The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Reaction score
We didnt talk much about styling hair in singapore's climate, i only specify i want something that can be neat when at work and funky while going out, and i am happy with the results :) never take any close up photo of my hair ytd but will do once i style it on monday.
Cool thanks!

I'm actually almost always picking apart my stylist's brain on what hair trends are up and what challenges people face with styling hair - I like to believe that if you do hair for a living I would like to learn from you so I can somewhat replicate it at home. In fact the reason why i know more about hair than most is due to my chats while getting my hair done!

Haha thanks again for the brief breakdown of your time at MM.

Ok still taking orders for Morris Motley, let me know before the 19th as I'm flying off on the 20th.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here we go. Appt time 7.45pm, arrived at 7.45pm and waited for a 5-10 mins before serving me. Was offered beer while waiting for my turn. At any one point in time, only two customers can have their hair cut, so got to wait for one to finish before I get served. Once seated, the hairstylist (James i believe) assigned to me started introducing and asking what hairstyle I wish to achieve. Then he proceed to look at my hair, ask some questions like 1. when I last cut 2. where? 3. What i normally do to my hair, etc. Basically to understand more about my expectation and also to see what can be done to the current hair length. Then he explained to me what he is going to do and why (like my slightly round face shape and the already disconnected hair). Then proceed to wash and massage hair with treatment oil :) Then cut liao. While cutting, got chit chat, blast music, drink beer and rob going around to take video for this periscope. Anyway, rob didnt cut my hair. He was busy making the balm and oil at the back of the studio. After first round of cutting, then go wash hair again, blow dry and cut again but the finer cuts. Then he start to style my hair using the balm :) then do final check again, clean up and done!

Anyway i think you can choose which stylist you want when you making your appointment with them. I didnt choose, fine with anyone. I think who you choose will affect when your appt will be. Got a guy who was there earlier than me but got to wait much longer as he specify ryan to cut his hair.

We didnt talk much about styling hair in singapore's climate, i only specify i want something that can be neat when at work and funky while going out, and i am happy with the results :) never take any close up photo of my hair ytd but will do once i style it on monday.

Style ur hair now and gpgt leh

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DQm8NAjl.jpg

Sent from an emulsion of Love without using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Okok. I think purple can do the same Hahaha
$30. I think the experience is good though.
I think he can do magic with ang moh hair but not Asian.
But this cut definitely better than your previous hair.
That one beng kia leh

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Okok. I think purple can do the same Hahaha
$30. I think the experience is good though.
I think he can do magic with ang moh hair but not Asian.
But this cut definitely better than your previous hair.
That one beng kia leh
I also think this cut is better than any of my other cuts. Like smoother. I think need thicker, stronger hair, and denser hair.

Got time I try the other hairstyle he did for me ytd, but I don't know how to recreate the same as ytd night, got to trial and error. Haha

Sent from mobile using GAGT

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also think this cut is better than any of my other cuts. Like smoother. I think need thicker, stronger hair, and denser hair.

Got time I try the other hairstyle he did for me ytd, but I don't know how to recreate the same as ytd night, got to trial and error. Haha

Why you no take pic? Wah Lao. Disappointed leh

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got la, group photo nia. As i am more concern about meeting the group and able to cut at their place. No close-up haha. What I really really love is how their cut my sides, like smooth flow, love it haha

I agree the sides are done well considering asian hair likes to stick out.

I always request to use scissors for the sides.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good experience overall. Lol

Anyway gonna get my hair cut this wed too. Haha. Gonna keep my hair length Haha just clear the sides and take the weight off the top and back. Lol. See can get fucboi look anot hahahaha

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup they have more scissors work which I think is cool and more meticulous :)

That is good. I personally hate it when the stylist uses clipper most of the time.
It is simply a lazy but fast way for them.
I get better results when the stylist uses scissors majority of the time. Hence I usually request for the sides to be cut using scissors as it does not stick out much.

Bloomoo

Banned
Reaction score
Hello, I used to cut overlap for my hair, but somehow I feel this look does not suit my face, is it possible I tell the stylist to cut high slope for me? How long do I need to wait before going again?

What's the difference between 1 and 2 for sloping?

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyway gonna get my hair cut this wed too. Haha. Gonna keep my hair length Haha just clear the sides and take the weight off the top and back. Lol. See can get fucboi look anot hahahaha

Wah Lao eh, see ur description I wet Liao ****

dj_flame

Reaction score

Consider asking the sides to be scissored and blended in - this is assuming your sides are long enough to lay back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.