso scale by Sketchen Scales Custom

14. Emerson CQC15 Custom (Plain Edge) – USD$360
• Custom Framelock conversion by Nath Customs
• Blue Ti pivot and scale screw by Nath Customs
• Black/Gray G10 Anso scale by Nath Customs
• Milled Ti Clip by Nath Customs

Expect very slight scuff marks from carry unless otherwise stated. Prices are very slightly negotiable. All prices stated are already below Cost + Shipping + GST (if applicable).

Deal at Boon Keng MRT, or any location that might be convenient for both buyer and seller.

PM me or contact me at 91865582 to deal, or if you require more information or pictures. Still unable to post pics due to post count.

No obligation to confirm, I do allow viewing and handling the knife before confirmation as I believe certain specs can't be conveyed through text and pics.

Buy above USD$1200 and I'll throw in a Pelican 1170 Black FOC (~$80 from Ebay). Foam is cut to accept 7 knives. Have 2 to give.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks will read up on it...our local brick motar shop got carry?

Btw will there be issue if i carry knife in check in luggage for oversea trekking trip?

depends on which country, but so far no issue for:

- Indonesia, Australia, Malaysia, US, Korea, NZ, Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand

from personal experience. YMMV. if you are kitted out for trekking, nobody will bat an eyelid on a Mora.

There are some local sellers for Moras (I don't know who) but many of us buy online. Knifecenter is a good source for moras, as is ebay.

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
uncle vespa must sell the ZT801 today :s13:

[revised, see posts below]. Will deliver if you're in bukit panjang area. This weekend only! Must sell. I don't think you can find it cheaper anywhere else :eek:

Ok, uncle vespa is now offering the cheapest ZT0801 in Singapore now. [revised, see posts below]. and if you live around the bukit panjang area, uncle vespa will also deliver! Only USD and only paypal please. Valid for this weekend only!!! Vespa's price is firm but fair and still cheaper than dealers, even before factoring shipping :p

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.