SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Raider04

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my Birthday Window for this year ending next week and I just managed to attend One IPPT and failed this week.

Does it mean that after next week(next window period) I will require to go for 20 RTs to clear off my current window Fail IPPT?

And on top of that if I want to go for IPT, its an additional IPT sessions to take to clear next window's IPPT?

Yes to both

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys, my Birthday Window for this year ending next week and I just managed to attend One IPPT and failed this week.

Does it mean that after next week(next window period) I will require to go for 20 RTs to clear off my current window Fail IPPT?

And on top of that if I want to go for IPT, its an additional IPT sessions to take to clear next window's IPPT?

a. u will be required to attend 19 RTs as u have attended 1 IPT session.

b. there will be no IPT available for u in the next window as u will be under RT.

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone knows what happens if I need to complete RT but applying exit permit to go work overseas?

Will the current cycle be considered closed? Or will it be a RT default charge?

Or the exit permit may even be denied for not completing RT?

my guess is, you can be exempted, if you are overseas for most of the RT period

but to confirm, better confirm with NS hotline or your unit

RolexMilgauss

Reaction score
IPPT system - How does it work?

Hi all, kind of confused with the new changes. Hope experts here may help.

2014:
- Taken ipt-ippt 1st session. Then taken self-booked IPPT later, hoping to pass but still failed within the old 9 months window. Liable for RT within last 3 months (7 Aug 2014 to 7 Nov 2014).
- In the midst, 1 Sep 2014 policy changes implemented. RT Window extended till 7 Nov 2015.

2015:
- 1 Apr 2015 policy changes implemented again. New ippt format.
- Tried to extend window to complete remaining RTs but disallowed.
- No choice, taken only 8 RTs and tried to pass but still failed 8th session RT-IPPT

When I login yesterday, I see the below:

You are in new policy window. Your current RT window is from 7 Nov 2015 to 6 Nov 2016.

You are required to attend RT in your current window because you did not meet your IPPT/IPT requirements in your previous IPPT/IPT window.

You have NOT COMPLETED your RT for the period from 7 Nov 2015 to 6 Nov 2016.

Please COMPLETE your 20 RT sessions by 6 Nov 2016, otherwise you will be subjected to disciplinary action.

Question:

1) This is my first time for a possible charge. Am I liable for RT Defaulter charge?
2) If yes, when will the SMS be sent to me? As I had received none thus far. I understand letter of charge may be sent within 2 months. Moreover, I don't see any Defaulter notification in my "Advisory".

Continually, I had already planned my schedule to clear the 20 RTs in this new policy window. Don't want to be last minute and complacent again, hopefully train harder and pass on the 8th, 14th sessions to exit early this time. :o

Thank you!

MuggerX

Reaction score
Under the new system , can I say that as long as I complete the 10 IPT sessions, I will not be eligible for any more rt sessions even if i fail my ippt at the end of the IPT?

1q2w3e4r5t6y

Reaction score
so is 8th, 14th and 18th session.. :o
at first my booking portal never show my rt-ippt on my 14th session.. just checked and changed back..
rt-ippt tomorrow lo
:o
:(

Sent from qrewty using GAGT
hi.. just to continue my question.. i gave attended my 17 lessons and i am going for my 18th one.. but it shows only rt and not rt-ippt.. is it normal? since this 18th one is my final one liao....

any sexpert please advice..

Sent from qrewty using GAGT

low_key_goer

Reaction score
The IPT in the park attendance updating is damn cocked up.

Session cancelled due to haze - not updated in the system, so system prevent you to book replacement session.

Session attended, also not updated if the attendance taking guy on that day is lepak and lax. Worse of all, no slip issued to prove your attendance.

For the former, it took them 3 weeks to update the cancelled session.

For the latter, 2 weeks and still counting.

Out of the 4 sessions booked, i encountered 2 problems.
Really damn "efficient" system.

fat guy

Reaction score
I am having my 10th ICT and MR next year. If I attempt but don't pass IPPT next year, do I have to do RT in 2017? (My birthday is in January)

ontodhcp

Reaction score
The IPT in the park attendance updating is damn cocked up.

Session cancelled due to haze - not updated in the system, so system prevent you to book replacement session.

Session attended, also not updated if the attendance taking guy on that day is lepak and lax. Worse of all, no slip issued to prove your attendance.

For the former, it took them 3 weeks to update the cancelled session.

For the latter, 2 weeks and still counting.

Out of the 4 sessions booked, i encountered 2 problems.
Really damn "efficient" system.

I also had the same problem. Went for IPT at marina bay 3 weeks ago attendance until now not updated. Email them twice until now still no reply.

MelodyM

Reaction score
if i enhanced BMT then is it got high chance weekends (after initial 2 wk confinement) cannot bookout?

is last 2 weeks of BMT (wk 8 & 9) very siong then cannot bookout? or last 2 week relak liao?

Calander

Reaction score
if i enhanced BMT then is it got high chance weekends (after initial 2 wk confinement) cannot bookout?

is last 2 weeks of BMT (wk 8 & 9) very siong then cannot bookout? or last 2 week relak liao?

Whether enhanced or not does not affect the chances of booking-out.

For normal BMT, the confinement is during the physical training phase (PTP). Whereas the enhanced is during the military training phase. Therefore, this depends on you whether you want your first tale to your family or girlfriend to be of a pure physical exercise kind, or military kind.

Do not ever look at short-term planning which is about BMT booking-out kinda thing. What matters is the long-term which determines whether how long you plan to be serving, 22 or 24 months?

Last 2 weeks? BMT is never a place for recruits to relax. The only time to relax are your admin time, range and after POP awaiting for posting.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.