Question about Malacca

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, am intending to self drive into Malacca. Any good tips or website on the best route to take?

Just buy yourself a Malaysia sim card with data, use google map n u are gd to go....

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bros or sis stay in The straits hotel & suite? Any feedback on the suite and how is it compare to hatten?

I have stay in equtorial, hatten n the straits before and i like straits the best .

The suite rm is big and spacious but the lift is slow, service n location wise is ok.

Hatten have the worst servce among the 3 n i will not recommend.

tjiax1

Reaction score
I have stay in equtorial, hatten n the straits before and i like straits the best .

The suite rm is big and spacious but the lift is slow, service n location wise is ok.

too bad hatten is the nearest to both shopping centre and walking distance to jonker walk. equtorial need to cross a busy road before reaching shopping centre

yeowenzheng

Reaction score
sorry ar but to check hotel equatorial all along 4 stars meh? i remember few yrs back i went its like 5 stars previously?

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score

Equatorial best. A bit old in some areas but overall still well maintained. I like the classic design of the hotel and service is good. Great and large pool as well.

Hatten room ok but service sucks. Similar price to equatorial, I rather stay equatorial.

Straits very basic like ibis like that but you pay for what you get.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks shabby. Got many better nearby. Swiss garden is a good choice.
trip advisor Certificate of Excellence, top 10 with 872 reveiws. swiss garden is not even anywhere close...
.... hotel is a carefully restored Peranakan house which once belonged to the decendants of an eminent philanthropist and rubber plantation owner, Tan Kim Seng. The hotel have the Baba Nyoya theme... there is even a mini gallery of the many Peranakan items there....

For me personally, location is very important. Going to malacca is to enjoy the culture and embrace the street food. Staying near the jonker street means you get to enjoy all that within a few min walking distance.
I don't see any point staying near the shopping mall.. if I want to stay at a luxury 5 star hotel near a mall, i might as well go to jb.

Last edited:

ipadxcell

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Anything new since the last two years?
Yes I haven't been there since then.

may_dream1

Reaction score
i have 4 bus tickets from melaka to SG on 6th Dec. bought wrongly so now letting go. mine is at 12noon tickets and currently only coaches earlier than 12 stilll available.

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
trip advisor Certificate of Excellence, top 10 with 872 reveiws. swiss garden is not even anywhere close...
.... hotel is a carefully restored Peranakan house which once belonged to the decendants of an eminent philanthropist and rubber plantation owner, Tan Kim Seng. The hotel have the Baba Nyoya theme... there is even a mini gallery of the many Peranakan items there....

For me personally, location is very important. Going to malacca is to enjoy the culture and embrace the street food. Staying near the jonker street means you get to enjoy all that within a few min walking distance.
I don't see any point staying near the shopping mall.. if I want to stay at a luxury 5 star hotel near a mall, i might as well go to jb.

Puri is an acquired taste. Not everyone can appreciate the style of puri.

Swiss garden is near jonker as well.

Tbh, almost all hotel in melaka central area is walkable to jonker, a 25 minute stroll can get you from the equatorial to jonker.

I personally don't like to stay too near jonker. Heavy traffic and very noisy especially at night.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.